Sunday, May 6, 2012

The nice weather is back…

 A couple weeks ago I went to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned and she told me about this water/air flosser, her husband and the  receptionists husband got one and they love it so I decided to get one. I have never flossed my teeth because it's too hard and frustrating for my caregivers, they are afraid they're going to hurt me. I LOVE this thing in my mouth feels so good after using it. I also got a tongue scraper, I brush my tongue really hard all the time but you would not believe the sludge that comes off with a tongue scraper. The next time I go to get my teeth cleaned she is going to be really surprised. I go every 3 months because of the fact that I don't floss my teeth.

Monday was such a great day. My uncle took Claudia, Karen and I shopping in Los Gatos. Now my uncle's idea of great shopping is the thrift stores and he knows where the best places are. There is this place called Happy Dragon and there is The Cancer Store and they have the greatest finds. I found some dog tennis shoes at the Happy Dragon, well actually my uncle found them, and I noticed Robby was laying his hand on them on the way home… he was probably trying to decide if he should hide them now or later. When I Went to The Checkout The Lady Gave Me 50% off of Everything, It Really Pays To Have a Cute Dog Like Robby By My Side. After That We Went to  Original Joe's For Lunch, They Have Really Awesome Food There. The Portions Are so Big We Split a Cheese Burger And Steak Fries… Man Was a Good. I Came Home And Teresa Was Here Organizing and Cleaning My Bathroom, It Looks so Good And Uncluttered… It Was Really Driving Me Crazy How Cluttered It Was. I Don't Know Why My Voice Type Is Capitalizing Everything And I Don't Know How to Stop It.

‎"One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why." by Unknown Author

Tuesday was such a beautiful day. I live in such a gorgeous place and it feels great to get up and out every day that I can. Since it's the weekday and the boardwalk is closed there were not a lot of people around. We cruised through the lagoon, to the end of the wharf and back, through the boardwalk and back, down to the summer deck that they build by the arcade, to the end of the wharf and back again and then home… neither one of us really wanted to go home. I watch them build the summer deck last weekend and couldn't wait to try it out, it's a beautiful wooden deck and I can get that much closer to the water AND I had it all to myself.

 ‎"Some of our greatest historical and artistic treasures we place with curators in museums; others we take for walks." quoted by - Roger Caras

Wednesday was another beautiful day. I got up and went for an extra long cruise with Robby. A lot of the stuff at the Boardwalk was roped off because they were trying to fix everything up for the grand opening. Most of it is open now and all of it is open on the weekends but presume it's going to be summer vacation and it's going to be open all the time, open and very crowded. We took the long wait through the lagoon, to the end of the wharf and back, to the end of the boardwalk and back and then back towards the wharf and cruised all the way down there and back again. I ran into a gentleman at the end of the wharf and talk to him for a long time, actually he did all the talking but he was very interesting. He was a homeless guy and he had been all over, he was even on the Montel Williams show, I used to watch that show all the time,  I probably saw that episode. We cruised back home, although we didn't want to, and Theresa took us to my appointment at Dr. Hurray's. He said that everything was looking great and it should only be a couple more weeks and my sore will be totally closed up… hallelujah. We came back home and Teresa put me to bed… did I say how much I LOVED my new water/air flosser?? My uncle came over with some popcorn, my uncle makes the best popcorn in the world, and I turned it down. It's crazy but it's true.

Thursday was a nice day only because I got to get out and cruise around with Robby but it was overcast and sprinkled on and off. We actually got to cruise around for several hours so that was nice. I don't know if I'm just getting older but when I 1st moved here I was smiling and saying hello to everyone and now I try to cruise around as fast as I can and hide when I need to lay back for 15 min. I think mostly it's because if I stop and talk to everyone who says hi like I did when I 1st moved here and Robby will get no exercise and I have to keep thinking of excuses to get away from people… maybe it's just because more people in this area recognize us because we are cruising around so much. We came back and hung around for about a half an hour, practice some of our commands and then cruised to the lagoon again. Trees are brought over a Swiss chard, wheat Berry, onion and garlic salad that was KILLER. Before I left on my trip she was bringing over a couple of salads a week, trying a bunch of new salads and it was great. She makes salads for her, her boyfriend, my mom and I so nothing ever goes to waste… when we make a salad here it lasts forever and a lot of it goes bad. Heather came over and cooked a bunch of wonderful stuff, it smelled really good in the kitchen. The bedroom however does not smell very good. Robby has had the worst dog gas I have ever witnessed in my life the last couple of days, I don't know what it's from but he really needs to stop… maybe I need to get him some charcoal?

Friday was just the same old Friday but it looked like it was cold outside so I didn't mind not getting up. By the time Karen was done with my personal care it was 4 PM and time for the next shift to come in, I will get my nice long hot bath in the morning.  Janea came in although her brother is not making any real progress. I think about them all the time and I really hope he gets out of the hospital fast, I'm sure everybody would be a lot more happier if he was home. I know his cats really miss him a lot, they probably don't understand why he's not there. My uncle and aunt came over to play cribbage with my mom and I and brought some killer Bean soup. My aunt was my partner and we played 4 games but only lost a dollar, not bad?

“Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them, filling an emptiness we don’t even know we have.”

Saturday was a great day, the days just get better and better. I got up and Robby and I went for a really really long cruise. I stopped by my uncles to check out their garden and it is just gorgeous. They have 3 big planter boxes  and a bunch of fruits and vegetables planted around them, up Tressel's and along the fences. It really makes me want to get my own planter boxes and start my own garden, I would love to have fresh fruits and vegetables. The wharf and the boardwalk were both really crowded but I guess it's good practice for Robby to leave everyone alone, even though people can't seem to leave Robby alone. We came back and rested and got some water and my mom told me that we were invited to a birthday party across the street for my cousins 2 little girls, my aunt mentioned going over there for dinner tomorrow but I didn't realize it was for the little girls birthdays, we missed the other little girl's birthday a while back. Robby and I took off again to go downtown to look for something to give them for their birthday. My mom wanted me to find a couple of night lights because they love the ones that she has upstairs but I couldn't find any. I went downtown and found a couple of really cool butterfly mobiles and brought them home to wrap them up and my aunt called and said that they were going to postpone it until next Sunday, a week from tomorrow, so I looked on Amazon and found a couple of fiber optic butterfly nightlights. I love cruising around here and everybody is always so nice and friendly and really willing to help. I keep my money in a little wallet in the side of Robby's vest and I'm always afraid to ask somebody to help me but people really are so willing to help, I need to just stop being afraid to ask. I saw a couple of things in the window of one of the shops on the wharf that I would love to have for my porch and I haven't gotten them yet because I'm afraid to ask somebody to help me. I also saw the same thing that bunnies downtown but Robby was knocking everything over, it's really narrow in there, so I just left.


Sunday was a really long personal-care day but at the end of it I got a nice long hot bath, you really can't beat that. I thought about it really hard and just decided not to get up, it's not worth it to get up for a couple of hours… if even that long… before I have to go back to bed. I had a couple of movies that I wanted to watch and I made a list of places to go and things to do when Tom and Kelly come to visit, they will be here in July and I can hardly wait. My mom and I were supposed to go across the street for a barbecue but it got postponed until next weekend. It's a good thing because I am exhausted.

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

That's a cool picture of the moon, Tammie! I think its neat that your uncle's garden is growing so well; nothing tastes better than home grown veggies!! I have trouble asking people for help too, but I have found that people want to help out if at all possible and for the most part are so very friendly and kind. We're having beautiful weather down here too :)