Sunday, February 10, 2013

This week doesn't look very promising, I guess spring has sprung…

Monday was a pretty good day. I'm trying to stay away from everybody because everybody seems to be getting sick… if you are sick please stay away. I got a massage from Susan and personal care took pretty much all day. I have always wanted to make the door from my bedroom to my back porch wider so that I can fit my bed through it, not only so I can be pushed outside but in case of emergency. Susan's husband is a contractor and he's going to come over and give me an estimate, I'm so excited… just in time for summer.

Tuesday was really cold but a great day. Karen got me up and Robby and I headed over to Sunshine Villa to get a manicure and a pedicure, well me not Robby. I so Rosa over there and she looked really tired, I hope she's not working too much. Samantha did a really good job and I love it, it's a diamond dust purple color. After that Robby and I cruised down to the end of the boardwalk and back and headed over to Dominican Rehab to meet with Andrei and Jack to do some more work on my chair. They put the lateral back on but moved it out a little bit so it's not pushing me over to the right. We talked about moving the joystick over to the left-hand side and see if I can drive like that but I'm just not sure that that's going to work, I think it will be very frustrating and I probably won't want to get very far from my house. I drive more with my upper arm and shoulder and my left arm just doesn't have that capability. Not to mention the left side is where I have Robby on my arm and I don't know what I would do about that, I can drive and risk that few will pull my arm and make me crash.  I'm going to ask them on my preop point but appointment what they suggest or what people usually do.  Staying in bed is just not an option a for 4 weeks.  Teresa met me over at Dominican rehab with the van and I'm so glad because it was still cold outside.  We came home and she put me to bed and cleaned out the refrigerator, it was a mess.

Wednesday didn't turn out to be such a good day. I got all the way up in my chair ready to face the day but then ended up going back to bed because of bladder problems, I hope it's not an infection. I pretty much slept the rest of the day and most of the night, I hope I sleep through the night. Heather came over and cooked a bunch of food, she has been sick for a couple of days so she was kind enough to stay away. My mom is also sick and I have surgery on a couple of weeks so I can afford to get sick. I didn't watch one movie today called the odd life of Timothy Green, who was definitely and odd movie. I watched a couple of episodes of Dr. Phil and then a couple episodes of American horror story: asylum. All in all I guess a pretty relaxing day, it looked like it was really nice outside but it only got up to 57°. We'll try again tomorrow.

Thursday I stayed in bed but it was a good day. I was going to get up because I stayed in bed yesterday but Teresa is getting the flu and couldn't come in to put me to bed. I got a nice long massage, personal care about wasn't as terrible as it usually was and a nice long hot bath… I feel relaxed and terrific. Robby got to go for a walk twice so I feel like it was a great day.

Friday was a really great day although it was very cold. I got up and took Robby for little cruise around the lagoon and then I came back to me Eric to get an estimate for widening the door from my bedroom to my back porch. It always kind of bothers me that in case something happens I'm not able to have my bed pushed outside so I decided I better just do it. It also might be nice in the summer to push my bed out on the porch and visit with everyone, I'm really excited. Eric said that he would have to find a 4 foot door and it would take him about the day to research everything and then he would have an estimate for me. We rested for a bit and then I took Robby out for a cruise a couple more times, I only went as far as Depot Park because by the time I got there it was really cold and I was ready to turn back. I can't stand the weather but not at 6 miles an hour. I need a windshield for my chair. Teresa still wasn't feeling well so Rosa came to put me to bed. Heather came over and cooked some stuff, it smelled really good in there. My uncle came over to see if I wanted some chicken soup, they make the best soups ever so how can I turn it down? I wasn't disappointed, it even had dumplings. I watched a couple of episodes of real life and then a couple episodes of hoarding.

Saturday was a pretty good day, very cold outside once again. I decided to stay in bed because it's cold, because it's the weekend and because I didn't have an evening caregiver. I was actually looking forward to spending the whole day in my room by myself.  Heather came by and brought some kind of tuna/wasabi thing that she made… man was a good. She also brought me some kale chips, I have really gotten to like those. I watched a movie called paranormal activity 4 and was very disappointed, I saw the 1st 3 and they were pretty scary but this one was just boring… I kept waiting for something exciting to happen but it never did. My uncle came over and brought me a salad, an awesome salad loaded with everything and my aunt came over with some chicken vegetable soup, they are an awesome team. She makes really good Swiss steak with mashed potatoes and she was making some but it wasn't going to be ready in time. I watched a couple episodes of hoarders, intervention and deadly women. I can't wait to get up tomorrow and I'm sure Robby feels the same way.

Sunday was a really great day that almost didn't happen. I had breakfast, got dressed and was ready to get up and my lift wasn't working… the most frustrating feeling in the world. Luckily it just wasn't put on the charger right so all I have to do was wait an hour, what a huge relief. Robby and I went for a really long cruise through the lagoon and on our way up to Westcliff we ran into Denise and Nena, Dr. Owens friend and her daughter. It had been a long time since I had seen them both and it was great to see them, hopefully during the summer we can start having barbecues together again. We cruised down Westcliff about halfway to natural Bridges Beach and then back and down to the end of the wharf and back. By then it was getting a little chilly so we decided to head back just in time to catch Heather cooking in the kitchen, I visited with her for a while and it was going to go back out and cruise for a little bit again but my house was just so warm and comfortable I decided to stay. Rosa came by and put me to bed. I had some bacon in the refrigerator so she cooked it for me for breakfast this week, it smelled so amazing of course I had to have a piece… is there anything that smells or tastes better than bacon?? I started to watch a movie called possession but it looked like it was pretty scary and I didn't know how Rosa felt about scary movies so I decided to turn it off until later, I hope it's better than paranormal 4.  Actually already tell that it was  so I'm excited to continue watching it.

1 comment:

betty said...

It does seem like everyone is sick, Tammie; good advice for people if they are sick to stay away from you. Sorry to hear your mom will need surgery in a few weeks; hope it all goes well with it.

Good idea to get the door to your room enlarged; hope it gets done sooner than summer!

betty