Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl weekend...

Monday once again I ended up staying in bed. I wanted to finish installing my backup home automation computer but unfortunately I ran into a problem and my brother was busy when I tried to call him. It was a nice relaxing day and the rest of the week is going to be busy so I enjoyed it. Heather came over and brought me this killer Southwest wrap, it was so delicious. My uncle and aunt came over in the evening to play cribbage, I love playing cribbage... especially when we win. My uncle was my partner and we won four games but lost the last one, sure feels good to win.

Tuesday I was supposed to get a manicure, pedicure and hopefully my haircut but instead I ended up staying in bed AGAIN. We didn’t even get to finish the personal care and my morning attendant told me that she needed to leave at 10:30 AM. She said that it might be a good idea to find somebody else to do Tuesdays and Thursdays mornings until the end of March because she would have to leave at 10:30 AM. I messaged Kimberly to see if she would be interested but I don’t think she really wants to do caregiving and she is much too busy so we will see what happens, I figure it can’t hurt to ask. My mom and I watched Nanny McPhee returns, kind of a cute movie.

Wednesday a guy I met at the support group Christmas party came over to check out my house. This is actually his second spinal cord injury, the first one left him a paraplegic and a second on left him a quadriplegic. He is such a nice guy and he has such a great and caring family, they own a restaurant in Capitola. His mom brought the best guacamole I have ever had to the support group Christmas party. He is interested in the home automation system my brother set up for me, I really hope it works out for him. It sounds like his house is pretty small so he doesn’t have a lot of room for anything else but the lift system might be good for him. He put in a roll in the shower but he doesn’t have enough room to turn his shower chair around so I told him that the ceiling lift system might be good for him, I hope it works out for him.

Thursday I took Robby for really long cruise around the boardwalk and back, he just looks so happy when we go for a cruise. After that Teresa and I went out to lunch at Ristorante Italiano. We sat outside and was really a beautiful day. We had calamari and popcorn shrimp which were really large shrimp and it was awesome. I had veal Parmesan and vegetables and Teresa had an egg plant and spinach cannelloni with vegetables, we were both very happy with what we got.

Friday I wasn’t able to make it to Santa Cruz skilled nursing facility so Cassady took Robby. My morning caregiver slept in late. After Cassy came back I took Robby for a really long walk and then we did the standing frame and then I went to bed. Cassy got me addicted to a series called Friday night lights so I have been watching that a lot on Netflix.

Saturday the morning care to go long time and I needed to take a bath after that so I just stayed in bed again, I’m starting to feel guilty about staying in bed so much but it’s only because the people around me... it felt great for me to relax and just watch movies.

Sunday Dr. Owens was busy so I took Robby on a really long cruise past the lighthouse on Westcliff Drive. I thought I was going to be really hot but it was really nice and although there was a lot of people it was a great outing. I came back and Cassy put me to bed, it is Super Bowl weekend and she has a party to go to with her family... I myself will not be watching the Super Bowl.

No comments: