Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My new van...






Monday I got to sleep in until 10 AM, I love it when I can sleep in. Daniel was coming to change my tires, check the shocks and replace the headrest on my chair at 1 PM so really wasn’t worth getting up. I did get to take a nice long hot bath and go back to bed. By the time Karen left the day was almost over so I watched some TiVoed programs and just relaxed. It’s nice to have new tires and know that my shocks are okay. It looks nice outside but really windy, it’s supposed to be like us again tomorrow and then rain on Wednesday, I hope the weather person is wrong about Wednesday. Today went by really fast and I have a feeling it’s going to be a very long night, it’s already 10 PM and I’m not even tired.

Tuesday is hopefully the beginning of beautiful weather, except it’s supposed to rain tomorrow... but after that. I got to sleep in a little bit and then I got up around noon. I took Robby for a cruise down to the wharf and to the boardwalk and then met Teresa downtown for some shopping, LOVE shopping. We got something for Karen for her graduation and looked at a lot of shoes, Teresa got a really nice pair of shoes for a wedding that she is going to. We went to the Tiki room and had some killer calamari and we split a burger with bacon, avocado, pickles and pineapple, the best burger in the world. We also had sweet potato fries. They have a horseradish and ginger sauce that is AWESOME. Our new favorite place to go on Tuesdays... Tiki Tuesday.

Wednesday was another long personal-care day, I’m getting really tired of them. I hope the doctors can figure out what’s wrong. I should have went to my spinal cord injury doctor here but I didn’t, I guess I’ll go see her now and she will probably be able to tell me what is wrong right away. I got a nice long hot bath and went back to bed just in time for the afternoon girl, Cassy, to show up. She fed Robby and then did some grocery shopping for me. I finally got those potstickers I have been craving.

Thursday was a really great day. I got up and got dressed and cruised over to the wharf and the boardwalk while Teresa was interviewing cleaning companies, Teresa and Karen clean my house right now but they are both getting way too busy so we decided to try to find a company to do it. The company that she interviewed was VERY expensive and they don’t do Windows or clean the birds cages. I called another company and they were going to come out today but she got really busy so she’s going to come out on Saturday, when I explained everything to her over the phone she sounded like she would be a lot more inexpensive. Jerry, a friend of mine that was my neighbor when I lived in San Jose, came by today and I’m glad I was home. I had just gotten back from taking Robby on a cruise. We talked for a long time and caught up, it was really great to see him. I took Robby for another cruise, our usual cruise and then came back and rested for a while. Karen came and put me to bed, Robby is sleeping like a puppy.

Friday I got a nice long massage, she straightened out some vertebrae’s in my neck because it was hurting really bad. After she finished it felt so good. Personal care took a really long time again and made me feel miserable so I just took the nice long hot bath and went back to bed, by the time I got back to bed the day was already three quarters of the way over. My mom went to spend the night in Modesto to see my niece graduate, I wish I could have gone. My uncle and my aunt came over to play cribbage, I didn’t start out very well but I only lost a dollar so that’s pretty good.

Saturday the weather was supposed to be a lot nicer than it was. I had another housekeeping company come over to make a bid on my house, they are so expensive. She said that she would work something out with me but I left so that the lady that cleans my house can talk to her and tell her what I need, I didn’t want to keep butting in because sometimes I just can’t keep my mouth shut. I cruised through the lagoon and up to Bay/California Street to look at your sales, they have a lot of them on the weekend. Cassy text me and said that she was out of school early so I was going to meet her at the crape place for lunch. We cruised down to the wharf and through the boardwalk, it was so busy now that it’s open daily, down the reservoir and to Ross. I went through town and then met Cassy and had a crab and avocado crape, it was so good. On the way back it started sprinkling a little bit but in the sun was out by the time I got home. Cassy met me here and put me to bed. Cassy and her family are almost all moved in across the street, it’s good to have them back.

Sunday we were going to get a puppy is together again for a play date but the weather was so nice and Dr. Owens and her family decided to go hiking, I saw the pictures on face book and it looked gorgeous. It’s a good thing because my evening caregiver wasn’t feeling well and said she wasn’t going to be able to make. I slept a lot of the day which felt really great. My van finally arrived about 8 PM and everybody was saying how huge it was, kind of nervous but I will find out in the morning. The lady that drove the van here stayed the night and is going to show everybody everything about it this morning. Gabe is going to be here to check everything out since he is the one that is going to be taking care of it for me, Gabe is awesome. I thought I was going to have a hard time sleeping since I slept all day but I slept really good.

1 comment:

betty said...

yea you got your new van, Tammie! I hope you have had a chance to try it out and are getting used to it!! you always eat at the best places! I get hungry reading what you guys have! good luck finding a cleaning company. you would think it would be less expensive than it is. I wonder if you looked in the local paper if you could find someone that cleans that isn't part of a company and hire them. I know my mom used to clean houses when I was growing up and she didn't charge an arm or a leg. However, I know every time we move and I get someone in to do that cleaning, it is soooo expensive!

our weather is pretty nice here but we did have the rain Sunday. it is that usual June gloom, you know what I'm talking about :)

have a good day!

betty