Monday, December 14, 2015

Two more weeks until Christmas...

Monday was pretty much a bust. Karen came in and got me dressed and up in my chair and the tilt system on my chair was not working so back to bed, I can't be in my chair without the tilt ability because I will develop a pressure sore… I tilt back 15 minutes every hour. The last time Daniel came out to fix my chair he had all of the parts except for the actuator and according to the display on the screen it's the actuator. I called them to see if they could put a rush on it but they never do, I'll have to wait a few days and probably call them back. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and I've been looking forward to for a long time, it's to get a new torso brace, and Wednesday is our support group and I really don't want to miss that. I was so frustrated all day.

Tuesday turned out to be a surprisingly Great day! I got in my chair and it tilted back. My plan was to get in my chair and go to my appointment and then come straight back and get back to bed, if I cannot tilt back I couldn't have big problems with Pressure sores. Lisa came in and got me up and took me over to hanger prosthetics so Tom can help me out with a torso brace, he ended up giving me two options so I am excited. He cut down my hard brace and also ordered me in wraparound torso brace that's longer. My chair wasn't acting up so we decided to go to Cosco and get a wreath and and did up with two and five Poinsettia plants. I came back and the guy was here to deliver my new 3-D TV, luckily Omar was here and he's going to hook it up on Thursday… I am so excited!! Since I was so comfortable and my chair was working I decided to go and take Robby for a cruise and I'm so glad that I did because it was so beautiful and deserted. I got back home and there was a phone call from numotion saying that a part for my chair hasn't come in yet AND the technician won't be back until the end of this month, just when I think this company can't surprise me anymore… I call them about 2  months ago, I think it's longer but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, and told them exactly what my chair said on the display window but they have to send somebody out anyway and a month later I called them to find out what the holdup was and I was told they have the parts and they're waiting for payment... Why didn't they phone me?? This is usually how it goes… I get tired I'm waiting for them so I called them and they tell me" we got the parts and we're just waiting for You to pay so we can schedule a time to have the parts installed" I'm just so frustrated with them. Rosa came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath.

Wednesday was a great day. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I cruise over to our monthly support group at Dominican rehab. A friend that I met online, actually a friend that Roger introduced me to online, was in the lobby waiting for me. I have been talking to Lisa once Facebook for several months and it was so nice to finally meet her in person, she is just as sweet and funny as I knew she would be. She got word the other day that she's going up to Santa Rosa at the end of January to get her CCI Service dog and she is so excited, I am excited for her. There was only about six people showed up at the support Group well we had a really nice time and it went by really fast, it has been every week and it's very exciting. After the support I visited with Lisa and then Roger before I headed back home. I came home and rested for a bit because I'm afraid to tilt back in my chair in case I can't get it to go back upright again. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I fell asleep almost immediately.

Thursday was up pretty good day. I got up and went to my appointment with my psychologist and came back for my appointment with Kay to get my hair done but I was afraid the tilt on my chair would go out again while I had bleach in my hair and ruined it so I rescheduled… thanks Numotion. I took Robby for a cruise through the Lagoon, Down in W. Cliff Dr. And back, Down to the wharf and back and then home. Omar was installing my new TV in my room, I got one of those 3-D TVs on sale after Thanksgiving. He installed it and got it going no problem, except we have to figure out where to plant in the Bose surround sound System but that shouldn't be a problem. Karen's boyfriend got the same one so hopefully it will be ready to go soon. Rosa came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath.

Friday was a pretty good day even though I ended up staying in bed. The guys came to install my new Rolling screen doors, one on the front door everyone on my door in my room going outside, it looks great and Is going to be so nice to be able to have the screens so the bugs can't get in. I watched a movie about Amy Winehouse's Life. Theresa came in and fed Robby and I and gave me a shower, I know I just had one last night but I need to wash my hair so why not??

Saturday was a really great day, so good to get out and the waves were amazing. Cindy came in and got me up and I took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive and back and down to the end of the wharf and back, unfortunately I couldn't go any further because it was time for me to tilt back in my chair and because it doesn't always work I can't chance doing it in public and getting stuck, at least if I'm at my house so that he can still get me out of my chair… This really sucks! Omar was rearranging my TVs and fixing the cords so you can see them because they are a huge mess. I am so thankful that he was here when I got back because my chair almost fell over backwards when I went to get you the threshold of my door, it wasn't that bad getting out when coming in is a pretty big step even over the ramp that I have. If Omar had gone home I would've been stuck outside with my chair tipped over. He helped me get into the front door, this step is not as tall there, and she went down to the hardware store and got the stock to build me a higher ramp for the back door. I swear that man can do anything and I'm so thankful for him. I can't wait to try it out and see how it works. Theresa came in and put me to bed and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath and relaxed the rest of the evening.

Sunday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in to feed Robby and I and that's about it, it's already raining really hard so I'm not even going to try to get up. Cindy opened the blinds and the Windows so I could watch it rain, the best sound in the world. I watched Ricki and the flash, I love Meryl Streep and Rick Springfield… It was a good movie but really short. I also watched Shaun the sheep movie, both movies were short. Theresa came in and we did some personal care and I took a shower. Just as Theresa was leaving my brother came in, he came down to stayed for a couple of days so I talked to him for a while.

1 comment:

betty said...

Love all the pictures of Christmas decorations and trees and glad to see that Robbie was a good doggie :) Also glad that Omar was there to help you! Very thankful for that indeed! I never heard of a 3-D TV, but it seems neat. We were going to rent that movie over the weekend with Meryl Streep but we rented Man from Uncle instead (it was okay, not good, not bad, just okay).