Wednesday, August 17, 2016

We get Robert and Mackenzie back for a couple of days…

Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and I took Robby for a cruise down to the Santa Cruz wharf and watched the Santa Cruz sand guy build a huge sea monster, I think it actually took him two days and it was awesome. We came back and hung out with Robert and Mackenzie for a while, they came back from Modesto last night. Kelley was here so it was nice that they got to spend some time together, I don't even remember the last time Robert and Kelly saw each other and Kelly had never met McKenzie. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I fell right to sleep.

Tuesday was a pretty good day also, it's a little bit colder than it has been that towards the end of the evening it's nice. Lisa came in and got me up and I cruised Robby around a little bit before Robert, McKenzie, Kelly and I went to lunch at Laili's… One of my favorite places to go here in town. I usually get egg plant, basmati rice with saffron and chard because it's so delicious but this time I decided to go with filet mignon with basmati rice and salad… It was amazing! The filet just melted in my mouth and the rice was perfect, as usual. Everybody loved what they got and we all try to bite of everything. For dessert we ordered baklava with ice cream and something else that I don't remember what it is but it was awesome, we all try a bite of those too. We cruised through town and then came back home to visit for a bit before Rosa came in to put me to bed. We did some personal care and I took a nice long hot bath and immediately fell asleep.

Wednesday was a great day.  Susan came in to give me a massage, it was so nice relaxing and I think I fell asleep a couple of times. The kids got up and said goodbye and headed back home to Oregon, and was a great visit. Karen came in to get me up and Robby and I cruised over to the support group at Dominican rehab, I left early so I would have to try to hurry and get there and as I was approaching the hospital I heard somebody calling my name and turned around and there was Kimberly, I haven't seen her for a long time. Several years ago she worked for me and I pop into her every once in a while, she now has an office right next to the hospital. She is a massage therapist but used to work part-time as a caregiver. I talked to Roger for a couple of minutes and then went out back to tilt back for 15 or 20 minutes before the support. Five people showed up and we had a good time talking, Karen peaked and to say hello… She helped start the support and then have a baby and is now ready to come back to work so she said she will be at the support group next month. Robby threw up a couple times so Roger went to the gym and brought back Maryanne, one of the therapists, to clean it up. It was really good to see Maryanne also but sorry for the circumstances. The meeting ended and Robby and I cruised back home. We had company for a while and is much as I love having company I love going home and going to bed to a quiet house. Kelly went to visit a friend in Monterey for a couple of days. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I just relaxed and watched television for the rest of the evening.

Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and I took off for downtown for my appointment with Carol, I had a lot to say so I went by pretty fast. Robby and I cruised down towards the Santa Cruz wharf and then headed back home for my appointment with Kay, it has been a while and a lot of gray is showing in my hair. Kay left and my mom got me something to eat before Rosa came in. Rosa came in and put me to bed and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, I was really ready to relax in the tub for a while. To put me back to bed and again I was out.

Friday was a pretty relaxing day. Karen came in and put me on my side for a while, I was going to stay in bed because I don't have an evening caregiver. She sent me back up and left and I spent the rest of the afternoon editing pictures, the time goes by so fast I don't even realize it and then all of a sudden my arm hurts so I need to stop for a while but I'm almost done with my iPhoto albums. I got a call from a lady that I messaged at for a possible caregiver, she's going to call me back later. I hope it works out so I don't have to spend any more time in bed, I like to once in a while but when I have to is always harder plus tonight Foghat is going to be the band on the beach. Sacha messaged me to see if I was going but I told her I couldn't, hopefully next week. A lady came to inspect my house for a loan that I'm trying to get, she said it would take a couple days and then I will be hearing from the lady whose processing my loan.

Saturday was a great day! I'm sometimes so tired that I wish I could stay in bed until I don't have a caregiver and I'm forced to stay in bed and then I go crazy. Cindy came in and I got to get up today so after she got me up I was ready to take Robby for a nice long cruise when Kelly came downstairs and said she wanted to go for a cruise so we did. It was really nice to be able to spend some time with Kelly again. We cruised through the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive, down to the end of the Santa Cruz wharf and back and I decided to go downtown for some lunch. Unfortunately by the time I realized it was 3:00 PM and I had to be home by 4:00 PM so we decided to go to Lúpulo Craft Beer House, Kelly had been there before but I never have and it was pretty good. We ate and got home just in time. Elise, a lady I found on that we were training, was waiting at the front door and Karen was on her way to my house from next door. The training went really well and I thought this lady was going to work out great, she just lose the next street over, but she wants to much hourly so it's not going to work out. I thought it was too good to be true. My mom and Kelly decided to go to Bantom, another place Kelly tried and highly recommended. I looked at the pictures on yelp and decided on a pizza with yellow tomatoes, sausage a fried egg, it was amazing! I watched TV for a while and then went to sleep.

 Sunday was another day stuck in bed and another day of starting over to look for a  weekend caregiver. Cindy came in and fed Robby and I and the rest of the day I just watched TV and rested, I slept on and off. I was cranky and bloated, I hope I'm not stuck in bed too many more weekends. My mom and Kelly came down and we watched Grand Torino.

1 comment:

betty said...

I bet it was fun to see the sand creature being created. The food always looks so good! Hard to believe Labor Day is around the corner.