Sunday, December 24, 2017

'twas the week before Christmas…

Monday was another great day. Karen came in and we did some personal care that unfortunately took most of the day but at least I got a nice hot relaxing bath before she got me dressed and up in my chair. The Woofpack came and got Robby and he was really excited to go even though everybody was here. I took Dude for a little cruise and then David drove me over to pleasure point computers to see if they can attach my new Google glass on the glasses that I had my old Google glass on, unfortunately, they could not because of peace broke off… I wish I would have known that before I put new lenses in them. We came back and I looked around online but they just don't make those frames anymore so now what am I going to do? I just have to get these things put together and working. My aunt made chili and cornbread so everybody went across the street to eat while Rosa fed the animals and put me to bed, my brother brought me over a plate of food from across the street. After everybody came back across the street Claudia came over and her and my uncle, my aunt, Jan, my mom and I played cribbage while Stanley and the kids went upstairs to watch TV. By the time everybody left I could barely keep my eyes open and I was out shortly after that.

Tuesday was an awesome day. Cindy came in and fed the boys and girl and got me up, she took me back over to Pleasure Point Computers to pick up my Google Glass and then we stopped by the dollar store to get some Santa hats to wear on the holiday train this evening… I'm so excited! I also got a couple of cookies and cream chocolate bars, I got a Hawaiian ukulele Christmas ornament for Santa… Yesterday was his birthday so I was going to give it to him on the train. I heard the doorbell and looked up and it looked like Daniel from Numotion but I didn't have my glasses on so I couldn't tell for sure, it was… It really must be Christmas! I called on Thursday because my chair is wobbling really bad again and I didn't expect to hear from anyone but I was so excited to see Daniel! He looked it over and put a couple screws in it and it wobbles a whole lot less. I really think it's going to make it until I get my new one in February, he ordered a casing and some parts. Daniel is pretty awesome!! Robert's friend Zach came by and we all went to Stagnaro's on the wharf for dinner and then headed over to take some pictures on the boardwalk before our right on the holiday train, it was so amazing! Everybody is always so nice and helpful in getting us settled and the train ride was just gorgeous. After the holiday train ride we came back and Rosa came in to put me to bed, I couldn't wait to edit the pictures so I can share them on my blog and on Facebook but I was just too tired and I fell asleep.






































Wednesday was another great day. Karen came in and fed the crew and after breakfast, I took Robby for a cruise down to the wharf and back and then we all went out to Laili's for lunch, everybody's favorite place to have lunch. We cruised back and hung out for a while and opened Christmas gifts and the girls went shopping while the boys play table tennis outside. Rosa came in and put me to bed and we ordered pizza. Everybody wanted to go to bed early because they had to get up really early in the morning to catch the plane back to Oregon, what a great visit!






































Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the crew and started to get me up and then Theresa came in to learn how to do the morning routine, she is going to take over for three mornings next weekend. After stopping by the vet's office to pick up Triflexis for Robby and Dude, and saying hello to Dr. Shuman I cruise downtown for my appointment with my psychologist and then over to the place where I had the lenses put in my glasses to see if they had any suggestions, I talked to David who is the gentleman that usually helps me. He told me to go ahead and order the frames we found on Amazon and they would see if my Google glass could be attached and then exchange the lenses for me for free… So awesome! Since Robby was out cruising with the Woofpack Dude and I went for a cruise through Depot Park, down Westcliff Drive where he ran into a really nice lady that invited us to a party in one of that houses on Westcliff Drive… She was so sweet! We cruised back home and practiced some commands until Robby got home and then the boys played in the yard for a while and then we rested for a bit.























Friday was a great day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath before Theresa came in to learn the morning routine. After they got me up and dressed I met up with Trish and we cruised around downtown for a while, when we started out the weather was really nice but by about 2:30 PM it got cold so we came back home, she was going to Sacramento for Christmas and my caregiver was coming in at 3 PM... I can't wait to get into bed where it's warm and watch TV for a while. Theresa came in and fed everybody and put me to bed, I was so sleepy I think I fell asleep before she left.



















Saturday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and got me up after she fit everyone. My mom was having a hard time breathing and wasn't feeling very well so we took her over to urgent care, we went shopping, had lunch and then did some more shopping… Cindy is really fun to shop with, we are cracking up the whole time. My mom texted us when she was finished and we cruised back home and I rested for a bit and they decided to take Dude out for a cruise down to the wharf. Lately, when I go through Depot Park I run into this lady and her big white fluffy dog, at first it was just below as we cruised by but the last time I stopped to talk to her for a while. She sits there during the day and at night she sleeps in a tent behind the park in a tent. She was telling me about a couple of scary situations so I decided to get her a little care package containing pepper spray, nutrition bars for her, nutritious dog snacks for her dog Ella Bell, the lady's name is Becky, a sweatshirt, and some body warmers. I got it for a while but I haven't seen her so I was getting a little worried. I saw her as I went right today but of course, I do have the bag with me so I asked Theresa to come and pick me up and we were going to drop it off to her on the way home but she wasn't there. One of these days I will catch up with her. We cruised home and Theresa put me to bed and I think everybody wanted to play cribbage but I was just too tired and of course my mom didn't feel well. I watched TV for a while and then fell asleep.




















Sunday was kind of a disappointing day. Cindy came in and after everybody ate she got me dressed and as soon as she got me in my chair Theresa texted me and said she would like to come in at 2 PM because it's Christmas Eve, it was already 10 AM and we still had to go to Safeway and pick up the prescriptions for my mom. We came back and just let the boys play in the yard for a while, they really needed some exercise. It wasn't as cold as it has been and I really wanted to at least cruise down to the wharf and back but I didn't. Theresa came in and put me to bed, I was so tired I kept falling asleep. I had came over earlier and asked if I wanted to play cards and I said yes, I took a nap for a little while and then my uncle, my aunt, my mom and I played cribbage. I watched marriage Boot Camp for a while and then fell asleep.

1 comment:

betty said...

Looked like you had fun times with family! Merry Christmas!

Betty