Wednesday, August 16, 2017

David, Aubrey and Stephen coming to visit…

Monday was a pretty good day.  Karen was so exhausted from working two weeks and then the weekend so she took Monday off. I stayed in bed and rested, my brothers are coming down this week so it's nice to have a day off to rest. Rosa came in and fed the boys and I and put some more stuff away, it seems like there's so much to get put away after having the floors done. I still feel so restless and can't wait to get back into a routine.

Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and got me up and I took Robby out for a cruise, I don't want to make Robby feel like he's been forgotten so he gets everything first. I came back and got Dude, that's what we are going to call Ferrari, and we went for a cruise and then met Cindy and Robby at Safeway and did some shopping, it was pretty much nothing in my refrigerator and I haven't heard from the chef for about three weeks. We came back and I took Dude out again for another cruise before Rosa came in, she fed the boys and the cat and then put me to bed and then it was my turn to eat… This is going to be a really busy schedule but I know it will settle down and be great. We did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, it felt wonderful!












 Wednesday was a pretty good day. Susan came in and gave me a really nice long massage, that muscle between my shoulder and my is still hurting when it gets cold but it's getting better. I got a prescription for therapy for when I got back from team training and I can't wait to get started. I took the boys out for cruise one by one because I wanted to leave them both home when I went to the support group, they're fixing all the roads and I don't want to get in a maze of working men and hot tar with either of the dogs. It's a good thing I left them home because I have is down Soquel Avenue and they detoured me over to Broadway and then they tried to detour me again and I told the guy I need to get over to the hospital so he tried to help me and ended up driving my chair into the hot tar and then yelling at me for driving into the hot tar. By the time I got to the hospital I was so frustrated and exhausted I decided to just come home, I didn't want the tar to dry too much on my tires. I wandered around for a while not knowing how to get back home by eventually got home and just as Karen was leaving. She got some socks from and a brush and cleaned off as much of the tar as she could, I didn't want to go in the house because I just had my wood floors redone so Karen tore up a bunch of boxes and made me a trail so I didn't have to drive on the floor, thank goodness she was still here. I rested for a bit before Rosa came into put me to bed and I was so exhausted and frustrated I fell right to sleep.

Thursday was a little bit better day. Karen came in and got me up and I took Robby for a cruise and then came back and got Dude and we headed downtown to my appointment with Carol, my psychologist. It had been three weeks since he and I really had a lot to say, mostly How proud I am of myself for how calm I am keeping myself lately… It feels great. We cruised around for a bit after my appointment and then I came home to wait for my brother, my niece and Stephen to come for a visit… I was so excited. I haven't seen Aubrey and Stephen for about five years.We visited for a while and then Rosa came in to feed the boys and the cat and put me to bed.   Stanley came by to join the party, there is no party without Stanley. My aunt came by with Lexi and the little girls, it was great to see them and especially Lexi… I haven't seen her since Thanksgiving. Everybody was tired from a long day so we all just went to sleep.
















Friday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, the personal care wasn't very successful because my body is all messed up from staying up so long while I was at team training, frustration and nervousness plus I ran out of my medications. Dave, Aubrey, Steven and I cruised over to the wharf to hang out for a while… I love that place! Stanley, David, Aubrey and I went back to the boardwalk to watch Pablo Cruz put on a great show! There was a crepe place right behind where we were so we decided to have one and they were pretty good, I could meet a whole one. I got one with artichoke hearts, avocado and cheese. I always end up going to the 6:30 PM show and I keep saying one of these days I'm going to check out the 8:30 PM show, they supposedly play longer and more songs that I would recognize… I only recognize two songs. We cruised back home and Teresa put me to bed, what a great day!





























 Saturday was a pretty miserable day. Cindy came in and got me up but I felt so bad, probably from not having my regular personal care. I had an appointment to get my hair done but couldn't even get out of the street, they had a big trench dug at the end of our cul-de-sac so I caught Shannon and told her that I needed to cancel my appointment until I can get around better. It's a good thing I did because I started sweating, getting chills and a headache. I told my brothers I wasn't going to be able to go to the concert, we had tickets to go see Huey Lewis and the news at the Mountain winery… It was so frustrating! If I would've gone through I would've just been soaked and cold the whole time and I wouldn't have enjoyed the show. I'm glad that Stanley, David and Aubrey could still go… They had a great time and brought me back a CD from the opening act. She was the daughter of the drummer, they were saying that they use to hang out in Santa Cruz and they even use to perform at the wooden nickel in Watsonville. Teresa agreed to come in early and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, I felt so much better. I waited up for them to get home to hear how the concert went, I really didn't need to ask but they said it was awesome!

Sunday was a great day. Cindy came in and got me up and I felt so much better than it did the day before after you have a really bad day like that you just feel awesome!  Janet, Steven and I took Robby out for a cruise through the lagoon, through Bay St., Park and down Westcliff Drive a little bit. While we were cruising through the lagoon we decided it would be nice to go out to dinner to Lillian's Italian restaurant so we made reservations, that place fills up fast and it's really good. We cruised back home and David, Aubrey, Stephen and I took Dude for a cruise down to the wharf back… It was such a beautiful day. We had a really nice dinner and then came home and Theresa put me to bed, I was really tired and fell right to sleep. Stanley and Janet had to go home because Janet had to work in the morning.















2 comments:

betty said...

Glad you had a good visit with your company, Tammie! I like the nickname of Due for Ferrari :) Seems like you are doing good with both the dogs and trying to organize a schedule to get walks in, etc.

betty

chippertue said...

They are so much fun! They both have such completely different personalities, I'm having fun getting to know Dudes…