Monday, October 5, 2015

Family visiting…

Monday was a pretty good day, I'm so glad that the weather is getting a little nicer. I got up and hung around with my family for a while and then to Robby for a short cruise before we went to go see Dr. Shuman. When I took him Saturday the scale said he was 77 pounds and when I took him today and said he weighed 8 pounds, it doesn't seem right. Dr. Shuman said to keep him on the painkillers and muscle relaxers for the rest of this week and see how he's doing, I thought he was doing better but when I took him out to go potty he sat down to scratch his bottom lip and I can tell that it hurt because he was whining.  we cruised back home and we all decided to go down to the little Mexican restaurant for dinner, I love that place and everyone we take there seems to like it also. Seth came over and we decided to see if I could play ping-pong and he hooked me up with a paddle and I think if we had more time I could have done better, just as we got it figured out Rosa came to put me to bed but I'm glad that I can't do it… I just need a lot more practice. Anyway it was fun! Rosa came in and put me to bed and  I got to meet her husband, such a sweet man. Seth and I watched Mad Max on pay-per-view, very weird movie.

Tuesday was a pretty good day also.  Lisa came in to get me dressed and we waited for Andrei and Jack to come by and look at my back rest. I had Karen come in because she's usually the one that gets me situated in my chair and I wanted her here to help explain things to the guys, also they started decorating for Halloween. They agreed that the back rest was a mess and decided to think about it and see what they could do. I really trust these two guys. I decided to just go back to bed and get my butt in rest while Karen and Lisa decorated the inside and Omar painting more of the fence, everything looks awesome! After everybody left Andrei called me and said that ham and Todd are coming over next Monday to see if they can bend the back rest a little, I lost some weight, or whatever they need to do to make it fit. I can always count on Andrei!

Wednesday turn out to be a lazy day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and I got up but wasn't feeling very good all so I went back to bed and pretty much slept the whole day. Rosa came in and gave me a nice long hot bath and I went back to bed and slept all night also.

Thursday was an awesome day, and today I have been waiting for for a long time… Doobie Brothers at the Mountain Winery!! Karen came in and got me up in my Doobie Brothers outfit and I took Robby for a nice long cruise because I knew it wouldn't be a good idea to take him, it's too loud and usually too many intoxicated people. I came back and we had some food from the Costco food court, I had a chicken bake. We left early because we anticipated a lot of traffic but there really wasn't any until we got to Saratoga, we could tell the concert was going to be packed. It was nice to help the time to talk to Stanley, my brother, and Kelly, my cousin. It was so nice and relaxing. The concert was amazing, I love the Doobie Brothers so much. I wasn't really thrilled with our seats because we were directly on the side of them but we were there… I waited to get tickets until I found somebody to go with so I think next year I'm just going to get the tickets and then find somebody, there's two or three groups that I would like to see. We came back home and Rosa came in to put me to bed. I ran into Roger from Dominican rehab and Bob, I met Bob a couple of times but I see him everywhere on his bike. Can you tell I got my Google Glass back?? I have a lot of time to make up for it…

Friday was another amazing day. My uncle Ronnie, aunt Patty, Richard and Ellen, Stanley and Kelly and I went out to eat at Oaktree Ristorante and then went to Big Basin, I haven't been there since I was really young and I was so excited. I have been to this restaurant three times now and is always excellent food, I had fish tacos. Not only was big basin beautiful but the weather was perfect, it brought back so many memories of visiting there when I was a kid.

Saturday I ended up staying in bed, I was really exhausted. My uncle and aunt had something to do and Stanley was going to try out Uber in this area so I figured it was the perfect opportunity to stay in bed and rest. Before Cindy left I got her put me on my side to get my butt a rest. After a couple of hours I started sweating and feeling miserable so I got my mom come down and straighten out my legs, that usually helps. Instead of helping it just made it worse… Chills, headache… full on autonomic dysreflexia. I always seem to know when there is something wrong but for some reason I always think it's like to go away, it didn't go away and I kept ignoring it so by the time Theresa came in I was soaked… I swear next time I'm going to the attention to the signs. We did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath.

Sunday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and got me up and I went for a really long cruise with Robby and Seth downtown, to the end of the wharf where we ran into Chuck and Terri and back into the end of the boardwalk and back, the weather was perfect. everybody was in such a great and it was nice to stop periodically and talk to people. We came back home and rested for a bit and then Theresa came in and put me to bed and I was out. No pictures because both my phone and my Google glass were dead.


betty said...

How fun with the concert, Tammie! Looked like it was a nice time! I am glad you got your Google Glass back; I always enjoy looking at your pictures. I am not sure I want to see the Mad Max movie; my hubby is into movies like that; I usually get bored halfway through them. Great Halloween decorations too!


susie said...

8 pounds?? Skinny dog! ;)

I like your concert outfit!