Sunday, June 2, 2013

Back in my new house, it looks like a new house…

Monday I ended up staying in bed again, I was hoping those days would be over but it's nice to stay in bed once in a while. I thought I was getting sick, hopefully I'm not, and my stomach has been making really loud noises all night long. Karen came in and we did some personal care, I'm always so sore and exhausted after. I emailed my brother and told him I was going to Google headquarters in Mountain View a week from tomorrow to pick up my Google class, he was so excited for me. If he can get the time off he's going to fly here with JP and go with me, I'm going to call tomorrow and see if we can get a tour. The rest of the day I just relaxed and watched a couple of episodes of Nashville, I love that series and it's getting really exciting. I think that an Bates Motel are my two new favorite series. Rosa took the evening off so she could go to great America with her family and Teresa had plans so it looks like it's just Robby and I for the evening.

Tuesday was a very productive day. It was really beautiful outside so I hated to spend most of inside sunshine villa but I really needed to get my hair dyed. I got my hair dyed and highlighted and my fingernails cut and polished and I will go back next Tuesday to get my toenails done, we ran out of time. After the appointment Robby and I cruised down to the boardwalk to see what was going on they are there, it was very crowded. I ran into Heather coming out of workAnd she said she would be over later. I cruise around for a while and when I almost got home I noticed that my headrest was missing so I went back to sunshine Villa to get it. I came home and rested for a bit and then Teresa came to me to bed. My stomach still isn't feeling very good. I ate the chicken bake from Costco on Saturday that had been left out all day, never a good idea. I have been having stomach problems ever since. Last night we tried pretty much everything to do some personal care and it just wouldn't work so we finally had to give up.

Wednesday I woke up still feeling bloated and cramped so we tried some personal care again. I didn't really want to because I had an appointment at Valley medical, needless to say I ended up canceling it. They called me back and asked me if there was any way I could make it because Dr. Hentz came all the way from Stanford just to see me. I feel really bad but it just wouldn't of been worth it and it's too far away to have an accident and end up sitting in it, not because Weimar problems and I just hope that they understand. When I stay in bed most that I worry about Robby because I know he needs his exercise so and Heather came by I was thrilled when she asked if she could take Robby for a walk.The rest of the day I just dozed in and out and watch TV. Lee and Claudia, my aunt and uncle and my mom and I played cribbage and my uncle was my partner and we won a dollar. Lee and Claudia's daughter Virginia was in the neighborhood so she stopped by for a little while, it was great seeing her again. She is going to have a baby in a couple of months and she looked very uncomfortable, I don't get it?? It's so much easier to just get a puppy.

Thursday was a really great day. I got to get up and get out of here and the weather was gorgeous, a little warm in the afternoon but a nice breeze. Robby and I cruised through the lagoon and we ran into Garrett, a friend that I met at Costco. He was on his way to work but we got to chat for a while, he's trying to figure out a way that I can use pepper spray in case another dog tries to attack Robby again… He is so sweet. We went up through the park and down Westcliff Drive, it was so beautiful and everybody was so happy to be outside. I wish some of these people would put their dog on a leash because it makes me really nervous, usually I just stop and stare at them and turn around and go the other way and hope they get the hint. There is a leash law in Santa Cruz but everybody thinks they're exempt. We cruised back down the hill and thought about going to the wharf but decided to come home to rest for a bit first. As we were crossing the street I saw Ursula in the car with her mom, her mom loves to drive around and go out to lunch. I think now that Tom and Kelly are coming down in July I will be able to see Ursula and Jim more often, they are so fun to hang out with.

Friday kind of sucked. It was really nice outside, I can see the sun coming up early in the morning. Karen came to get me dressed so that I can get ready to get up when Jack was finished putting the new back on my chair. It took him a lot longer than he thought and when he brought it in it looked like a little kid's chair, the headrest went up to my shoulders and the back wasn't wide or deep  enough so back into bed I went wild Jack put the old back back on my chair. I wasn't feeling really great, I've been having a lot of problems with bloating lately and I wish I could figure out why… Maybe it's nerves? I rested for a while and then Teresa came and brought some pad Thai noodles with prawns, garlic tofu and stirfried vegetables… That always makes me feel better. She put the rest of the balances up in the living room and kitchen and gave Robby a bath. My mom went to Modesto for the weekend to watch my nephew graduate so my aunt and Seth came over to stay to keep me company.

Saturday was a great day. I woke up feeling so good, that hasn't happened for a long time. I got dressed and got up and went to take Robby for a walk and Seth asked me if he could join me, I told him I was just going downtown to talk to the guy who tie dyes my shirts and he said he didn't mind so he came with. We cruise down there and I asked him if he could do some of my shirts just a solid color, Jeremy said sure. We came back and I rested for a bit and sent came over and asked me if I wanted to go to the movies, of course I do. We were going to go see iron man three and ended up seeing the fast and the furious six, it was a really good movie and I stayed awake during the whole thing… Usually I fall asleep for at least 10 minutes of the movie. We came back and Rosa was here so she put me to bed, did some personal care and gave me a nice long hot bath… It felt so great. My aunt and Seth came over again so I don't have to be alone because my mom is still in Modesto, I think she's going to go visit her friend Martha tomorrow.

All in all Sunday was a great day. I got dressed and got up and cruise Robby through the lagoon, through downtown and over to Ross. We didn't go down Pacific Avenue because today was pride day and we would have never gotten through, there was so many people there. I wanted to go down to see Heather and see if I could find Dr. Owens but I needed to go to Costco and when we got back of course the lift in my van wouldn't work so we played with it for a while and luckily my brother from Georgia showed up in between him and seth they figured out how to open it with the crank. After I got out my brother played with it for a little bit and got it to work, the buttons inside the van for the lift and the Neal were turned off. David, Seth and I decided to go to the movies and see hangover three… It was really funny. After the movie we decided to go to pizza my heart and bring home some pizza, I have never eaten there before and the pizza was pretty good. I usually go to Woodstock pizza and I think that is still my favorite but pizza my heart was a close second. It felt so great to be out and about after 4 PM, that's what time my caregivers usually come to put me to bed. I think I'm going to try to stay out later little more often. We came home and had some pizza and then Rosa put me to bed and I just relaxed for the rest of the evening, I hope the Tylenol PMs kick in soon because I'm not feeling very tired.

1 comment:

sunset said...

Glad you liked the movies you saw Tammie; I hear both of them are great ones to see! I'm with you about the leash laws, sometimes it is not fun walking Koda, trying to maneuver him away from other dogs off leash. It is very frustrating at times. Glad to hear you started feeling better as the week went on; hope it stays like that!