Sunday, June 26, 2011

Lots of family and the surprise 50th birthday party...











Monday was a beautiful day. I got up and took Robby on our very long ritual cruise. I stopped along the way at almost every souvenir shop to see if I could find something to put up on my back porch, I decided I wanted to go with the nautical theme. I found a fishing net and I already have a bunch of shells, starfish and sat dollars to hang on it. I found some outdoor metal wall decor that looks really cool. I found a mermaid, some fish and shells... I found a bunch of stuff I just have to figure out what I want to do. I came back and worked with Robby for a while although he was really being a butt head and didn’t want to listen to me. When I ask them to do something and he’s in a silly mood he will lie on his back and roll around, stretch for scratch himself.

Tuesday was really frustrating and I ended up staying in bed again. Personal care took a long time and then it got to be too late to get up. The ladies were coming to clean the house at 11 a.m. and my dentist appointment was at noon... needless to say I missed my dentist appointment. Heather came by and cooked a really nice dinner for Teresa and I and Teresa and Jess got me a big copper tree for my front porch, it is awesome. The last time we went to Costco I was saying how much I liked it and wanted to get it and of course we conveniently forgot it so they went back and got it for me for my birthday.

Wednesday my personal care once again took a long time and maybe feel miserable so I missed an eye appointment that I had made at Cosco. My new caregivers fiancĂ© works for an alarm company so he came out to look at my monitor and see about moving one of my surveillance cameras, the cameras in the back and there’s really no reason for one there so I would like it moved to show down the driveway. Dave and Desiree got here Wednesday afternoon to stay for a couple of days, it always goes by way too fast.

Thursday kelly came to stay for a while. We all went out to the ideal restaurant because of the third Thursday of every month everybody with a birthday that month get a free prime rib dinner. Nine of us went, three with a birthday that month. I cruised down there and met everyone so that little early because it was getting cold. Stanley, Janet and Corinne were here when we got back. I also found out that my uncle Ronnie, aunt Patty, their son Shawn and his girlfriend were coming to visit also. We were planning on having a family reunion around this time of year so I didn’t think too much about it although I did cancel it.

Friday I wasn’t going to have Susan coming at me a massage because my family was here but I was just so sore. I wanted to get up a little late because I was going to be up late at night, the first free concert on the beach was starship. After I got my massage I had a really nice surprise, my cousin Kevin came from San Diego to stay for the weekend. I haven’t seen him for years. Most of us ended up calling to the concert and they put on a great show. It is so awesome when all my family can be here.

Wow Saturday... I knew that there was a lot of family from all over the place gathering at our house is and it was awesome but I never even thought that they were there for a surprise 50th birthday party for me, I don’t know how I didn’t even think about it. Everybody decided to have a barbecue at Oak Meadow Park because that’s where we always got together when family was around. Teresa and Karen gave me a ride in my new van and while they were parking it I followed Corinne and Lexi through the park. I looked up and saw my mom so I knew we were getting closer and then I heard a voice say “are you even going to look up?” I looked up and saw Angie and then I started looking around and seeing all these other people and I can’t remember if they all yelled surprise or not but I definitely was. There was people from fifth grade, eighth grade, people I had worked with... I was just so overwhelmed. It was a really great birthday party. Apparently my brothers had been putting this together for a long time, I don’t know how they kept it from me but what a great job they did. I spent the whole afternoon chatting with people I had not chatted with for a long time and people that I have. I usually don’t like to be the center of attention but I was really grateful for all these people that came to celebrate my 50th birthday with me, I won’t forget that for a very long time.

Sunday everybody got up and had breakfast and just visited for a while, it was really nice. Pretty much everybody had to go back home on Sunday but it was sure nice seeing everybody. My uncle Ronnie was going to stay for a week and Kelly is going to stay for a couple of months, her husband Tom is going to come and stay for a while also... and of course Bailey.

2 comments:

betty said...

happy belated birthday Tammie! What a nice surprise for you to have that party! I bet it was fun to catch up with friends and family!!!

glad too you enjoyed the concert! I bet Starship would have put on a good one!

betty

longdegg said...

Your blog is very interesting! christianlouboutinchristian louboutin-pumps Herve Leger Dresschristian louboutin uk Longines Longines Watch Rolex Watch Omega Watchyou like it? Get a girlfriend, she'll love,This is my blog, exchange links with us to make friends http://www.christianlouboutines.co.uk/