Sunday, September 16, 2012

I feel great and I got my puppy back…

 Monday was a really long and exhausting personal-care day, I didn't even make it out of bed. For breakfast I had chicken Castroville and roasted vegetables in for lunch I had chicken and coconut soup and focaccia bread.

Tuesday was a great day. I got up and did my exercises for Stanford research, I decided to do them when I 1st get up because by the end of the day I always forget. I would for cruise through the lagoon, down to the end of the wharf and back and then home. It was such a nice day I decided to lay back in the driveway and enjoy it and Heather came by so I have her give me something to eat because I knew it was going to be a busy evening. The accounting lady came by at 3 PM and then Susan came by at 4 PM to give me a much-needed and appreciated massage, I think it has been 2 or 3 weeks. When Teresa came by at 3 PM she brought Robby and it sure was nice to see him. Of course he came in and totally ignored me and ran over to the accountant  and then back to Teresa, Tom came down the hallway and Robby dashed out to say hello to him… I guess Robby didn't miss me as much as I missed him. We'll see who's left out when I go for a walk tomorrow… just kidding, I am really glad to have Robby back. For breakfast I had some pineapple, Costco has better pineapple than Safeway but unfortunately Costco does not deliver. For lunch I tried a pineapple and golden beet juice smoothie, it didn't taste as good as it sounded and it was really thick. For lunch I had chicken Castroville, steak, roasted vegetables and quinoa. It sure is nice to get back on a real diet again although I really loved Heather's soups.

Wednesday I got up and took Robby for a really long cruise through the lagoon, the wharf and the boardwalk. All of the rides, food and souvenir places were all closed up for the winter so I figured I was the perfect place to practice some of  Robby's commands, there were a few people around for distraction  so it was perfect. We cruised on back home and rested for a bit and then went to the Farmer's market with Kelly, she got me addicted to those white raspberries and now I just want to have them. I also got some almond milk with coconut and some vegan macaroons, I have always wondered what vegan desserts taste like and I think they are pretty good. We came back home and it was time to go to bed for the evening. For breakfast I had some cantaloupe, again it was from Safeway so wasn't that good. For dinner I had steak, quinoa and some roasted vegetables… after I went to bed I had some sardines in mustard and crackers.

Thursday turned out to be a beautiful day also. I got up and did my exercises and took Robby on the same cruise and ended up again at the Boardwalk practicing some commands, Robby is such a good boy. As we were cruising through the wharf I noticed Robby didn't have his collar with his tags on so I texted Karen to make sure she forgot that I didn't have to backtrack to try to find it, she forgot to put it on. As we were cruising through the boardwalk I noticed that Robby slipped the nose piece off of his halti so I figured I was listening that it was time to go home. I caught Karen before she left and had her put it back on and we were going to go out cruising again but instead we talked to Tom and Kelly for a bit. Kelly went upstairs and my hand came in with Jessica, my cousin's wife. My cousin passed away when he was 22 and Jessica found him and she was so devastated that she just moved away so she came back to say hello, it was really great to see her and she looked exactly the same as she did 12 years ago. She said that she had moved back to Santa Cruz and was going to try to start a new life. Hopefully we will see her again. For breakfast I had a poached egg, a pork Patty and an English muffin. For lunch I had a white raspberry smoothie with almond Coconut milk and coconut water, it was a little bitter so next time I will try to add something sweeter to it. For dinner I had steak and kale and after I went to bed some more sardines in mustard, I really love those but so far only Teresa wants to feed them to me.

Friday was such a beautiful day. I got up and just hung around in my driveway loving my yard and the sun. We decided to have a barbecue for lunch and cleaned out my freezer, get rid of some of the stuff that's about to expire. Kelly found some calamari and my aunt had some tempura shrimp and Kelly made some broccoli risotto, I had never had risotto before and I have always wanted to try it… it was really good. Teresa came and put me to bed and I just relaxed the rest of the evening, so nice. For breakfast I had a poached egg, pork Patty and an English muffin.
 Saturday I felt miserable so I just stayed in bed.

Sunday was a much better day. I got up and took Robby for a nice long cruise and then came back home and Tom, Kelly and I  decided to try the surf riders Café. I have several groupons from them and Karen keeps telling me how fabulous there  food is, she was not lying. I had a coffee and chocolate milkshake and Kelly and I split some avocado fries and calamari. Tom had a portobello hamburger that looked awesome and that came with some which cut potatoes. After that we went to the tie-dye store and I got a couple of pairs of tie-dye pants. I have a bunch of white shirts that I have been looking for someone to tie dye and the guy said that they will do it for me, I am so excited. I can't wait to gather them up and take them down there. I already picked out a couple of patterns. I came back home and Karen put me to bed and I have the rest of the evening to relax and watch movies. For breakfast I had a poached egg, English muffin and some white raspberries.

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

Never heard of avocado fries, Tammie, but they sound delicious! Same with that shake! It is interesting how things close up after the summer season where you live, I would have thought the rides and shops would have stayed open a bit longer especially since the weather is still nice. We had hot days Friday and Saturday, 99 degrees Friday, 103 yesterday and we don't have air conditioning so it was pretty miserable, but thankfully today it cooled down a bit! Glad Robby came home!! I am sure he enjoyed the long walk you took him on, on Wednesday!