Sunday, November 13, 2016

Getting ready for Thanksgiving…

Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and I decided to stay in bed. She fed Robby and I and started decorating for Halloween, I can't believe we are at the end of the year already. It's going to be a really nice Thanksgiving, my brother Stanley, his wife Janet, his older son Robert and his new bride McKenzie will be here to celebrate with us and I can't wait. I think my barbecue island is going to be back together by then in case we want to have a rotisserie turkey. Rosa came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath. I watched TV for a while and then I started getting chills and a headache and I had to call my mom to come down and help me out, we had to do a little bit more personal care and we were both exhausted.

Tuesday was a very productive day. Cindy came in and got me up and took me over to my appointment at Palo Alto medical clinic. I needed to get my A1c tested, pneumonia shot, flu shot, some kind of vaccine and they drew my blood for three other tests… I'm so glad to get that over with. I hope my A1c is still doing good, I think I haven't been doing very good lately and the holidays are coming up. I'm going to try to eat the chefs food until Thanksgiving. After we came back I rested for a bit and then took Robby out for a cruise. Omar got here just as I left to finish fixing the barbecue island, I'm hoping we can use it for Thanksgiving. Robby and I cruised through the lagoon, up through Bay St., Park, down Westcliff a little bit, down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back and home. I can't wait until my batteries finally come in so I can go somewhere else but I know that this is the route I can take and get home without my batteries dying. Next month I get my new chair and I'm so excited! I cruised around and took pictures of my Thanksgiving decorations, I swear Karen is so creative! I get so many compliments every day on my decorations. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I watched the rest of the series of Shameless and a couple of episodes of intervention before I drifted off to sleep.

Wednesday was a really nice day. Karen came in and got me up and I waited around until 1 PM, I need to go down to the support group but I don't want my battery to die so I'll have to just wait around until it's time to go. Robby and I cruised down to the support group. I ran into Julie out in front of the hospital, it was really nice to see her… It's been a long time. I said hello to Roger, he looked really stressed-out and frustrated. I came in to lay back for a bit and Ken came in and we talked for a bit. Roger came in to say that he was waiting for a phone call and he would be a late, Victor came in and he has been traveling around a lot… He's getting ready to go on a cruise. Sacha came in and then Karen and then the other Karen and then Roger, we had a really nice group. We talked about having the nutritionist coming next month and answer some questions that we might have. After group I hung around and talk to Sacha for a while and then took off for FedEx to drop off a package and then home. When I was passing through downtown I ran into Vnes, she runs the information booth downtown, and she was talking to Foster will runs Shared Adventures. He said that he had been trying out this headset from Google that supposed to help you on the computer, he's trying it out for them. We talked for a little bit and then I headed home. Rosa came in and put me to bed and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath. My arms were really sore from yesterday, I got two shots in each arm and they took four vials of blood. Ever since I got this Himalaya lamp I think I have felt better, my cousin Kelly told me about it and she said that she has been sleeping better so I'm excited it might just work. There's a possibility it could be a placebo thing but whatever it is it's nice to sleep like normal people do. Numotion FINALLY called and said that my batteries were in and Daniel was going to come out on Friday at 4 PM and put them in for me…

 Thursday was another perfect day. Karen came in and got me up in diapers down to my appointment with Carol, it went by pretty fast. After my appointment Robby and I cruised around downtown for a little bit taking pictures and then we cruised over to the wharf. The weather was beautiful and the clouds were gorgeous so I'm sure I have a bunch of pictures of something that I've taken before but each time for me they are just breathtaking. We cruised over to the boardwalk and took a bunch more pictures and then I decided that we better go home before it's too late and my batteries die. I will be so glad to be able to stay out longer starting on Saturday, after I get my new batteries. Rosa came in and put me to bed and fed Robby and I and cleaned up and went home and I just watched TV for a while until I fell asleep.

Friday was another pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I went for a really nice cruise. The sun was out in the morning but by the time I was ready to leave it was overcast but still comfortable. We cruised through the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive a little bit, down to the end of the wharf and back, On our way back we ran into a family with a skilled companion dog from CCI that was 16 years old and looked great. I can't remember exactly what the dog's name was but it was something like Ukulele. I told them I was waiting for a successor dog because Robby is retired and they said they were thinking about getting a successor dog also. We cruised down to the boardwalk and then back home. Meaghan was going to come in and put me to bed early so I can be out of my chair when Daniel gets here at 4 PM to change my batteries. The batteries got changed and the chair is charging.

Saturday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and got me up, when I got into my chair the sun was out but as soon as I went to leave the house it was overcast. Omar was already here working on the barbecue island, he got it back into place and now he's building a cover for it… The apartment complex on the other side of my fence as palm trees and the leaves drop all over into my yard. Robby and I cruised through the lagoon, down to the end of the wharf and back. While I was coming back down the Wharf I saw a guy fishing and he had reeled up his crab net and there was a baby stingray on the ground in front of him and he was stabbing it in the head with a knife, I didn't think this was necessary… Why didn't you just throw it back in?? I ran into one of the security officers and one of the gentlemen that play guitar on the wharf and I asked them why? I guess you can't eat them the security officer said but why a baby? The guy that plays the guitar and sings said that we are all somebody's food so I realize, like I do a lot, but I am the only one that gets upset when I see things like this. I guess it's all a part of life but it just makes me sad.  We cruised about halfway down the boardwalk and Meaghan messaged me and said she was on her way over to put me to bed, she wanted to put me to bed early so she could go out with her friends for her birthday weekend. We cruised back and talked to Omar for a bit and then talk to my mom until Meaghan came in to put me to bed. After she left it was really nice to just relax and watch TV, I meant to watch a couple of movies but I didn't.

Sunday was a long boring day. Cindy came in and put me on my side for a while, I stayed in bed because it was Meaghan's birthday and she wanted the day off… I couldn't find anybody to fill in for her so I decided to just rest and watch TV and look around on Facebook and the Internet. My mom came down and fed Robby and I and I just watch TV the rest of the evening.

1 comment:

betty said...

Liked your pictures, Tammie. That was neat you ran into the other people with the companion dog. Wow that he was 16 years old! Sure can't believe how fast this year went.