Tuesday, December 22, 2015

It's almost Christmas…

 Monday was a really good day. Karen came in and got me up and I took Robby for a really long cruise, somebody told me the waves on Westcliff Drive will really amazing so we started cruising and just couldn't turn around and come back… It was so awesome! There wasn't a lot of people so we just kind of got lost in the view. I didn't want to come back but Kay was coming over at 2:30 PM to do my hair so we turned around. She did my hair a little bit lighter, I think it's what I wanted right now. We didn't cut it because I want to let it grow a little bit and see how it feels. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I feel right sleep.

Tuesday was another pretty good day. Lisa came in and got me up and took me to my urology appointment, they had so many adorable Christmas decorations and when I asked I found out that the daughter of somebody there made them so I got her number. I made an appointment because my bladder was leaking, of course that was two weeks ago but this was the area's appointment I could get. Since I was there she did a bladder scope and said that everything looked okay. When we came into the building there was this amazing smell of coffee, they now have coffee stations at the hospital. Lisa and I got some coffee and some shortbread. We came home and she agreed to help me clean out the front bedroom, I have a hunch in that people have been stashing stuff in for eight years so we cleaned that out and got rid of a lot of stuff and made room for more stuff. Rosa came in and put me to bed, we did some personal care and of course a nice long hot bath… I was out.

Wednesday was another great day.  Karen came in and I was going to get up but we started cleaning out my closet and I wanted to finish that, we ended up getting rid of a bunch of clothes and it actually felt great… I thought it was going to hurt a lot. The part for my chair finally came in so Elvis came over to install it, Daniel was on vacation. Rosa came in and fed Robby and I and then Claudia came over to play cribbage with my mom and I, it was so great to see her and to play cribbage again… I hope we can get back to playing once a week again. Towards the end of the game I could just barely keep my eyes open, I hope that nobody noticed.

Thursday was a really good day. Karen came in and got me up and I headed off to my appointment with my psychologist, I had all good things to say because it had been a great week. It was so beautiful when I got out of my appointment I didn't want to come home so I decided to cruise downtown and to cost plus, I just love looking at everything they have. I decided to go over to Ross and of course I found a bunch more of those thin shirts that are supposed to keep you really warm, I bought a couple pairs of their leggings to see how they work. I usually don't like to go by myself but I need to start doing it so I found a way to knock the shirts off with the hangar and then I just hope it falls in my lap if not that's where Robby comes in handy. Well I that will be couldn't reach I asked the lady to help me put them all on my lap, she misunderstood and try to put them all back on the rods where they were hanging… I finally got her to understand and everything else went pretty smooth until we couldn't find a place to hang the bag, I usually keep a large bag on the back of my chair let somebody keeps taking it off. It was one of those paper bags with the twisted twine handle so they put it on my arm which worked fine until they started slipping off of my lap and getting really heavy. About halfway home I looked down and didn't see the Robby's vest and panicked, that's where my credit card and all of my cash was so now what do I do? I went to turn around and noticed that Robby's vest had slipped around to the front of him but was still attached… What a huge relief. I made it home and to the back porch and then let the bag fall on the ground… I did it!! I just have to remember to always make sure there's a huge cloth bag on the back of my chair. I rested for a bit and then Rosa came in and put me to bed so we can do some personal care and take a nice long hot bath.

 Friday was another great day. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I cruised down to Hanger prosthetics to pick up my new torso brace, it looks like it's going to be perfect. I cruised back home and rested for a bit and then Karen took off the bag with the brace and put on a bag of old checkbooks that I needed to take up to get pulverized, it's very exciting doing everything for myself. I came back home and Theresa put me to bed and I just rested for the rest of the evening.

Saturday was a good day but a little cold, I wore one of my hot hands ear warmers but it's two types to wear with glasses so I can see very well… That's probably not good but my ears were warm. We cruised through the lagoon, through  Bay St., Park and down Westcliff Drive and back, every time I don't have on my Google glass is always beautiful and I wish I could take pictures. I probably have thousands of pictures of the same thing but it's so beautiful I just want to take pictures each time. I cruised down to the wharf and tilted back and just enjoy the sunshine and the view, it's so beautiful here. We cruised back and rested for a bit before Theresa came in to put me to bed, we did some personal care and of course a nice long hot bath.

Sunday was a good day. I decided to stay in bed because it's just too cold. Cindy came in and fed Robby and I and took Robby for a nice long cruise. The rest of the day I just stayed warm and watch TV, it was kind of nice. Theresa came in and we did some personal care and a nice relaxing long hot bat.  Just as I got back into bed after my bath David and Melissa got here, talk about perfect timing… We visited for a while and then David, Melissa and I watched trading places… I love that movie.

1 comment:

betty said...

Good for you, Tammie, getting out and doing things for yourself :) A great feeling of accomplishment!! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!!!!