Sunday, June 16, 2013

What will this week have in store for me?…

Monday was a great day. I got up and took Robbie for a walk through the lagoon, up and over to Westcliff Drive, to the end of the wharf and back and home. It looked like it was going to be the cloudy overcast day but it was actually pretty warm out, it was even warm walking next to the ocean and dealt by the lighthouse. We came back and rested for a while and then went over to check out my aunt's garden, it is just doing great. Time for green beans and peas, she picked some cabbage for corned beef and cabbage tomorrow. The last couple of days I've had salad with stuff from her garden, it just taste so much better than store-bought. It looks like we are about to be bombarded with tomatoes, big ones and little ones. I looked up some recipes on Pinterest for tomatoes. I came back home and Rosa put me to bed and Heather came over to cook, I just love the way the house smells when Heather is cooking.

Tuesday was a pretty good day. I got up and took Robby for a short little cruise before my appointment at sunshine Villa to get a manicure/pedicure, today I chose purple. I came back and Omar was doing my Windows, it was nice to get the pinging off of them and they looked really good. I rested for a while and then took Robby for another cruise. I came back and Teresa came and took me down to the carpet place to get a piece of carpet for my kitchen, my kitchen is such a weird shape me into getting two pieces. We were going to go to Home Depot to get some rest oleum paint for the table and chairs outside, they were black and peeling and Rusty and I wanted more of a dark sage color. The last couple times someone has driven the van they haven't been able to get the key out so we ended up going by the Honda dealer instead and they looked at it and made an appointment to fix it on Friday. We went by the post office and picked up a couple of packages and then came home and Teresa made kimchi burgers and kimchi brown rice, they were so good. We did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath.

Wednesday was a great day. I got up and want to take my Google glass out and take some pictures but I forgot where we put the key, I swear I'm getting so old. I bought a lockbox for them and I'm pretty sure Teresa told me where was but I just couldn't remember. Robby and I went for a cruise through the lagoon, to the lighthouse Museum and back, to the end of the wharf and back and on our way home we ran into Heather on her way to the farmers market. We rested for a bit and then headed down to the farmers market to meet Heather. I got some stuff for salads and then we went downtown to the oil and vinegar store, what a great place. I'm going to have fun experimenting with oil and vinegar's for my salad dressings. We went over to the taco bar and had a couple of tacos and then came home, we haven't done that for a long time. The weather was perfect. Rosa came and put me to bed and I ate the other kimchi burger. Lee and Claudia, my uncle and my mom and I played cards, my aunt couldn't make it. Since there was only five people playing there were no partners and I won a lot more money, I think I won like five or six dollars.

Thursday was a pretty good day. I got up and decided to take my Google glass out for a spin, I finally got the leash to secure it because I'm afraid all the bouncing around I do it's going to fall off my head… It didn't. I went to Neary Lagoon and Westcliff Drive and took a picture of EVERYTHING, much to my surprise when I got back my battery was still 60%. I finally learned how to download them on my computer… I am so impressed with myself learning all these new things AND remembering them. I came back and rested for a bit and then went to the movies with Lexi and Seth to see the internship. It was really cool seeing the movie after just taking the tour of Google in Mountain View, that's where it was filmed… A lot of stuff looked really familiar. I came home and Teresa put me to bed, we did some personal care and I got a nice long hot bath. I was so tired that I didn't even hear Teresa leave.

Friday was another great day.  I got a nice long massage, my muscles in my arms have been really hurting a lot lately, and then I got up and got ready to go for a cruise with Robby and I got a phone call, all the message that was "puma cited in the neighborhood please be careful" I must've missed a lot of the message because it didn't even say what area but I was assuming since they called my number it was around here somewhere. Heather texted me and said don't go into the lagoon because there is a mountain lion in there, that's exactly where I was headed for. Of course after I brush my teeth and washed my face without thinking about it I headed down towards the lagoon. Of course I just had to check it out, I saw the channel 8 news vehicle and a couple of people walking through so I figured why not? It would either be safe to go through with it would stop me. I made it through and then went up toWestcliff Drive, I like to go out there when it's really hot because there's always a nice cool breeze but it was really cold so I turned around and came back. I rested for a while and then went to the boardwalk to see the first concert on the beach, it was ABC, I wasn't sure who they were but I did know a lot of their songs. I found a really nice place to sit up by where their building that new riptide ride and I really enjoy the concert. I came home and Teresa had given Robby a bath and he looks so white and clean, how long do you think that will last?  He loves to roll in the driveway in the skid marks or role in the front yard where the cats like to poop in the dirt. I don't really like my front yard and I have been wanting to redo it for a long time so I think I'm just going to do it. I'd like to do a succulent garden, I have been going through pictures and looking at yards and I'm going to drive around and see what I like, I found a couple of landscape designers on yelp that have some pretty good references and five stars. I'd also like to redo the area where my pond and fountain are. I've asked the guy that does the maintenance on my yard a couple of times and I think although he's trying to learn you just wants to do maintenance for now and is keeping himself pretty busy, I did want to hurt anybody's feelings so I asked him first.

Saturday I just decided to stay in bed. I get really really warm at night but it I turn the air conditioner to 70° and turn the fan on above my head and then the muscles in my arms hurt, the massage therapist told me yesterday that it's probably the cold air freezing up my muscles. I watched the road trip, I knew was going to be a good movie but it was great, and Texas chainsaw, really creepy. Seth came over so I started it over and watched it with him, I hope it's okay that he watches those kind of movies. Rosa came and got me something to eat, she brought me a couple of talk was also… I LOVE tacos. My uncle and aunt came over and them and my mom and I played about three games of cribbage, my mom was my partner and we lost a dollar.

Sunday was such a beautiful day. I got up and took Robby for cruise through the lagoon, I'm still a little nervous and watching all over since the mountain lion sighting there… I still never heard if they found anything or not. I cruised down to the wharf and then back and then Adriana took me to Costco, I was really surprised that there was hardly anybody there. Everybody was probably at home barbecuing for Father's Day. Today was not only Father's Day but it was my uncle Dick's birthday, he was also born on Father's Day. My birthday is the 18th and I was born on Father's Day. I decided to get a hot dog this time and it was so good. I took Robby for another cruise through the lagoon and down to the end of the work and back. Cool stuff always happens when I don't have my Google class. I saw a crow trying to open up to go food box that was wrapped and tied with a plastic, he saw me and grabbed the bag and flew up into a nearby tree and stashed it and turned around and waited for me to leave. Crows are so big and so smart. I saw one one time with the walnut and we would go up and stand on the wire and then drop it, I couldn't figure out what he was doing, finally I figured out that he was trying to break it open… It didn't break but a car came by and read it over and that he flew down and ate it, plan two I guess? I came back home and practiced some commands with Robby in the driveway and then we played for a little bit. Rosa came to put me to bed, we did some personal care and then she went home.

1 comment:

sunset said...

Happy birthday Tammie! It does sound like you had a great week; those pictures you took and posted came out great! You are going to be a pro before long!! Do be careful with that mountain lion hanging around town! That would be scary to run across it on a walk with Robby. I saw a coyote yesterday when I was driving to where we walk Koda, thankfully it was going the other way and blocks away from our ultimate stopping place.