Sunday, June 9, 2013

Lots of visitors from out of town this week…

Monday was a great day. The weather said it was supposed to be 70° some hardware just a thin shirt and of course there was cold and windy. My mom, my brother and I decided to go to Felton and try this new restaurant called Oak Three Ristorante and I knew I should have called first because we got there and it was closed. We had to go to Costco anyway so we decided to just get hot dogs, Polish dogs and a raspberry sundae… Of course it was pretty good. My mom wanted to pick up some pills and I was going to look into an android phone, of course I have no idea what I'm going to need for my Google glass tomorrow. Luckily the salesman knew all about them and was a big help, I decided to traded my iPhone for an android galaxy 4. Everyone that I have talked to say they are way better than iPhones but I needed to do anything with Google glass. My option was to get a second phone and a two-year contract or just get a new phone, luckily they gave me $200 for my iPhone. I came home and Rosa put me to bed and cleaned my porch really good, I love just going out there and sitting. Seth came over and we all had Chinese food and then Seth and I watched a movie called Hot Rod.

Tuesday is one of the most exciting days of my life, I get to go to Mountain View and pick up my Google class. I'm not only excited that I get to pick them up but I'm also excited that my brother David flew here from Georgia to go with me, he was just as excited about them as I was. We wanted to make sure and get there on time because you never know what traffic is going to be like on Highway 17, we got to Los Gatos and plenty of time and decided to go to chipotle for lunch… We pass right by happy hound and it looks like they are almost finished remodeling after the fire. The Google campus is incredible, I can't remember how many thousands of people work there but they say it's almost uncomfortable to get paid to work there because it's such a great place. They have a bowling alley, volleyball and tennis courts and who knows what else. In one of the courtyards there are the bones of a giant dinosaur, last April Fools' Day they decided to put a bunch of pink flamingos in its mouth, people started moving them down towards the stomach into the end and there they still sit. Everybody was so nice, helpful and patient… I had a hard time hitting the button on the side of my glass and they just kept trying to suggest different ways. I know that it will take a lot of practice but I will figure out a way. You just look up to turn the unit on and then you say "okay glass" and then it gives you a list of stuff you want to do like take a picture, take a video, get directions, look something up on the Internet… It's just amazing. The glass since about level with your eyebrow so you hardly notice that it's on and there is a little screen that you can see everything that you're doing… Unbelievable. Of course I know that everybody's going to want to try them on and play with them but I'm just not going to be able to let anybody. They're not even out yet and the guy told me they were sure when they were going to be available to the public, I just can't risk losing or breaking these. We came back and set up our new time clock, instead of timecards you just push in a code and then punch in or out. It is hooked up to my computer and will automatically and up the hours so we won't have to do that manually anymore. We did some personal care and I had some tortellini with chicken, asparagus and spinach that Teresa made.

Wednesday was a pretty good day.  My uncle and aunt are building a brick planter and stairs in front of their house so I went over to check it out, they are working really hard on and it looks awesome. I talked to my uncle for a while and then came back home to rest. I got up and took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon, down West Cliff and back into the end of the wharf at back. That was about it because it was too cold. I came back and Rosa put me to bed and ate the rest of the Chinese food, pretty good stuff.

Thursday was a super awesome day. I got dressed and got up and cruised over to the Dream Inn to meet Christy, Kenzie and Rozie… One of Robby's sisters. We visited for a while and then Tiffany showed up with Roxy… Another one of Robbyy's sisters. The reunion and was amazing and kept us laughing for a long time, they were really glad to see each other again. We let them wear themselves out for a little bit and then we went to the restaurant at the Inn, Aquarius. One of the receptionists at the desk said hi and said that she sees Robby and I cruising up and down Westcliff all the time. From where they sat us you could see the wharf as well as Westcliff Drive, it was just gorgeous. Everybody liked what they had to eat and we all had such a great time talking. After lunch we came over here, close the gate, set up the dog pool and just let them have the greatest time of their life. They really wore each other out, we were worn out just watching. Christy Was getting really tired so her, Kenzie and Rozi went back to their hotel to get some rest, they had a really long trip and they are a long way to go. Tiffany and Roxy hung out with Robby and I for a while and we chatted about just about everything. Before we knew it the day was over and it was time to go to bed. We decided that we had such a great time we were going to try to do it every year, as often as we can. Teresa came by and for me to bed and gave me a salami and cheese sandwich made out of flat bread, hummus and some prosciutto wrapped cheese. By the time Teressa I could barely keep my eyes open. It was a really great day.

Friday was a pretty uneventful and relaxing. I got to sleep in until 8:30 AM, that's always nice, and then Susan came and gave me a two hour massage. Everything hurt and then I got so relaxed I fell into a really deep sleep and I woke up when she was finished. Karen came in pretty much all I had left over was the snacks that Teresa bought for my friends when they came over so I ate salami, prosciutto, cheese, flatbread and hummus for lunch. We did some personal care and I was pretty exhausted so I took a nap.

Saturday was a great day although the weather people LIED. I just warm because it was supposed to be 70° and luckily I put a sweatshirt on because it was pretty cold all day long, it even started to sprinkle a little bit. I have a notice from the post office so I had Adriana put it up my sleeve so I could go by myself to pick up. We cruise through the lagoon and then over to Walgreens, and looking for a leash for my Google glass because I pump around so much in my chair. Walgreens didn't have it and suggested that I go to CVS so I went to the post office to pick up my package first and they were closed so we headed over to CVS and of course they had this weird chain/bead looking one, it look like what the old ladies where, but if it holds the glass on my face I'm happy. We cruised over to the Golden fleece, when I got a couple of my shawls made, to see if they still do that and I must aside in front of the door for about 10 minutes and nobody came to help in it for me so just as I was leaving I noticed some people sitting right there by the door with the window open so when I went by a lady on the phone said "hello" I said "oh hi I would like to talk to somebody" and she just sat there staring at me so I said "maybe I should come back when I can find somebody to open the door for me?" And she said "okay"… Really?? So I headed over to cost plus, I love looking around in that place because they always have such really cool stuff, and then over to ross for the same reason. We cruised back home and rested for a bit and then rosa and came to put me to bed and get me something to eat. For some reason I've gotten to the point where I don't eat that much in the morning, I'm just not hungry, so by the time evening gets here I am STARVING and I eat way too much and I don't feel good the next day. I'm going to work on that this week.

Sunday it didn't look like it was going to be a very good day outside so I decided to stay in bed, I think Adriana said it was even sprinkling when she got here. Rosa came and brought me some ribs and make me a salad and some guacamole, what a great dinner.  We did some personal care and then I got a nice long hot, I feel great.

1 comment:

sunset said...

How fun with your google experience, Tammie. That does sound like a nice place to work! I'm sure before long you will be a pro with the glass; sounds like an amazing invention! Technology sure has changed so much in just such a short period of time!

So glad too Robby got a chance to see his sisters; sounded like it was a wonderful time and a great week for you!