Monday, February 26, 2018

It's going to be a long cold week…

Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry crew and then we did some personal care and of course a nice long hot essential oil bath. I think I have been a lot calmer these days it really helps to get out and get out of here but it's so cold, it just hits your face and goes right down to your bones. Since it's a long Presidents weekend the Woofpack is not coming to get Robby so I get to take both of them out for a cruise. I took Robby first and we cruised through Depot Park, down to the wharf, down to the boardwalk and then back home to thaw out for a while. After I felt like I could do it again I took Dude and we were off again through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back and down Westcliff Drive until I couldn't stand it anymore. We came home and I threw the ball for Dude for a little bit until Rosa came in and put me to bed, towards the end of the day I'm so sore and stiff from the wind it feels so nice to get into bed, have dinner, wash my face, brush my teeth and just lay in bed and watch TV with my heated throw wrapped around my neck and shoulders.











Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and got me up and I was so glad we had some running around to do so I didn't have to be out in the cold for a long period of time. My mom has been taking Robby for walks around the neighborhood so I'm glad he won't be bored. I took Dude for a cruise through Depot Park and up and down the wharf a couple of times before Cindy texted me and said that she was ready, she drove me to my sleep apnea appointment. I was really surprised to hear that my sleep apnea got worse because I've been feeling great, the doctor figured I wore it 75% of the time this year and she really wanted me to try to use it every night. I told her I get a lot of anxiety if I wear it when I'm not at home for some reason and last year was a really busy year for weddings and vacations… I will definitely try better this year. After the appointment Cindy took me shopping at Whole Foods Market, I was so hungry I wanted everything in the store so I probably went a little crazy but at least I'm back to eating well. Fish and chicken and lots of vegetables. We came back home after we stopped by Eric's deli to get a sandwich and a salad. I got turkey, avocado, and sprouts on this really killer wheat bread and a salad with spring mix, candied walnuts, raisins and chicken and split it with Rosa… After the fur babies eight of course. It was so nice to be in my bed and be warm that I think I fell asleep before Rosa left.

Wednesday was an okay day. Susan is still sick, poor thing! Karen came in and fed everybody and we did some personal care in a nice long hot relaxing bath… I wanted to stay there all day. She got me dressed in up in my chair so I took off with Robby and went down to the wharf and back, I have an appointment with Jessica downtown but I wanted to take Robby for a short cruise anyway… My mom has been walking and it makes me feel a little better. I rested for a bit and then took Dude and we were on our way to the appointment but of course, I had to go by the wharf first, as usual I started talking and forgot where I was supposed to be and as soon as I looked at my phone I had 10 minutes to get downtown. I think I was about five minutes late, I really hate being late for anything. Jessica's going to have surgery a week from Friday so there was another girl that she was showing how to do my hair, I think I'm only going to miss one appointment with Jessica but the other girl seemed really nice. After my appointment, it was just too cold so we came back and waited for Rosa. Rosa fed everybody and put me to bed and I was pretty much out.

Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the fur babies and got me up and dressed and ready for the day. The Woofpack came to get Robby and boy was he glad to see them. It still threatening to rain so no Google Glass again. We cruised through the lagoon but as we got close to the top there was a handful of guys working so we just turned around and came back, I really hate to be the one to make everybody stop working and move out of my way. I tilted back at the lagoon for a while and just enjoyed the sound of the birds, one of my favorite places to be. I went to the bank and my mom picked me up from there and took me to my appointment with Dr. Slezak, he is so nice and so easy to talk to I think I taught way too much when I get there and probably tell him a lot of things that he doesn't really mean… I don't know why I do that? He got my stomach healed up really good, no more gas and bloating… It feels great. Next, he said he can help me out with my social anxiety/ADHD/frustration and nerves and I am so ready for that. The first thing he told me was start take more magnesium because that is supposed to help with anxiety and stress and if that doesn't work he has a couple of other thoughts, this guy is so smart! It was raining while I was at my appointment so as soon as we got out I texted Rosa to see if she wanted us to come and pick her up from her first job and she said yes so we cruised up to Sunshine Villa and picked up her and her friend so they don't have to walk in the rain. She fed everybody and then put me to bed and maybe I hamburger out of elk meat and butter lettuce for the bun, it was really good! We washed my face and brush my teeth and put essential oils on my temple and my toes and I was out.


Friday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed everybody and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, I thought about staying in bed but that's usually a bad idea so I texted Theresa and asked her if she would come in at 1 PM and she said she would. I took Dude for a cruise through the lagoon so I could take some pictures of whatever it is they are building up there, we cruise down Westcliff Drive until it got too cold and then turn around and cruise down to the end of the wharf and back. Theresa was here when I got here so she put me to bed and then took the boys down to the vets for their booster shots, I was asleep by the time she got back but woke up a little bit and now I hope I can go back to sleep.















Saturday was a busy day, even though I stayed in bed there was a lot of stuff going on here. Cindy came in and fed the crew and the Woofpack came to pick up Robby for his puppy play date. I decided to stay in bed and Cindy and I went through the closet in my bedroom and got rid of a lot of clothes, I just have way too much. My aunt agreed to come over and help me out with my finances, my Quicken is such a mess because I basically set it up by myself and had no idea what I was doing. I also have a file cabinet in my front bedroom closet and she said a lot of the stuff that was in there I didn't even need, I trust her because she takes care of all her own finances and she has a lot of rental property, a business building in Los Gatos and a couple of other houses. It's really nice to get everything cleaned up and organized, I think I'm going to have a lot less stress and anxiety when everything is finished… I can't wait! Theresa came in and fed everybody and did some laundry.

Sunday was more of the same. Cindy came in and fed everybody and I decided to stay in bed again so we started purging and organizing the rest of the closet in my room and the close in the laundry room, I'm really proud of myself because I got rid of a lot of stuff and it really does feel great.  I was supposed to go with Trish to see if we could find some butterflies but it was so cold and I felt like I was coming down with a cold so is better just stay in bed. My aunt came over and cleaned out some more of my file cabinet and we worked some more on the Quicken program. Theresa came in and fed the animals, washed some more clothes and we did some personal care and that was about it. We are getting a lot done and it feels great!

1 comment:

betty said...

It is always good to get rid of things, especially if you aren't using them. Same thing too to get your finances in order, a good thing indeed! It is cold here too and I can't wait for the summer heat to descend upon us:)

betty