Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Spending a week with Lexi...

I did not make it to see starship at a free concert on the beach. I wanted to but we started cleaning the garage and I just didn’t want to stop, we still have a long ways to go but it’s getting cleaner and more organized.

On Sunday Teresa took me out to breakfast at Gilda’s and I had a crab and avocado omelette and it was awesome. I also had the best Bloody Mary I have ever tasted. They had the Art and wine Festival on the wharf and although there was a lot of people there was only about 10 booths and there really wasn’t a lot to see so we didn’t stay very long.

On Monday Lexi and I went to see the new Harry Potter movie. I really liked it but kept falling asleep, I seem to do that whenever I watch a movie with someone or go to the movies. If I’m here by myself I cannot fall asleep for the life of me. On the way home we decided to stop and rent a couple of movies to watch later. Jack from RTG rehab came back to fix my chair, one of the panels on the back broke and he ordered the part a couple of weeks ago. He also had to order another foot rest because I crash into things so much that I work down another one. While I was talking to him and mentioned that I needed some maintenance done around the house and he said that he used to do maintenance at a resort in Tahoe and that he would be willing to help me out when he could. I have been looking for so long and I am so excited, he is a really neat guy and I totally trust him.

Yesterday Lexi and I went to get our fingernails polished. Lexi has been here all week and I really like having the opportunity to get to know her and to hang out with her more, she is awesome.

3 comments:

ocmist said...

Goodness, I can't even imagine tackling our garage! You go, girl! I'm so glad that you found someone to do your maintenance that you can trust. It IS hard to find good people that will do that job!

Mmmm I love both crab and avacado,so that really sounds like it would be an awesome omelet... I wonder how you would make that? Was there special spices, do you know? Linda (from Corgi Country)

Chippertue said...

I will have to ask Heather about that. The crab was inside and the avocado was on top.

betty said...

that crab/avocado omelette sounds delicious!! glad you are enjoying your time with Lexi. I heard good things about this Harry Potter movie; I think sometimes it is easier to fall asleep at a movie theater because it could be darker than our homes

glad you found someone who could help with home repairs; having a trusted mechanic and repair person is always a good thing!

betty