Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Another busy and exciting week…

Monday Was a pretty good day. Lisa came in, Karen is offered to weeks, and got me up and we boxed up all of my drills, chargers and batteries to send to David in Georgia. The batteries kept dying and David suggested that I just get a drill with a cord so I don't have to worry about having a battery charged when it needs to be used… He is so smart. Unfortunately while we were gathering them up we gathered at one of Omar's battery and charger and sent it along to Georgia also, I didn't even think about it. Lisa took me to bed Bath and beyond to order a cabinet I saw there when I went with my mom and my brother that would look great in my bathroom. I also picked up a beanbag toss game that was on clearance. We stopped off at Dr. Owen's office to drop off my paperwork so I can go back to Cabrillo College and came on home. Omar was working on the barbecue area but came in the house to try to install the Nest thermostat so I can use it with voice commands with Amazon Echo. I started feeling really sick and my stomach was making some loud gurgling noises so I had to chase everybody out. Rosa came in and put me to bed and personal care was really rough and took a long time, I was exhausted. Thank goodness I got to take a nice long hot bath. After we got back to bed the gas and bloating started again and we had to do another round of personal care.  My stomach continued to gurgle all night long.

Tuesday was a pretty good day. Lisa came in and got me up and my other friend Lisa came by with her service dog Rigs to pick us up for our appointment, once a year they give free eye exams to service dogs and Lisa signed us up. Everybody there was so nice and it was nice to have somebody to do stuff with, we have so much in common including amazing service dogs that really love each other. Everything went great and we cruised back to my house and hung out for a while before Lisa and Rigs went home. Rosa came in and we ended up doing personal care again and it was just as bad as the night before, the gas and bloating was ridiculous. I did get to take another nice long hot bath.

Wednesday was an okay day. I didn't even try to get out of bed, my stomach was gurgling again all day and I kept getting hot and then cold flashes. I called in an electrician to give me an estimate for putting up all of my new smart switches and while they were here they just went ahead and did it. They changed out eight switches, it was really nice to get that done. They couldn't help me out with the thermostat but they gave me the name on the furnace so I called and left them a message. It's going to be so nice when I can control my environment again. I get a little anxious and frustrated trying to learn new systems but I think this is that it be a good one and last a long time. Rosa came in and got me something to eat and then went home until after my massage and then she came back and set me back up in bed. Susan came in and gave me a really nice, long, relaxing massage. I actually fell asleep.

Thursday was a nice relaxing day. Lisa came in and Got me up and Robby and I took off downtown for my appointment with the psychologists. I couldn't wait for the appointment to be over because I'm so excited about going to Home Depot. Lisa and I cruised over to get some spray paint so I could paint my screen doors so people won't walk into them, I got some really cool nautical stencils. Rosa came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath.

Friday was a pretty good day. Lisa came in and got me up and we took off for our errands. We went to the Buttery to pick up the carrot cake, they make the BEST carrot cake ever. We cruised over to staff of life to get some dairy free yogurt, coffee creamer and salsa. We brought the cake back home so it would have ruined or stolen and then we headed off to Costco, one of my favorite places to go. It was pretty packed inside but we got what we needed and check out always goes by pretty fast. We got back here and while Lisa put everything away and took Robby for a cruise over to the Santa Cruz Wharf and back. By that time it was time for Theresa to come in, she put me to bed and got Robby and I something to eat and then went home.

Saturday was an awesome day.  Cindy came in and got me up and Omar came by to do some more work on the barbecue area, it looks so amazing!  My friend Elizabeth, her husband Marshall, a couple of their friends and Lisa came over for dinner, cake… It was Marshall's birthday. After we ate we went over to watch the Derby girls bout, everybody loved it. I just love to turn people on to the Derby girls because I love them so much. I decided to leave Robby at home but I don't know why, I should've just brought him. I'm always nervous when we are running late because I don't want there to be any problems. From now on I'm just going to take him. We came back and hung out for a while and then Theresa came in to put me to bed, I was once watched TV all night because I didn't plan on getting up in the morning but I fell asleep.

Sunday I was exhausted so I decided to just stay in bed and I am glad I did, it was such a nice relaxing day. Theresa came in early and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath and we were done early so I watch TV the rest of the evening.

1 comment:

betty said...

That was nice for that group of people to do eye exams for service dogs. Looked like a fun birthday party for Marshall too! I'm sure pretty soon the tourists will be invading your town! Can't believe summer is almost upon us.