Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Lots of constants this week…

 Monday was a really hot day. I think I'm going to have to start getting up earlier so I can cruise around before it gets too hot. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I went for a cruise through the lagoon, through Bay St., Park, down Westcliff Drive a little bit, we had to turn around because Westcliff Drive is mostly black top and too hot for Robby's paws. As we were turning around there was a lady on one of the benches that started talking to me. I can't remember what she said her name was on her nickname was purple and she had a purple nail polish on. She had some really great stories although most of them were a little bit out there. She had a really exciting life, or did she? Wes came by, I used to run into him all the time cruising around with his dog Train but Train passed away a couple of months ago but I still run into him. We cruised with him for a little bit and then went down towards the Santa Cruz Wharf again most of the Wharf was pavement so we decided to just go cruise around the boardwalk where it is cement and a little bit cooler. We got there just in time to watch the last part of the surfing magicians act, he's always very entertaining. I rested for a bit and then decided it's just too hot and I'm going home. It was nice to get back home where it was cool so I just watched TV for a while. I took Robby out to go potty and about five or 10 minutes after I got back into the house my aunt came over and said that she saw a guy running out of my driveway, I can't believe I just miss him. We looked at the cameras and sure enough there he was. My aunt said he ran out of my driveway and turn left down the dead end cul-de-sac and there was a police car chasing after him. We call the police department and said that we had video of the guy if they needed him but the dispatcher said they already got him. Later on my uncle told her that the car came speeding around the corner and blew a tire, a couple got out of the car and started screaming at each other and when the police came he ran off down the street and apparently jumped over my back fence and came through my yard because he lived down on the end of my street. I guess the lady just walked home and they took him away for reckless driving and who knows what else. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I relaxed for a while and then fell asleep.

Tuesday was a pretty good day. Lisa came in and got me up and she took me to Safeway to do some shopping. After that she drove me over to at Dominican rehab for my appointment with Denise, my dietitian. Come to find out the crackers that she recommended were not gluten-free, I've been trying to go gluten-free for a month hoping gluten is the reason I am so bloated all the time Living gluten-free is not too bad, I have found some really great alternatives. I also found some really good dairy free alternatives. She dropped off a urine sample that I finally got around to taking for Dr. Owens, I'm not sure why she requested it since I just did it a while ago. I had to cruise back home after my appointment because my urine bag was really full, I drink so much water for the sample and forgot to have Lisa put on my leg bag emptier. My mom came down an emptied my bag and Robby and I took off for a cruise around Santa Cruz. We cruised through the lagoon and guess what?? The goats are here, I won't get to enjoy them for very long because they were already three quarters of the way through, I could just sit there and watch them for hours, they are so cute. We cruised down to the Santa Cruz wharf with the blacktop was too hot so I decided to cruise down to the boardwalk where it is cemented and not so hot on Robby's feet. It was still a little bit too hot so I decided to just come home. I watched TV for a while and then talk to Omar, him and his friend were painting the pergola… It looks brand-new. Rossi came in and put me to bed and then we did some personal care and a much-needed long hot bath, I was out again before she left. I have been sleeping really good since I got the CPAP machine.

Wednesday was a really great day, so much cooler than it has been. Karen came in and got me up and I wanted to get out of here before it got too hot. Lisa was going to come by to take me to Costco and to go get some many cupcakes for the get together on Friday. I decided to not wait for her and get a short cruise in with Robby before I got too hot, luckily it never got too hot. We cruised through the lagoon and watch the goats for a while and I ran into a lady that I met a while back, Lynn. Last time I ran into her there and told her that I was afraid to go on the boardwalk part of the lagoon on the water by myself because if I fell in nobody ever find me. She asked me if I wanted to go over the water part with her so I did, it was really nice to be able to take my time and take some pictures. She went on to Safeway and I went on to cruise around Westcliff Drive, the Santa Cruz wharf and the Santa Cruz Boardwalk. Lisa texted me and said that she would meet me at the end of the Santa Cruz wharf so we could go shopping. We went to the bank and then to Costco, I have been doing all of my grocery shopping through a delivery service online called Envoy so it seems like whenever I go into a store of any kind I'm so excited I end up getting a lot more than I went there to get. We went downtown and got some mini cupcakes, there were so many delicious kinds that was hard to choose only 12 but we did it and I can't wait to dig in to them after the concert on Friday. I wanted to go to the farmers market and get some white raspberries but for some reason I kept getting a headache and chills and I was soaked with sweat, I thought it was a kink in my leg bag hose but after we looked at that I was still having problems so we took off my boots… I think that might have been the problem because I decided to get a size smaller and I think it was just too hot to have on boots. Rosa came in and put me to bed while Lisa straightened out the garage and arranged my papier-mâché Mexican characters in the front bedroom. Rosa had a headache so she went home.

Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and Lisa and Riggy came over and we let the boys play in the yard for a little bit, there is nothing cuter than a couple of CCI dogs playing together. We all jumped in the van and cruise over to Dominican Hospital, Roger asked us to go over and talked to a lady was having a hard time with life in general. I always hope that people are glad to see us and we really do make a difference but you just never know. She's looking at several more weeks in the hospital before she can go home. I hope she keeps in touch with us, she seemed like a really sweet lady.  We were sitting outside the hospital and a lady and gentleman came up to say hello, the lady said that she races CCI puppies and just turn on in. She said she was just talking to Robby's Dr. earlier in the afternoon and she knew Tim, Allison and Jim… It's such a small world.  We came back here and I was going to head over to my facial appointment but I couldn't get my leg bag emptier to empty and by the time Lisa and my mom figured it out it was too late to cruise down there so I left Robby here at Lisa drove me back down there. I really enjoyed making out with Lisa also today we didn't get to for very long, hopefully in the next couple of weeks we can just have a nice relaxing day in the yard and let the boys play. I always feel so fresh and clean after I get a facial, Jennifer does a really great job. I cruised back here after running into Keith, Rose's grandsons father and Karen. Rosen put me in bed and we did some personal care and a wonderful nice long hot bath, I was so relaxed and just watch TV until I drifted off to sleep.

 Friday was such a great day. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I went for a cruise through the lagoon and down to the end of the Santa Cruz wharf and back. I didn't want to go to far because some people are getting together to cruise the boardwalk, eat junk food and watch the Tubes concert. I came back early to charge my phone and my Google Glass so I would be ready for the evening. Marshall dropped off Elizabeth at the wharf to meet people and Marshall came here to get me and some chairs in the van and drove me back to me everyone else. We all met up and everybody decided what they wanted and we split up and then met back in the designated disabled seating to watch the concert. I decided to get fish and chips only my chips were garlic fries, it was delicious… I can do it very often by them were calling it my birthday bash so I deserved it at least once a year. Sacha bought me one of those Hannah tattoos, a magnetic with a dog that looked exactly like Robby and from a local artist and a spray bottle full of water and peppermint and lemongrass essential oils. Nancy got me a little CCI dog that she made out of her dog, Lillie Belle's, hair… It is adorable! The concert was really good and it was just nice to have a so many good people there to talk to and spend time with. We managed to Susan and two of her kids, Charlie and Ruby, and another friend of theirs. Of course Nancy and her husband and Sandy and her boy, and that Sandy and a couple of the support groups… She is such a sweet lady.  Elizabeth invited a friend that she just met named Ruby, she was also very sweet. The guy looked after the disabled seating area, Robert, brought me a boardwalk birthday pin, funnel cake and let everybody to see me happy birthday… It was embarrassing but awesome! Some of us came back here for some cheese, salami and mini cupcakes and we got to sit and visit for a couple of Hours and it was so nice… I hated for the night to end. Marshall and Elizabeth stayed here overnight and everybody else left.

Saturday was another great day. Cindy came in and I decided to stay in bed, last night was a really long day and Sunday is also going to be a really long day and I am exhausted. I got to visit with Marshall and Elizabeth for a couple of hours before they had to leave, they are such cool people! Stanley came in and fixed us all breakfast, bagels, scrambled eggs and sausage… I love his breakfasts! I watched TV for a while and then Theresa came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, she came in early so we were done by about 6 PM and I had to just enjoy the rest of the evening looking back and looking forward, I have such a great life and an awesome family and friends!

Sunday was a really exciting day. Cindy came in and got me up and it was one of those days than it seems like whatever we did and just wasn't comparable. Cindy is always really patient and helpful and we got me about as comfortable as I was going to get and I decided to just go for a cruise and make the best of it, at least I was getting up out of bed. I took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon, up to Bay St., Park, down W. Cliff Dr. a little bit and then down to the Santa Cruz wharf, it was so crowded everywhere that it was really hard to cruise around so we just came back. Stanley and Janet came to stay for a couple of days, Stanley and I were going to the Saratoga Mountain Winery to see Foreigner in concert and Janet was going to stay here and hang out with my mom and Robby. We decided to leave a little earlier than planned just in case the traffic was ridiculous because of the Fourth of July weekend. We got there in plenty of time so we cruised around looking for something good to eat and came upon the crape bar. Tonight they had bacon, lettuce, tomato, and chicken crapes and for dessert they had lemon and banana and strawberry crapes for dessert. We were going to have a crape for dinner and then come back later and have one for dessert but we never did, next time. The concert was amazing, every song was more exciting than the last and I knew all of them. Such a beautiful venue and everyone was so nice. And just didn't want it to end.  While we were waiting for the golf cart shuttle to take us to our vehicle and ran into Steve, the guy that helped us out last time and gave us back our license and waved the parking fee. I got to talk to him again for a little while, is just so nice.We got home and Theresa was here waiting so she put me to bed and of course I had to listen to their music for a while. I finally fell asleep, such a perfect amazing day!

1 comment:

betty said...

You got great pictures this week, Tammie! Looked like so much fun with all the different things you did. I like the lagoon pictures, very pretty!