Sunday, May 30, 2010

Good days and bad days...

Today has just been a really bad day. It started off at 2 AM this morning I woke up and I was burning up. I have an electric throw around my shoulders and one across my legs so I don’t have to turn the heat way up in my room. My brother rigged to outlets in my room that I can turn on and off with the computer but the blankets were plugged into the wrong outlet so I could not turn them off. I turned the air conditioner way up to 66° but that did not help. A friend of mine was also on face book at 3 AM and she was sad because she had just lost a friend to cancer. While Robby and I were cruising along the cliffs to dogs lunged at him, one of them made him jump in front of me and I ran over his back foot. The owner of the dog just kept saying “I’m so sorry” over and over... I don’t really know what to say to that so I just ignored her, check out Robby and went on my way. Why do people take their dogs on the cliffs or out in public if they are aggressive?? While we were cruising along I ran into one of my neighbors who works for Santa Cruz Parks and Recreation. There was a bunch of people around looking over the cliffs so I asked him if they were having a party and he said “no a funeral”, I feel really stupid and just kept on going.

Today I took Robby to Santa Rosa to get him re-certified. I have been so nervous for the last couple of days just hoping that he would pass. He has a problem with people and animals coming up to him. Most of the time they are already on him before I notice and then I feel bad telling people to leave him alone, I need to get over that and just do what I’m supposed to do. We got there a little bit early and although I was so nervous I forgot to introduce my aunt, who drove me there, it was so great to see Andrea, she was one of the trainers at team training. She met us at target and had us do a couple of commands. Sit and down he did really good at but when she dropped food he kept jumping at her, he wasn’t interested in the food at all but he was just so glad to see her. I dropped some keys on the ground and he retrieved them just like a pro. She walked over and around him and although he jumped a little bit he did really good with that one also. she watched me load him into the van, he did perfect. When we got back to CCI she had me have him jump on the counter and he did a great job with that one also, usually he will try to jump on my lap. I was thinking about it on the way home and I have them pick some stuff up off the ground that I think when he has something in his mouth he wants to put it in my lap instead of jump on the counter and hand it to somebody else, we’re going to have to work on that. She said that he did a really good job and he passed for another year but I need to work on him not leaping at people. After we got back to CCI and we were chatting with James, who trained Robby and kept him during the night while I was in the hospital, Lauren, who kept him during the day, and Meredith came to say hello... it was really great to see them all. We had dinner in Santa Rosa and came home, it was a really great day.
On the way there we talked about getting me a new van. my van has been a really good van but it is a 2000 and it is so low that every time we go over a driveway and scrapes on the bottom, so much so that the door does not close all the way anymore and it’s always a gamble whether the battery is going to be dead or not on the days that I use it. For a while I thought about just keeping this one because I really don’t use it that much, everywhere that I go in Santa Cruz I can just cruise there by myself but there are a lot of times that it would be nice to have a reliable van.

Friday we went to see La Mission. It’s playing at a really small independent theater and it was a really good movie. Benjamin Pratt is in it and when it first came out he came here to Santa Cruz to premiere of the movie and hold a question and answer session after and I really wanted to go but I had a lot of family here. Last night my nephews from Modesto, Robert and David, showed up in the evening to spend the night... what a really nice surprise. They went to a concert at the Santa Cruz Civic Auditorium and had a really good time. They went out to breakfast with my mom and then had to get back home.

Robby and I went to our Sunday puppy play date and Robby, as always, had so much fun. It’s only for an hour but they are exhausted by the end of the hour. I was going to cruise down along the cliffs but there was too many people so we cruised down by the boardwalk and ended up just coming home because the place was packed, it’s a good thing we didn’t drive anywhere today because I would’ve taken forever.

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

glad Robby got re-certified for a year, Tammie; sounds like he is doing good working with you. I'm sure in the next year he will even mature more and be able to do everything he is supposed to do and not leep onto people. I think if people have aggressive dogs, they need to realize that and keep away from other dogs if at all possible. Koda doesn't like other dogs so when we see one coming, we always cross the street if possible or get as much out of the way. Sometimes I say the wrong things too, you never know what is going on if you ask, and I'm sure when you asked about the party, I'm sure you weren't disrespectful but just curious.

I hope you have a nice Memorial Day