Monday, October 31, 2011

I'm out of here...

Monday turned out to be a pretty good day. I flipped from side to side until the nurse got here at 3 PM. She said I looked great and I could start getting up on Wednesday for a couple of hours, I was so excited until I got a call reminding me that Dr. Owens is coming over on Wednesday for a home visit. I think I’m going to try to get out for a couple of hours today at lease to run Robby, that is what I miss the most. My brother David e-mailed me and said that him and his son were going to come and visit November 6th, I’m really going to try to be a more while they’re here. My new mattress is on his way, it should be just a couple of days. What a great day!

Tuesday was a day that I have been waiting for for three weeks, my first day up and out of this bed. It was only for two hours but it was great to be out. I cruised over to the boardwalk, which was almost totally empty, and just sat there and stared at the ocean, it was so beautiful. It got to be a little cold so I taxed Teresa, who was here, and asked her if she wanted to go somewhere and get something to eat. Unfortunately she was cooking bacon so I headed home. When I got to the war the right leg of my chair popped off, luckily Teresa duct taped it so it didn’t fall completely off. I came back home slowly watching my leg so it didn’t come completely off. Well, almost a perfect day. I turned on the headlight on my chair because it was getting dark and as I came up the driveway the lights on the van started blinking, at first I thought Teresa was in it because I text her to tell her I was limping home but then I saw her in the kitchen. What a cool feature on the van. Hopefully ATG will have my parts in and I can go back out on Saturday. At least I got some bacon when I came back home.

Wednesday was just a really anxiety filled day for me, I don’t know why. It seemed like my body was twitching all day and I felt like I was going to jump out of my skin. Of course I ran out of my anxiety pills and I was afraid to call them in for a refill because I have been using them a lot and I didn’t want my doctor to think I was getting addicted or anything. I remember when I was in Seton I took one every day and that was for three months, this has only been three weeks, and I never got addicted. My doctor is coming to see me today so hopefully she can see that I’m not addicted to anything.

Thursday turned out to be a pretty good day. I didn’t plan on getting up but Friday night Teresa said she would be here at 1:30 PM so I could get up at 11 a.m. and she will put me back to bed before the visiting nurse got here. It was such a beautiful day outside so Robby and I cruised through the lagoon, down to the end of the wharf, through the vacant boardwalk, back to the end of the wharf and then back home. I stopped a bunch of times just to look, I have forgotten how beautiful everything in Santa Cruz is. It felt really great to be out again and I can’t wait until I don’t have to come back home until it’s time to go to bed. The visiting nurse came in and said that everything looked great and I can get up every day now for a couple of hours.

Friday was a really long and boring day. The newest girl came in the morning so I didn’t even get to turn all day until Teresa got here at 5 PM, by then I was so bored and going crazy. Teresa turned me for a while but then had to put me back on my back because it was cribbage night. Lee and Claudia, my aunt and uncle and my mom and I played and I lost three dollars. I couldn’t keep my eyes open so we quit after three games. Teresa brought Halloween cookies and they were pretty good. The good news is everything is looking great and I get to get up for a couple of hours tomorrow, the weather is supposed to be beautiful but Santa Cruz is probably going to be crowded. I can’t wait to get up and out of here.

Saturday I had planned on getting out but after doing the morning care I was so exhausted I just wanted to take a nice long hot bath and go back to bed. My neighbors were having a Halloween party, they always have the best parties, and I was really looking forward to going but I ended up doing nothing.

Sunday I really did too much and wore myself out. After I got dressed I ran Robby downtown and met Teresa for shopping, I needed some new slippers because everybody is getting tired of looking at the same ones I wear every day... I was told this. Then Robby and I ran down and met Teresa at the Halloween store to see what they had, they didn’t have much. Robby and I then met her at Ross and we found some more slippers. We were supposed to go to Trader Joe’s and CVS but I was exhausted and still needed to drive my chair back home, I don’t know how I did it but I did it. I ended up staying up two hours longer than I had intended and although I had a great time I really need to stick more to the schedule. It was an awesome day.

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

Glad you were able to get out and about for a bit, Tammie! I'm sure you were going stir crazy before! Hope you had a nice Halloween and got lots of trick or treaters!