Monday, June 13, 2016

Not as hot as I thought…

 Monday was a pretty good day. After staying in bed for two days both Robby and I were ready for a nice long cruise. Karen came in and got me up and I have an email from the Police Department saying that they were doing extra drive-bys at my house for a while and I wanted to file a report he gave me a number so I called it and they said to stay by the phone and an officer will call me, I finally got a phone call from officer Nathan Vasquez, his name sounded familiar but he said we had never met before. He took down all the information and I sent him the videos and I was relieved that Robby and I can finally go out for a cruise. We cruised through the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive past the dog Beach and back. Lexi messaged me and wanted to borrow some some puppy paw wax for her daughter Lily so she could take her to the dog Beach. I told her I would try to get up and meet her down there but I had to wait for a phone call. We cruised back down to the Santa Cruz wharf and cruise down to the end and back. Unfortunately it was time to come home, after my phone call and only really got two hours to cruise around. Rosa came in and put me to bed and got me something to eat. I was afraid I was going to have another restless night so I took lorazepam and I fell right to sleep I slept all night, it felt great.

Tuesday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up my ex came by to visit, I haven't seen him for 18 years and he pretty much looked the same except with white hair… I was with him for 18 years. I wasn't as nervous as I usually am doing pretty much anything, thanks to my therapist I have learned to calm myself down. We visited for a couple of hours and then he went back to his hotel to get some rest, he's going to visit a couple of his friends that he hasn't seen for about 10 or 15 years. After he left Robby and I went for a cruise down Westcliff Drive a little bit and back and down to the end of the Santa Cruz wharf and back and then home. I think the most relaxing thing is just cruising along the ocean. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I felt like sleep, for some reason I have been really sleepy lately… I love it! I love that feeling when you just can't keep your eyes open and your fighting sleep.

Wednesday was a great day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. She got me dress and up in my chair and Robby and I got a little bit of time to cruise around before we headed down to the support group.  As I got to a huge intersection a guy in a bike pulled out in front of me and it looked like he was using sign language to communicate with the traffic signals, never a dull moment in Santa Cruz! I stopped at Hanger prosthetics on the way to pick up the front of my hard brace, I can't wait to try it on tomorrow. I was a little early so I tilted back in my chair and listen to some music and lapped the hospital a couple of times. I cruised in to say hello to Roger, he had an appointment wasn't going to be able to make it to the group. It was just Victor, Earnestine and I and we had a really nice chat, the time went by really fast. Robby and I cruised home and talk to Omar or while, he was putting the doors on the barbecue station… It looks so amazing. Rosa came in and put me to bed and again it didn't take very long until I was out.

Thursday was a really great day. Karen came in and got me up and they cruised on down to my appointment with my psychologist. I had a lot to say because it has been a really busy week so the appointment went by really fast. After my appointment and cruised around downtown for a while and then headed over to the Santa Cruz wharf. I cruised up and down the Santa Cruz wharf and the Boardwalk couple of times trying to find a place to lay back and just enjoy everything, I always try to find a place where I can be in the sun and Robby can be in the shade. The weather was just so beautiful I didn't want to come home but the batteries on my chair were dying so I had to. As I came around the corner to my house I could see Seth standing on the porch, he is staying across the street again. He showed me the tattoo that he got the day before, it was amazing! From wrist to inside the elbow he had a lighthouse with the birth and death of his mom, such an awesome Memorial. I sat outside and enjoy the sun for a while and then came inside and watch TV until Rosa got here. Rosa put me to bed and I just couldn't keep my eyes open so I drifted a couple of times but of course somebody came in to wake me up each time

Friday went by pretty fast. Karen came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath and go back to bed for the day. I was going to get up but Daniel was going to come in at 3 PM to fix my chair and I didn't really have any party to come and put me to bed before for so I just decided to stay in bed, it's better than having Daniel come and fix my chair and I'm still in it. I just watched TV all day and rested. Lisa came in and fed Robby and I, water my plants and did some stuff out in the yard.

Saturday was a great day. Cindy came in and got me up and Robby and I went for a cruise through the lagoon, down W. Cliff Dr., to the end of the Santa Cruz wharf and back. On the way back we stopped to say hello to Vince and Margie at the Paradise hotdog stand, they sold it and tomorrow will be their last day before they hand over the keys so to speak. It's kind of sad because I just got to know them but they seemed really happy about it and that's all that matters. I got a text from a lady I met on Santa Cruz virtual yard sale was selling a really gorgeous bedroom set so I rushed back home because I couldn't read the text message with the glare of the sun and I wanted to get home before Omar left so he could go and get up for me. The lady said that she went out of town and won't be home until Wednesday evening so we can pick it up on Friday. Omar is almost finished with the bench and it looks amazing!  I didn't go back out to cruise around because I wanted to save my battery for the Santa Cruz derby girls bout. Lisa and  Riggy came over and the dogs play in the dark for a while and guess who ate cat poop? When Robby gets in the front yard he just won't listen to me, we really need to work on that. We have a really good time at the bout but I was exhausted when we got home, I'm used to going to bed at 4 PM and here is 9 PM… I'm getting so old. Theresa came in and put me to bed and I fell right to sleep. Robby woke me up at 2:30 AM wining and digging his claws into the floor so I had to call my mom to come down and the sooner she opened the door probably ran back to the dockyard and guess what? He had diarrhea and upset stomach from eating cat poop, I wish he could figure out that eating cat poop is making him sick. I need to have Omar build a fence around the front yard so Robby can't get in there.

Sunday was a pretty relaxing day. I was still really tired and Robby still wasn't feeling very good so I decided to stay in bed and let Robby rest. I was hoping to go down to the Santa Cruz wharf and say goodbye to Vince and Margie but I'm sure I will see them again.  Theresa came in and we did some personal care and of course a nice long hot bath. The last couple of weeks I have been so sleepy all the time, maybe I'm finally catching up on all the sleep I didn't get in past years?

1 comment:

betty said...

Poor Robbie! I hope he's feeling better by now and has learned his lesson not to eat cat poop. I think we are getting your hot weather, supposed to be 120 next week; not sure I'm ready for that!!! (we live in Phoenix now; closer to son and his family, including 4 month old grandson)