Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Will I ever get out of this bed...

Monday was such a great day. It started out kind of sad because Kelly took Bailey to the vet and found out that he had a heart murmur and bladder stones, she was so sad I wanted to cry with her. We decided to go ahead and go to the Monterey Bay aquarium, we wanted to go there all summer. Before we went into the aquarium we found a restaurant on the Bay simply called C and decided to give it a try, there are restaurants inside the aquarium but the restaurant was so beautiful and had such a great view that we decided to go in and try. It’s a good thing we did because the food was AWESOME, Kelly as a chef and she was very impressed and that says a lot to me. We sat down and looked out the window and watched a couple of otters playing in the water. They brought us some herb bread with goat cheese butter and olive oil drizzled on top, so good. We started with a crab cake with balsamic onions beets white truffle vinaigrette. I had rock shrimp, artichoke, spinach, goat cheese and crispy potatoes and Kelly had local smoked sardines, sundried tomatoes and toasted bread crumbs. That right there made the trip worthwhile, although it only took about 50 minutes to get there so we will definitely go back next year... at least once. We went to the aquarium and did the full loop and took lots of pictures. We went shopping at a little place called “after the quake” and got some really cute stuff. I got a couple of Christmas ornaments, one a really cool angel made out of shells and the other was a starfish with sunglasses, a little bikini... the top of the bikini was made out of shells, some big sunglasses and a surfboard. I also got some seahorse earrings and a matching necklace for my mom and got blown wine bottle collapsed and fold it in half with a Tuscany picture on the front, it looks perfect in my kitchen. It started to rain on the way back so we stopped and got a soy mocha and waited for the rain to die down. On the way back a friend of mine text me and said that there was a bus accident in Marina and would probably slow us way down, there’s really only one way to get from there to here but it was definitely all worth it.

Tuesday was really sad because Kelly was leaving. My mom woke up with a flooded bathroom so we called out the plumber, that was expensive but everything is working now. We visited for most of the day and then Kelly left, very sad. The time usually does go by very fast and her and Tom will be back before we know it, probably around June.

Wednesday my personal care took a long time so I just took a hot bath and went back to bed. I wouldn’t have been able to get up anyway because my wheelchair was in getting a tune up. I wanted to make sure that everything was tightened up and the legs were going to fall off while I was out and about by myself. Teresa brought some boneless wings from wing stop and some french fries, they were really good. Teresa and Karen started decorating for Halloween, I can’t wait to get up tomorrow to see what they did.

Thursday I was so excited to get up and be able to get outside. Unfortunately it rained practically all day. I saw the sun come out so Robby and I made a break for it and went for a cruise, after a while it started raining so we came home. A couple hours later the sun peeked out again so we once again made a break for it. While cruising we found a really cool stick with a bunch of Moss on it, I’m into collecting cool sticks for my air plant terrariums. It was really wet and Robby didn’t like the feel of it in his mouth, I have to have him pick them up and put them on my lap, so he tried to scrape off the moss. He finally got it in my lap and it was soggy and gross but we made it home with a perfect stick. We went out for another cruise and then came home and watched Teresa and Karen decorates the more for Halloween, my house looks so awesome.

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them,
Filling an emptiness we don't even know we have." ~ Thom Jones

Friday I got my massage and decided to stay in bed for another day, my pressure sores are getting better but it just takes time and it’s very boring staying in bed all the time. Of course the weather is beautiful outside today.

Saturday was another day stuck in bed. To me the pressure sore doesn’t look that bad and I usually heal very quickly but I have to remember that I’m getting older and skinnier so I just have to treat it like it’s really bad.

Sunday I stayed in bed again and Karen called in sick so Teresa came in to take care of me. Dr. Owens came over to look at it today, and brought the puppies to play, and said that Theresa was doing the right thing and that she would have home health care come out and look at it tomorrow. Thank God I have Teresa and Dr. Owens. It looks like I’m going to be stuck in bed, on my side for a while. Lots of protein and good thoughts.

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

You always find the best places to eat Tammie! I bet the aquarium was fun to explore too! Sorry you are stuck in your bed so much though; I know it has to be tiring to do so; you can only watch so much TV/movies.