Saturday, August 29, 2009

Not back in the saddle again...

An 82-year-old friend of the family got mugged a couple of weeks ago and I am so excited to say that they caught the guy. Think goodness he confessed so that Helen does not have to go through a trial. Apparently he has had a drug problem for a while and hopefully he gets what he deserves and get off drugs.

The last couple of weeks have been pretty boring because for most of it I have been stuck in bed. Last Monday I had an appointment with my primary care doctor and an appointment with my rehab doctor on Thursday. I got a blood test for menopause and to see how severe my colitis is. On Monday I have an appointment in Watsonville at the wound care clinic and it looks like I will be going there a couple of times a week for awhile.

Today turned out to be a really great day. Yesterday it was 101° here in Santa Cruz and I was so afraid that it was going to be the same here today because I was invited to a barbecue across the street for Alex and Jack’s birthday. They have some cool friends and I always feel so comfortable around all of them. I thought the weather was going to be really warm but it actually started cooling down when I went over there and I had a really great time.

Cassie is going to start working for me again on Friday. She worked for me when I first moved in here but she was going through some problems so we agreed to wait a year and try it again, she is doing so much better now and I really hope that works out.

2 comments:

betty said...

glad they caught Helen's mugger; so sorry she had to go through that, what an ordeal for sure!

sorry you're dealing with wound issues Tammie, and lots of doctor appointments, but I'm glad that Cassie is working out this time; hoping it continues

its been hot here too; I hope your cool down starts heading south; we have been over 100 for the past few days

take care

betty

ocmist said...

Goodness, what a time you had, and so sorry to hear of your friend's misfortunes.

Hope your health issues that they were working on at the time of this post are resolved. Linda