Thursday, August 10, 2017

First week of team training at CCI

Monday was a pretty good day. Karen got me up and I went to my first day of team training, I had to be there at 9 a.m. it was pretty much just lectures most of the day we got a couple of breaks and they made a nice lunch, it was some kind of chicken with pasta and they had salad and drinks. We didn't get to handle any dogs. Savannah came in at 4 p.m. and Karen showed her the routine how to put me to bed, she did really well and she was very sweet. I was really exhausted and went right to sleep.

Tuesday was another really good day, everyone is so sweet here it's really hard because I am so shy but everybody really makes it a lot easier. We did some lectures and then we got to meet some dogs and do a couple of commands with them. I'm glad I don't have to choose which dog because they are all so sweet and cool, the trainers will pick them for us on the third day. Lunch today was chicken salad sandwiches on a croissant and chips, not the best diet for somebody with diabetes and trying to hold it down on gluten but it was really good. Savannah came in at 4 p.m. and put me to bed and I had a buffalo burger and salad for dinner. We did some personal care and I fell asleep before it ended. They sent me back up and Savannah left and I went right to sleep.

Wednesday very exciting day. The day we meet our pre-match service dog, after working with several dogs for a couple of days the trainers decide who we will best be matched with. I was matched with a black lab named Ferrari and he is awesome! I got to work with him a little bit and starting tomorrow he will stay in our room with us. I don't know if it's because I got matched or because he's such an awesome dog but I feel really comfortable and not so nervous. I watch the dogs play in the play area and I can't wait to bring Ferrari out here and watch him play along with everyone else. Team training was over for the day and Karen and I were both exhausted and ready to go to bed but unfortunately we had to do the routine first. Savannah came in and put me to bed and her mom came by with some tacos, it was good to see her... it's been a couple of years. I was exhausted and fell asleep before Savannah left but woke up a little bit later to do my quiz and then I was out.

Thursday was another exciting day. After class and everything is over we get to bring our dogs back to the dorm to sleep there for the first night. I can't believe I wasn't even nervous, just excited. We had a couple of lectures and a lot of practice and learn some new commands. We had sandwiches for lunch and then back to learning a couple more commands. We took our new dogs and went back to the dorm and it was time to go to bed, do some personal care and take a shower... the shower felt great. For some reason, the muscle on the back of my shoulder was acting up a lot today and I couldn't wait to get to bed and quit moving. I did my quizzes for the evening and then I was out.

Friday was a pretty good day and our first outing, we went to Lowes. Stanley and Janet came to spend the night because the next two days were both outings. I thought we got there really late because we passed the exit and had to go about 2 miles to get off and turn around but we weren't the last there so I felt better. It went really well and Ferrari did great. We came back and had lunch and a couple more training sessions in the training room before I date ended. Stanley and Janet went back to theirs. Savannah came in and put me to bed and we were pretty exhausted and fell asleep right away.

Saturday was a really good day. Our first Adventure was a field trip to Target, we did a couple of commands and Ferrari did really well. We got to shop for a couple of things and I got some fingernail polish and some hint water. We came back and did a couple more training sessions in the training room and then we were off for the day. Stanley, Janet and I went to a place called Jackson's for dinner and it was awesome. I had a steak and truffle fries and it was amazing. It was Savannah's day off so Karen and I did some personal care and a shower and went back to bed and fell asleep right away, again we were exhausted.

Sunday was another great day, a day off. Louis came to spend the day with Karen so it was just Ferrari and me until Savannah came in at 2 p.m... I wanted to go to bed early because I was exhausted and rest my butt a little bit. Savannah painted my fingernails and I fell right to sleep. I woke up when Karen came in but only briefly. I'll have to share pictures later as we are not supposed to post them to public media yet.

1 comment:

betty said...

Seems like a good fit with you and Ferrari! What a good looking dog! Amazing how the people there can match the dogs and people together! Sounds like its been a busy time for you, but an enjoyable time too!