Thursday, August 11, 2016

Such an awesome week, great weather and family…

 Monday Was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I went for a cruise through the lagoon, down Westwood Drive and then back home. Robert, McKenzie Took me over to Costco so we could do some shopping, we got a lot delicious food and Mackenzie is a pretty good cook. while we were cruising through the parking lot we ran into Aki, it's always so great to see her and she gave us a couple of good tips on a good wine and good whiskey that she got at Costco. We came home and we decided to go to my favorite Thai restaurant… Their food is so awesome! I had my usual eggplant delight which is eggplant with ground up chicken and shrimp and barbecued duck which is also excellent! McKenzie got pad Thai noodles, another one of my favorites, and Robert got a shrimp curry dish. We cruised back home and visited for a bit before Rosa came in to put me to bed so we can watch a movie. I fell asleep a couple times during the movie like I always do and I don't remember what the movie was called but it was a good movie.

 Tuesday was another great day. Lisa came in and got me up and took me over to staff of life to go shopping, I love this place. I got some dairy free cheese, gluten-free cinnamon and raisin bagels. They also had is really awesome gluten-free and dairy free dessert, it was silly chocolate with fruit sitting on some kind of free cake. We came home and rested for a bit and tried half of the desert, it was amazing! Omar was building a fence and gate so that Robby cannot get into the front yard and eat the Cat poop. Rosa came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, it felt great!

Wednesday was another great day! Karen came in and got me up and Robert, McKenzie, Robby and I went down to the boardwalk to catch the beach train that goes from the boardwalk to roaring Camp railroads in Felton… It is such a beautiful ride! We got off the train at roaring Camp and got something to eat and then cruised around Henry Cowell read once for a while before getting back on the train to get us back to the boardwalk. We were going to go out to eat but I remembered the chicken and potatoes at the farmers market, the rotisserie chicken drips on the potatoes and liquid sea salt… One of my favorites! We came back home and ate and then visited for a while before Rosa came in to put me to bed.

Thursday was another pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I took off downtown for my appointment with Carol, for some reason the time went by really slowly and I couldn't think of that much to say. After we left I had another appointment with Amanda down at Bank of America, I'm working on a small loan so I can get my doors fixed  and get an electronic simulation exercise bicycle that I've been looking at for years. Everything seems to be going along pretty smoothly. We cruised back home and rested for a bit before Rosa came in to put me to bed so we can do some personal care and a nice long hot bath. I was out before she left.

Friday was a really great day. Karen came in and got me up and Robert, McKenzie and I went downtown to Zachary's for breakfast… Zachary seems to be a favorite of everyone and once again we were not disappointed. After we came back from breakfast Robert and Mackenzie took off from Modesto, tomorrow is going to be their Modesto bridal shower. We said goodbye and Robby and I took off for a cruise through the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive, to the end of the Santa Cruz wharf and back and down to the end of the boardwalk and back… The weather is getting warmer and it's hard to make myself go home. I decided not to go to the concert on the beach this week, it was Y and T and I think I only heard of one of their songs and I was exhausted. I might have stayed in bed but I didn't want to miss breakfast with Robert and McKenzie. Theresa came in and put me to bed and for the rest of the evening I just watched TV and edited photos, I have a lot of photos. Kelly and Ursula came in to say hello, Ursula was dropping off Kelly to stay for a while.

Saturday was a really nice relaxing day, I decided to stay in bed and relax. Cindy came in and we shaved my legs and applied some of that instant tan wipes, and you said before the wedding and a really do look nice. She put me on my side where I watched TV for a while. My mom and Kelly took off for Modesto to attend the wedding shower, I said to just stay home and rest. My uncle and aunt also went and it looks like everybody had a great time. Omar came in and put a latch on the front gate and put the declaration that I had backed up on the pergola. Theresa came in early so we could do some personal care and a nice long hot bath and I still have a lot of time to relax with nobody around. I heard my mom and Kelly get home.

Sunday was a very exciting day!  Cindy came in and got me up and Robby and I went for a cruise through the lagoon and down to the Santa Cruz wharf, I didn't want to go too far because I didn't want to run my battery down on my chair but I wanted Robby to get in a little bit of exercise before I go. Tonight I am going to see Huey Lewis and the news at the Saratoga Mountain winery, I love this guy! He grew up around here and my cousin is even in one of his videos that was shot on the beach. I visited with Kelly for a while and then Lisa came to take me to the concert. We got to the concert and decided to get one of their savory crêpe's, this sign them happen to be some kind of Oriental duck with plum sauce… It was amazing, unfortunately it was so delicious and we ate it so fast and forgot to take a picture. We also got a dessert crêpe but I was too full to eat it so I took it home. Bob came up to say hello before the concert, I have seen him there at almost every concert I have been to… He is one of the ushers and somebody that I see all over town. The concert was amazing! He puts on a great show and really knows how to entertain. He saying a bunch of his old songs and a couple of his new ones and it just went by way too fast. Next year I will definitely come to see him again. My phone died on the way home and when I got here Theresa wasn't here, she was supposed to come in at 10 PM and we didn't get home until 11:20 PM. My phone was totally dead so I couldn't see if she had left me a message, obviously I was a little annoying because this isn't the first time that she has done this to me. Luckily Lisa was with me and agree to put me to bed. Right before she left my phone was charged enough to read the messages from Theresa, her daughter was still and she said she wasn't going to be able to make it. She has a husband and two older boys that kind of taking care of her daughter, I also told him before that she could bring her daughter and she can stay on the couch or on the bed in the spare bedroom for an hour while Theresa puts me to bed. I gave her the opportunity to have the evening off and I would have Lisa put me to bed but she said she wanted to come in… Needless to say I was furious. Thank goodness for Lisa.

1 comment:

betty said...

What a fun week you had, Tammie. That train ride sounded like fun. Huey Lewis looks great for his age. I bet it was a great concert!