Sunday, March 25, 2012

Home again, home again…

I slept really good last night, after the chills and my body spasming died down… I thought I was just too warm. When Karen got here in the morning she took off my heel lift boots and there was a HUGE blister underneath one of the straps, they were on to tight. Karen came in with a bottle of creamer and said "I'm glad that nobody tried this coffee creamer and thought I was bad and threw it away”. While we were on our road trip the container that my shampoo came in cracked so we put it inside a coffee creamer container. It turned out to be a beautiful day and Robby and I went for a really long cruise through the lagoon, down to the end of the wharf and back and through the boardwalk and back. It looks like they are done with the Marine Sanctuary they are building over by the wharf, they were doing the landscaping and it is done now. It didn't look like it was open and I don't know how much they did on the inside but I remember going to the groundbreaking ceremony. They close off the trail that I used to go through and they tore up the sidewalk in front so it took me a long time to figure out how to get to the wharf, the sidewalk is fixed now and they repaid part of the trail so hopefully it will be opening back up soon. I got back home and Otis was working on the yard, he didn't even realize that I was gone for 5 weeks… it sure is nice to be missed LOL. I came back home and rested for a bit and then when Janea came in I put on my wrist weights and did my exercises, I didn't do them while I was on the road trip and I sure can't tell the difference. I guess typing with my left hand and using the mouse with my right hand is a lot of exercise when you don't sleep very much. Karen told me that something REALLY exciting happened on desperate housewives so to watch the shows that I have TiVoed but I forgot until she reminded me again this morning, I had 5 episodes TiVoed so I started watching them this morning but didn't get to finish them until tonight and wouldn't you know the 4th episode I have TiVoed, the really dramatic episode, was totally blank all the way through… what luck?? Luckily I have Hulu plus and was able to watch the episode I missed.

Tuesday was a very frustrating day, I don't know if it's because I was getting up every day for 5 weeks and I have now been down for 2 days and I have one more to go while they fixed my chair, or just because I am tired. Not much really happened, I ate breakfast, did personal-care and range of motion, I watch TV, I ate dinner… that's about it. I thought that was it. My aunt called to see if we wanted to play cribbage, I'm so glad that she did because I was on my 2nd day in bed and I was going nuts. My aunt was my partner and we kicked butt!

Wednesday was my 3rd and hopefully final day in bed. Daniel came by from ATG rehab and put the motors on my chair, tighten everything up and just basically gave it the once over so I am ready to go. I usually stay in bed on Friday because I get my massage in the morning and then we do personal care and then a nice long hot bath but I hope I still have time to get up after that because Robby and I both need to get out of here. The weather has been cold and miserable but not a lot of rain, I just have to bundle up. I downloaded a couple of movies on pay-per-view that I have been wanting to watch, extremely loud and incredibly close and the descendents… I hope there is good as they look like they are. If I hurry up in order for them before March is over I get $10 back, that's 2 movies so I better get to it.

Thursday was an awesome day. We got everything done and got ready to get dressed and the nurse called and said she was going to come by, I have been trying to get a hold of her since Saturday evening and I'm glad I caught her before she went on vacation. She got me set up with a podiatrist and I have an appointment tomorrow morning at 9 AM, hopefully we can find out what keeps breaking down the skin on the back of my ankle, between my ankle and my heel. I got up and took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon, to the beginning of the wharf where we just sat for a while and watched the ocean, down to the end of the wharf and back… there's usually too many people on the end of the wharf to stop. We also cruise down through the boardwalk and back and then back home, it felt so great to be out and the sun was shining. Teresa came to put me to bed after she finished with school so I got a nice long hot bath before. I bought this new hair care system that I have been saying for years late at night/early in the morning on a infomercial and been wanting to try. I don't usually believe the infomercials but they have a special so I figured why not? It's only the 2nd time that I have tried it and I already love it, after only 2 washings my hair is back to being soft and looking shiny like it was before 5 weeks of, wind, dust, cold and tangles…

‎"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Unknown

Friday I got up early, well I don't usually get up on Fridays, because I have my podiatrist appointment at 9 AM. Everybody there, including the doctor, were awesome. Very knowledgeable and funny. He gave me some antibiotics and gave us a new way to dress the wound and scraped some stuff off of it. He said that my foot drop wasn't as bad as we thought it was, in fact it wasn't bad at all… that's what I was mostly worried about. We change the dressing every morning and I go back to see him on Wednesday. He said that he had 3 labs, he said he had 5 or 6 at one time, he also had a bunch of cats and some other animals… a real zoo sounded like. I came back home and Teresa waxed Karen and I and I took Robby out for a really long cruise, it was kind of cold out but we both needed to go out. My uncle and aunt, Lee and Claudia and my mom and I played cribbage, my mom was my partner and we won every single game, we won $10… I feel like we won the lottery even though we didn't play. I wear a typing implement on my left hand so I can type on the computer, I have a pencil eraser on the end of it so it's not so slippery. After everyone left I could feel my hair tickling my ear so I went to push the hair out of my ear and then itched so I stuck the eraser in my ear and it broke off, just a little piece on the end and it went down deep… I can't believe I did that. I tried to dig it out with my thumb but I couldn't do it so I had to call my mom to come down and get a flashlight and some tweezers and she finally got it out, can you believe that?? Okay most of you who know me might believe that.

Saturday was a nice relaxing day. Teresa was here and we did some personal care and then I got a nice long hot bath, I never get tired of those baths. It was raining in the morning and it was supposed to rain all day, of course it rained until right before Teresa went home. The sun is out and it is beautiful until you open the door and feel the cold wind… I'm glad I'm on the inside looking out. Heather came by and made some fish, I think cod, some spinach, some mustard chicken and some asparagus. I eat so good with Heather around, I don't know what I would do without her. Who gets a chef to cook their meals for them every day, I feel so lucky. I had Teresa checked my ear with that ear flashlight thingy to make sure my mom got all of the eraser out, my ear felt funny but I'm sure it was just the thought of what I did. I was sitting here watching Dr. Phil and I heard Robby starts heaving so I called my mom and she came down and sure enough Robby got sick all over the floor, I always feel so bad for him because he's sick and I don't know what it is and he looks like he's going to get in trouble for getting sick, is this normal? My mom cleaned it up and looked like it was pretty much all of his food and I don't dare feed him again so the poor guy has to wait until tomorrow morning. I hope he feels better now. Of course if he doesn't I can't really take him to the vet until Monday. My poor handsome guy…

Sunday was just a really long off day. Susan came over and gave me a massage because I missed Friday, it had been 6 weeks and she said my neck, arms and shoulders had a lot of knots. I'm going to have her come twice next week to see if we can get them under control, my upper body is so sore. I got up about noon and decided to take Robby for really long cruise but it seemed like everywhere we went there was way too many people around, it was a beautiful day and I think everybody decided to come to Santa Cruz so I got frustrated after we cruised through the lagoon, to the end of the wharf and back and through the boardwalk and back so I just came home. I even looked downtown and it looked like it was crowded to.

No comments: