Sunday, April 10, 2011

Nice weather and great family...

Monday was another bad day stuck in bed, I can’t wait for my doctors appointment on the 15th and I hope they can find out what is wrong with me... really tired of this. I called Hill wrong to see if they could come out and take a look at my bed, the function lights on the side rail keep locking up and sometimes they just don’t work. I had the guy come out once before and he showed me how to unlock it but it just keeps happening and now the only way I can get them all to unlock is to unplug it and plug it back in and now only works for a while. I kind of hope they don’t come out today because I would rather not be in my bed when they’re looking at it but I’m glad to see them whenever they get here.

‎"I have found that when you are deeply troubled there are things you get from the silent devoted companionship of a dog that you can get from no other source." 
--Doris Day

Tuesday was an absolutely beautiful day and it was so nice to be able to get up and get out. Teresa took Robby over to Westside animal Hospital to get a bath and I went over to him waves and curls in sunshine Villa to get my hair dyed, manicure and pedicure. Teresa and I went to try a new Chinese food place and it was pretty good. The Thai place we usually go to wasn’t open and it was right across the parking lot so we decided to give it a try. After we got back Teresa waxed my face and then she put me to bed, it was a really long day for her. While Robby and I were at the spa she washed the winter comforter and curtains in the spare bedroom and got out the summer set. Teresa is awesome, I really don’t know what I would do without her.

Wednesday started out to be a really good day. Robby and I took off for our regular cruise and the sun was shining. I got down to cost plus and found a couple more things that I needed for Easter. While I was there I ran into a gentleman whose wife was on the last stages of the interview to get a canine companion for independence dog, they had waited about a year and were very excited. I hope I run into them again after they get their dog. On the way out I ran into Foster, he founded an organization here in Santa Cruz called shared adventures. They are always doing something. Last year I met him at one of the concert on the beach and got to talk to him for a little bit before the concert, she is very sweet man. The next time I ran into him was almost literally, I was late for a movie and I needed to take my dog to relieve himself and I was just going to fast. I apologized and then hurried on my way. When I ran into him today at cost plus I talked to him for a little while and then came back home. Cassy came by and took Robby and I to the dog park in Scotts Valley. When we got there there was about 10 dogs there, Robby and I were so excited. Immediately this big brown boxer came over and kept trying to mount Robby. It was so annoying and the owner did nothing to control his dog, he looked like he thought he was a big macho guy and was probably proud of his dog... I should’ve told him that Robby was a guy? Finally it got to the point where Robby was growling and barked at him so we had to leave, Robby is not supposed to do that. I was so angry that we had to leave because of this one stupid guy and his dog, out of all the 10 dogs in the park Robby was the only one his dog was annoying. You just ruined the whole rest of my day. I came home and went to bed and had dinner. It’s amazing how just one thing like that can ruin your whole day. I kind of wish now that I would have said something but it look like the same group that was there probably every day, they all seem to know each other, and they probably would have just laughed at me anyway. Next time we are going to bring a squirt bottle.

Thursday turned out to be a really good day even though it was raining on and off. Teresa and I went to lunch at Ristorante Italiano, one of our very favorite places to go and we are never disappointed. We got fried calamari and fried shrimp, garlic bread and we both ordered spaghetti with seafood, I got scallops and Teresa got shrimp. Needless to say it was awesome. I Got a coupon from goupons. We went to the nursery to get a couple of Easter plans and ended up also getting a couple of parrots beak plants, I just love the way they look. I hope this time I can keep them alive, I just have to remember to have somebody warn them of a lot. We were going to go to Costco but we were afraid it would start pouring down rain as soon as we got out so we decided to go on Saturday instead, the weather is supposed to be nicer. We are both really tired and full, it was so good and we ate way too much. We just came home and Theresa put me to bed and we watched the dog whisperer for awhile. I watched the doctors TV show and last week they had a episode on knuckle replacement for arthritis. My uncle has arthritis really bad in his hands and he has tried everything so he was really thrilled when I showed him the episode, I really hope that it helps him.

Friday was a great day although the weather was not very nice. After I got up I started to take Robby for a cruise but when I got outside big chunks of ice were falling from the sky, not hard like hail but really soft chunks so we came back inside and waited for it to stop. After it stopped I met Teresa at the taco bar downtown and we had a couple of tacos and wait to see the new movie Arthur, it was really funny and we both enjoyed it but not nearly as funny as the original. We stopped in a couple of stores to look at shoes and then came home and Teresa put me to bed. Before we turned off my cell phone my niece Corinne text me and said that her and her dad are coming to visit tomorrow, hopefully we can go have Spam sushi.

"If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons." - James Thurber

Saturday was a beautiful day but it was really windy. Robby and I took off and we got about halfway down the wharf and the wind was getting colder so we decided not to go any further. We cruised through the boardwalk but it was so crowded it was really hard to get through so we turned around and came around the outside. We cruised along San Lorenzo reservoir to Ross and then back home through town. When we got back my brother Stanley, Janet and Corinne were here, they came down for the weekend. We went to have dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant, Robby and I met them up there. I had the Carnitas plate, usually enough food for at least two meals. We came back and after I got into bed we all played cards with my uncle and aunt, I actually won several games.

Sunday after I got up we all went out to breakfast and then Janet, Corinne and I went shopping at the Capitola Mall for a dress for Corinne’s dance. She found two really adorable dresses so her mother got them both for her, she looks so cute and both of them. We went to Ross and looked around for a while and Robby and I cruised home along the reservoir while they drove the van back. Teresa came to put me to bed and we had pizza, what a great day. My brother and my family went home and now I’m just sitting here trying to get warm.

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

that is a shame, Tammie, that you and Robby had such a bad experience at the park with the Boxer and the guy who wouldn't control his dog; that is the worst of it that he didn't take responsibility for the behavior of his dog! Koda doesn't like Boxers since one a few years ago tried to attack him so he sympathizes with Robby!

I hope to see Arthur sometime soon; thanks for your review about it