Monday, February 18, 2013

It's supposed to warm up again this week…

Monday was a typical Monday. I got a massage, personal care took most of the rest of the day and always just wipes me out. Rosa came in to give me a bath but it just didn't feel good, stomach cramps and a headache. I hope it's because of the personal care and not because I'm coming down with the flu. Teresa took my van into get fixed, that took all day. Mother came by and brought me four chicken enchiladas, I  LOVE her chicken enchiladas but then I love everything she makes. I watched a scary movie called possession and it was really good, scary. I started watching it last night but Rosa was here and I wasn't sure how she felt about scary movies so I turned it off for later. I watched a couple episodes of teen mom 2, trying to fall asleep. It took a couple of Advil PMs and later a lorazepam and finally my headache went away and I was also really sleepy.

Tuesday was a great day but a bit chilly, I thought it was in the start warming up… maybe it will. I was so sleepy last night and I didn't get to take a bath so Karen gave me about this morning, I didn't want to get out because it felt so great. I got up and took Robby for a really long cruise and came back just in time to rest for a bit before Rosa got here. Of course I was really tired before going to bed and just when I got into bed but now here it is 9:30 PM and I'm wide awake. Why is it that I sleep really good as soon as my morning caregiver gets here?

Wednesday was a very productive day although I didn't get up. I can't wait until everybody gets over this flu so I can have all of my Caregivers back, this flu is really kicking everyone's but. I am thankful that I haven't gotten it… knocks on wood…I am taking every precaution. I can't believe how much I ate today, I usually don't eat this much. I have a bacon, egg and avocado sandwich on a biscuit, a salad and enchiladas and then I had some Swiss steak, mashed potatoes, asparagus and another salad. My uncle and aunt, Lee and Claudia and my mom and I played cribbage. My mom was my partner and I wanted an extra dollar. Tomorrow Bob is coming by with a set of drawers and a cushion for the bench that he made me, I am so excited to see what it looks like. he's also making me a coffee table to match the rest of the furniture he made me and my living room and then under the mirror, in the hallway table.

Thursday was a really great day. Susan came over and gave me a massage and I was so relaxed I was asleep by the time she left. Karen came early and took Robby for cruise, I was stuck in bed again, and gave him a shower… he is always so happy after a shower, or maybe he's just glad that it's over? Bob came by and brought my drawers and the cushion and pillows his life made for my bench, they both looked AWESOME. I just rested most of the afternoon and thought about what I was going to do when I got up tomorrow, it's going to be like 72° out so I'm really looking forward to it. Heather came over and cooked and of course it smelled wonderful thing here. Teresa bought my van back, she took it in this morning to get some sensors put around the van just in case. Apparently they start out beeping slowly and the closer you get to an object the faster they beep and if you still get too close it hits the brakes, it's amazing what they come up with these days.

Friday turned out to be a great day. It started with personal care so for the 1st half of the day I felt really crappy but as soon as I got up and got outside it was all worth it. I think it got up to 72° and it was almost too warm, I had the bright idea of wearing a formal underneath my shirt. I took Robby for cruise through the lagoon, down past the surfers Museum and back and down to the end of the wharf and back. By that time it was getting really warm and Rocky needed water, he was exhausted. There wasn't a lot of people out and about but the traffic was ridiculous, what's up with that?? We got back home just in time, Rosa showed up to put me to bed.

Saturday didn't go as I had planned. I got a heat rash from being too hard on Friday so I decided it's better to stay in bed and on my side with the fan on all day, it's either one day now for a week when it gets worse… as much as it sucks I would rather just do one day now. Adriana wanted to go for a jog so she took Robby and look like they have a really good time, she sent me a picture of them down by the surfing Museum. It's not the most comfortable thing laying on your side and for some reason I have lot of anxiety that I was  trying to talk myself out of all day. I tried to relax and just watch a couple of movies. I just have to lay like this until Rosa gets here and then take a nice long hot bath and I can be on my back again, I hope the rash goes away. I was going to go ahead and get it today and then if it got worse stayed down tomorrow but Adriano said it would be better to stay down today that way if it doesn't get better tomorrow I have another day to rest. Monday I have 3 appointments of Valley medical to get ready for my surgery on Friday, good call Adriana. I was getting ready to rest for the evening when my uncle came over and challenged us to a cribbage game, who could refuse? My mom was my partner and we lost $3 BUT we had fun and that's all that counts right??
Sunday ended up being another day in bed, I wish everybody could get over this flu… at least I'm glad I never got it. I decided if I didn't do personal care today and take a bath I don't know when I was going to do it, next week is a very busy week. I got a new hospital table and aunt and uncle put it together for me tonight, it's shorter and wider than the ones that I am used to but I think it just might work. Shorter is good because that just means I can put as much clutter on it. The bath shirt felt awesome, the temperature was perfect and my body stayed straight right in the middle of the tub… I really didn't want to get out. After my bath I tried to relax and watch Hotel Transylvania but it made my television go blank, my aunt came over and fix it so of course what do I do? Try to watch it again. I had to wait for my mom to come down and see if she could fix it, and had to try to remember what my hand did, and we got into work again… I think I'll just delete Hotel Transylvania.

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

I like the picture of Robbie, Tammie. He looks regal in it! I am so sorry about everyone being sick and the rash you got; hope this week is healthier for all! That is a nice looking bench!