Tuesday, May 17, 2016

It's like to be a busy and awesome summer…

Monday was a really great day. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I went for a long cruise through the lagoon, through Bay St., Park, down W. Cliff Dr. and to the end of the Santa Cruz wharf and back home. It was starting to get a little bit too cold for me but it was such a beautiful cruise. When I got home Omar was here to see if the cement was dry on the barbecue he's building so he could stain it, it was dry. He came in and replaced my thermostat so now I can use it with Amazon echo. Rosa came in and put me to bed and then went home, she had a really bad headache. I got a friend request on Facebook and it was such a nice surprise, my neighbor from when I lived in Los Banos. Ever since I moved away we have been sending Christmas cards to each other but now we can really keep in touch and I'm so excited. A lot of the neighbors that you mentioned I couldn't recall but as the evening went on the memories came rushing back, what an amazing feeling!





Tuesday went by really fast even though I stayed in bed. Lisa came in and fed Robby and I, took my van over to ocean Honda to get the oil changed and all that other good stuff… It has been almost a year since I have taken it in for anything. She came back and helped Omar place everything in the barbecue station outside, it looks amazing! Rosa came in and we did some personal care and a shower. I was out before she left.



Wednesday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up, we ended up having to do some more personal care but I got to take a nice long hot bath… It felt great! She got me dressed and in my chair and I headed down to our support group at Dominican Rehab, it's the second Wednesday of the month every month. When it first started there was only three people and I was wondering if we were going to have to stop having them again, I really hope not. By the end of the support group there was a people when I was so excited, unfortunately I had to leave early because after waiting a month the parts for my chair finally came in and Daniel was at my house to fix my chair, my point was at 3:30 PM but apparently the lady in the office told him 2:30 PM so I rushed home and luckily he agreed to wait so I finally got my chair fixed… What a huge relief that is. Karen came in to put me to bed and give Rosa the evening off. Omar came in again and my thermostat was not working so he plugged it in to charge it and we will figure it out in the morning.





Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I took off for downtown for my appointment with Carol. After my appointment with Carol I cruised through New Leaf market to see if they have the lactose-free yogurt, coffee Cremer and cheese my dietitian suggested I get, They did. I cruise on down for my facial appointment with Jennifer at simply skin, I really love what she does and the way she does it. I texted Lisa to come and pick me up because I wanted to check out Staff of Life market, I have cruised through there a few times but I wanted to see if they also on everything I need and they did… I love this place. This is definitely going to be my new favorite place to shop. I found some cashew cheese and it tasted pretty good, I had some on the crackers that my dietitian suggested and it tastes kind of like mustard. I also found some rotisserie chicken thighs, my favorite. We dropped off the front of my hard brace at Hanger prosthetics and we dropped off the paperwork Dr. Owens needs to sign so I can go back to Cabrillo College. Lisa brought me home and fixed me a snack of crackers, hard cheese and oysters. Rosa came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, a shower just never feels as good.






Friday was a pretty good day. I thought about staying in bed but I just couldn't do it, I just wanted to cruise around and get my mind off of things. I'm glad I got up because it turned out to be a really great day. Robby and I went for a cruise through the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive, down to the end of the Santa Cruz wharf and back and down to the end of the boardwalk and back. We cruise on home and Omar was changing out the switches in my house, soon I will be able to run everything from my Amazon echo… As soon as I figure out how to program everything that is. I don't get it right now but I know as soon as I get it it will be a lot easier to do and I won't be so frustrated. Theresa came in and put me to bed and Stanley and Janet came for a visit, my mom, Janet and I played cribbage… It had been a while but it was fun. My childhood friend Sheri messaged me and said she was going to be in San Jose for a couple of days and wanted to come to Santa Cruz to visit on Saturday for the day, it has been a while since I had seen her and I was really excited!

























Saturday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and got me up and although it took a while to get me comfortable she did it, I had cauliflower rice the night before and I was so bloated I couldn't get comfortable. Sheri came by and we visited for a while and then went for a nice long walk through the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive and over to the paradise hotdog stand to say hello to Vince and Margie. It was really nice to see them and we visited for a while and he gave me a CD of his band, a little gummy hotdog, a sticker and gave Robby a hot dog… His first hot dog ever and he was in heaven. Robby will never forget that, every time we go by now he's going to freak out. We came back home and Janet, Sheri and I went out to have some Thai food… It was awesome! We came back home and Sheri had to take off to go back to San Jose, it sure was great to see her and be able to catch up a little bit. I hung out with Janet for a while and then my aunt came over to say hello. Theresa came in and put me to bed but then she wasn't feeling good so she went home.












Sunday was a really boring day. Cindy came in and put me on my side, I was afraid to get up because I had a feeling that Theresa was going to call in sick and I didn't want to be stuck, Rosa and Cindy and plans and Karen was gone for two weeks so I figured I had better stay in bed. Sure enough at 10 minutes after three and get the text from Theresa saying that she's not coming in, I have asked the girls I don't know how many times that you wake up in the morning and you don't feel well please let me know then so that I don't get up and have nobody to put me to bed. I told her I had nobody and I told her I need somebody that I can count on, I can't live in fear of getting up and then not having anybody to put me back to bed… It's just not fair. I never got an answer from her so I don't know whether she is coming in this weekend or not, hopefully at some point during the week she will text me and let me know. This weekend is the weekend with my friends, they're coming over here to correct Italian food and then we're going to the Derby girls. I got a hold of Rosa and she said that she would come over and set me back up, I can always count on Rosa and Cindy. Rose again in and set me up and then Stanley BBQed some steaks, baked potatoes and asparagus on my new barbecue… He also had some really fresh killer bread. After we ate Stanley and Janet took off for home and I was pretty much out for the evening.

1 comment:

betty said...

The barbecue looks great! Glad you were able to spend some time with your friend too, sounds like a great week!

Betty