Tuesday, June 7, 2016

It looks like we are finally going to get some warmer weather this week…

 Monday was a really great day, Memorial Day! Karen came in, I'm so glad she is back from her two-week vacation! She had a really nice time but can never go again LOL just kidding. She brought me this really gorgeous blanket from Mexico, I think it's actually a tablecloth that it is definitely gorgeous and I love it. Of course I forgot to take a picture of it but I will. The weather was beautiful and everybody seemed to be in a great mood. Robby and I cruised through the lagoon and I got to take some close-up pictures of the new playground, the kids are going to enjoy it very much. I noticed that it had a fence around it which I am kind of thrilled that there's a possibility Lisa and I have somewhere to take the boys that's fenced in to play if there's nobody else using it. We cruised down Westwood Drive to the lighthouse Museum and then back down to the Santa Cruz wharf, I was laying back resting and this guy came up to say hello and wanted to say hello to Robby. He said he was from Reading and he was a fish and game warden here to help out for the Memorial Day weekend I also got to talk to Kevin, he is wharf security and he is usually busy so was nice to talk to him for a little bit. We cruised back down to the end of the wharf and stopped to say hello to Vince and Margie, they had a friend visiting so I didn't want to stay very long. Every time I see Vince he has an amazing story and I can just sit and listen to him all day long. I'm kind of sad that he sold his paradise hotdog stand that hopefully I will still be able to see them once in a while. On Saturday they have to do owners there but today they were they are by themselves. After I left and got home I saw on Facebook that James Durbin, his family and a friend stopped by paradise hotdogs to say hello to Vince, I love to listen to James Durbin. His cousins best friend has Robby's sister. We cruised on down through the boardwalk and back and then headed home. What a great day! Rosie came in and put me to bed and brought me some dinner, they barbecued… They are all such great cooks/barbecuers. Rosa went home to eat dinner and I just watched TV for a while. My mom went to the store and got some rotisserie chicken, some ribs, a couple different point of salad, some tater tots and a carrot cake so needless to say I ate way too much.

Tuesday was a pretty lazy day. Lisa came in and fed Robby and I and took my van to Santa Clara to get it fixed and cleaned up a little bit. I decided to stay in bed and relax, I couldn't keep my eyes open so I slept on and off all day. I got a call from mobility works, where Lisa took the van, and they said something on the door was broken and the kneel on my van was leaking fluid and that's why it wasn't working, they were going to order the parts and let me know when they come in so I can get my van fixed… $1800. Micah from Boger came by to see if he could figure out why my thermostat is not working with Amazon echo, he fixed it. He is such a sweet man. Lisa brought my van bad and took some pictures of my new baby praying mantis… I bought three little cocoons and two of them hatched. Rosa came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath. I just watched TV until I fell asleep.

 Wednesday was a really great day. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I took off for a really long cruise, we haven't been cruising around much so today we were going to make up for it. We cruised through the lagoon, through Bay St., Park and down W. Cliff Dr. The weather was so beautiful and the waves were gorgeous so we just kept on going almost all the way down to natural bridges beach. On my way back I noticed that the batteries on my chair were getting low so I was just going to head home but when I got to the end I forgot and just cruised on down to the Santa Cruz wharf. I got about halfway and remember that I was supposed to go home, by this time I had three red bars flashing and I was holding my breath all the way hoping I would make it home. I made it home. It was still pretty early so I thought about having my mom come down in charge my chair and go out again but I decided to just stay home and watch TV until Rosa came in. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I just relaxed the rest of the evening, watched some TV and started listening to one of my audible books.

Thursday was another great day. Karen came in and got me up and I cruised downtown for my appointment with Carol, my psychologist. The session went by really fast because I have a lot to say, including explaining to her why I missed my appointment the week before when Lisa took my van in to get fixed. After my appointment I cruised around downtown for a little bit and then Lisa texted me and said she was coming over. She took me to staff of life to do some shopping and then over to the nursery on River Street to see if they have half wine barrels for planting. They were all out so we decided to go to the nursery on Mission Street. We got all the way over to the second nursery and Lisa said "oh no, I left the stuff that we just bought in the cart at the other nursery" so I cruised around while she went back to see if the stuff we bought was still there… It was. They have a wine barrels but we didn't have enough room in the van so we got some plants and came back home. Rosa came in and put me to bed and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath.

Friday was another pretty good day. It supposed to start getting a little warmer out and I thought it was going to be pretty hot today so I wore a tunic dress with yoga pants, it was warm but not as warm as I thought it would be. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I cruised over to the Santa Cruz wharf and then down to my appointment at simply skin with Jennifer for my facial. I usually wear turtlenecks or dickies because I'm so self-conscious about all the little whiskers on my face and I have fuzz but since I have been saying Jennifer I don't have to worry about what people might see anymore, my face is really smooth and hair and fuzz free… What a great feeling. It used to be embarrassed because I have a lot of skin tags on my neck but I don't seem to have them anymore so I am ready for summer. After my appointment with Jennifer and cruised back home and watched TV for a while, it was too hot to go anywhere else. Theresa came in and put me to bed and my brother Stanley came down for the weekend, it is always so great to see him. My aunt came in to bring me some snap peas and radishes from her garden, a half of them that night and the other half I saved for Saturday night… They taste just like can be fresh out of the garden.

Saturday was kind of a bummer. Cindy came in but wasn't feeling good and kept getting dizzy so she decided to go home after she got me something to eat so I wasn't able to get up. I wanted to sleep but I ended up staying awake most of the day. I texted Theresa and asked her she would come in early so we could get everything done early and I can watch a movie and she did. We did some personal care and I took a nice long hot bath. My brother came in with a slice of pizza from Pizza Hut my heart called "figgie piggy" it had bacon and figs on it and it was awesome. I was eating when he brought it in but of course I had to have a bite. After she sent me up to my computer somebody came knocking at the door and Theresa said it was the police, when we didn't answer they came around to the back of the house and chorizo went outside to see what she wanted… It was Lexi. She graduated and became a CNA and she was taking some EMT and firefighter classes downtown with Alex and Aki at defib this. She looked so beautiful and so professional I could hardly recognize her. She is living back up on the hill with her father, my cousin… I think that makes her my second cousin? She calls me aunt and I have to say she is one of my favorite people. She visited for a while and then she had to go but promised that she would be back to run Robby on the dog Beach. Theresa left and right it down for a bit and I can see something in the surveillance cameras out of the corner of my eye. I looked up and I saw a lady looking in my bedroom window and I thought she was going to walk up to the door but she just looked around on the back porch. I brought up the cameras and looked at her and she didn't look familiar but before I could call anybody to go look she left. I can see her coming and going and looking around my porch, it was a pretty good shot of her. I posted it on the neighborhood watch site and looked up Santa Cruz police online and make a report and told them I had the videos if anybody wanted to come and see them. I mom and my brother went out and looked around but she was long gone, luckily she didn't take anything.

Sunday I was just exhausted, and couldn't keep my eyes off of the cameras all night so I just decided to stay in bed and rest. There was a lot going on here in Santa Cruz but mostly I was disappointed because I didn't get to go downtown and watch the pride Parade or go to the pride after party, last year I had so much fun. Cindy came in and put me on my side and although I was really tired and could not sleep. Theresa came in and got Robby and I something to eat and set me back up to my computer.

1 comment:

betty said...

Summer is upon us with the warm weather; we had 114 plus here over the weekend! Seems like you had a good week!