Sunday, April 17, 2011

Such beautiful weather...

Monday was a really awesome day. I took off with Robby and we went all the way down to natural Bridges Beach, about 7 miles, and back. We went down through the wharf and through the boardwalk but had to come home because it was 3 PM, time for Robby and I to eat. Heather was here so she fed both of us and then we were on our way again cruising through the lagoon and back down to the wharf. There was a brown and white puppy running around all over and I was so afraid that he was going to get hit. He did come up and sniff Robby and a gentleman on a bike tried to grab him but he was just too timid and ran away. He had a collar on so I hope that somebody got him before he got run over. I saw a guy who was putting flowers at the memorial site for sky and Patrick and started talking to him. I asked him who the flowers were for and he sent for everyone but especially his son sky, I told him that Patrick was my cousin and we talked for a couple of minutes. I told him that my uncle showed me his yard and how beautiful all the flowers were, he keeps the flowers growing for Patrick and skies Memorial. He said they were like firk and Frak. I also ran into Robby’s veterinarian, Dr. Dave. I seem to run into him all over the place, he is such a neat guy. I ran into my neighbor clear down on Westcliff Drive and talk to him for a few minutes also, he is always so sweet and makes me smile. As I was cruising around the wharf I walked by a lady and she said “you are all over the place today” she didn’t look familiar but I’m sure I saw her somewhere along Westcliff. I wanted to make sure that Robby got plenty of exercise because tomorrow I’m going to be stuck in bed. Robby seems to be exhausted, I know my arms are exhausted but that’s good. I can’t wait until we can start running around like that all the time.

‎"If you can look at a dog and not feel vicarious excitement and affection, you must be a cat."
- Unknown

Tuesday’s and Thursdays are going to suck for a while, I have no morning caregiver until May 11th. When the weather is cold I don’t mind staying in bed all day but when the weather’s nice I would much rather be outside cruising around. I guess I should be grateful that I don’t have to try to find a new temporary caregiver, I’d almost rather stay in bed than go through that. There is a couple of really good movies on pay-per-view so that always makes the day go by faster. I do get to look forward to a nice dinner and a nice long hot bath. I was having a bad day when Heather showed up and made...pan fried tilapia with arugula and Parmesan stuffed tortellini with artichokes, asparagus and tomato basil pesto. It was AWESOME and I ate it all!! Teresa came by and gave me a really nice long hot bath and now I’m in bed watching Tangled and I feel so warm and cozy.

Wednesday looked like it was going to be a really good day and then it started raining. The sun will come out for a couple of minutes and then when I decided to take Robby for a cruise it would start raining, we did get in about an hour before Cassy came to take us shopping. We went grocery shopping at Safeway and then to the mall to look around for a while and get some plant pulleys for my hanging plants on the front and back porch. I came back and my mom was making banana avocado bread and my uncle was making chili. I didn’t get to try the chilly yet but avocado banana bread was awesome. We played cards last night with Lee and Claudia and my aunt and uncle and everybody enjoyed it. The last game we decided to play for two dollars and we got skunked so it cost me four dollars for one game BUT we had fun and it was good company.

Thursday I was stuck in bed again and of course it looks like it’s going to be a beautiful day. It looks like at least on Tuesdays I won’t be stuck in bed all day because treason is going to come and try to get me up, she has an hour and a half between classes. I think I would go crazy without her.

Friday I had an appointment at Seton in Daly city to find out why I’m having stomach problems. The doctor thumped on my belly a couple of times and said “yes you have a problem” he put me on an elimination diet and then I go back in June on Monday for an x-ray and then I have to take this weird little pill and then go back again on Friday to see where all the little particles in the pill are having problems getting through. the first thing I had to cut out is all dairy, that won’t be too hard for me because I don’t eat that much except cheese and butter. And then beans and peas and then fruit... it probably would have been a lot easier if you gave me a last what I CAN eat. If it works it will definitely be worth it. After the doctor’s appointment Teresa and I went to Olive Garden for lunch, it was awesome and we ate too much. I had the little pastries stuffed with cheese and herbs with beef and she had the same only with chicken. I also had sausage and potato soup that was Keller. I have been craving that place for a while and it didn’t let me down, I can’t wait until my next visit. I tried to find Dr. Crew, he was my wound care doctor in January 2010 and after my flap surgery he came to visit me every day in the hospital, he is so sweet. I’m really not sure that he would remember me but it still would be nice to see him, I’ll try again next time. Before we went to Daly city Robby and I got to take a cruise to the wharf and back and after we came back we went down to the boardwalk, down the reservoir to pet Smart and then back through town just in time for Cassy to put me to bed. Lee and Claudia, uncle Dick and aunt Kathy and my mom and I played cribbage. Not ready to talk about the outcome yet...

Saturday was a gorgeous day, it got up to 70°. I started my day off with a massage and then after I got up I went to our monthly support group. There were six people there and the guy who started the face of the page, Ricardo, showed everybody how to maneuver around face book, I thought I knew a lot about it but I really learned a lot. He changed the name and the people that you did it more than doubled. It’s getting to be pretty popular not only around here but also oversees. He changed the name to neuro disability newsfeed. I get more and more excited about the support group and everything that’s going on with it every month, the people are just amazing. When I came back from the support group Melissa was painting my windows for spring, we decided not to do Easter because then I can keep it up longer. I was supposed to start eating five meals a day today but it didn’t happen. I had a protein drink this morning and then forgot to eat again before Karen left, by the time I got back home it was almost 4 o’clock so we began after Cassy put me to bed. Tomorrow I swear I’m going to do better.

Sunday was another long, exhausting morning so I just decided to take a bath and go back to bed, I hope I’m not going to be sorry because it’s supposed to rain tomorrow. I’m trying to figure out how I’m going to eat five or six smaller meals every day. I think I’ve pretty much have it figured out, I hope it works. I was going to relax and watch a couple of movies but I fell asleep most of the day so now that I’m wide awake I’ll give the movies a try.

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

that banana avocado bread sure seemed interesting Tammie. I wouldn't have put those two ingredients together in a recipe, but it does sound good!

I hope they get to the bottom of what is going on with your stomach issues