Monday, December 22, 2014

I can't believe Christmas is just over a week away…

 Monday was an okay day, at least it went by fast. I was going to get a and go for a cruise it was pouring rain outside and when I looked at the weather it said it was going to rain all day so I said it's just a bed. Karen came in and brought me a turquoise infinity scarf, it looked so more and it was so soft and an awesome mug… I forgot to take a picture. She is going to Mexico with her boyfriend to visit his grandma, they went last June and have a lot of fun and she took some really cool pictures.  Karen finished decorating the Christmas tree and it looks great. Teresa came over to borrow my fax and she went and got us some barbecue from up the hill, and heard it was really great and it had good reviews on yelp so we have been wanting to try it… It was amazing! We will definitely be going back. Rosa came in and have dinner with us and then turned me so I wasn't on my side anymore, it's always so nice to get back on my butt.


Tuesday was a little disappointing. It was raining when Lisa got here and I looked at the weather it was supposed to be cloudy and rainy off and on so I decided to stay in bed… The sun came out and it was a beautiful day. My house is already for Christmas and Lisa took a couple more Christmas pictures of Robby. Rossi came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a shower, it felt so good.



 Wednesday was a great day. Karen is off for a couple of weeks so Teresa is going to be coming in in the morning. The insurance carrier for the lady that hit me back in September finally called me this morning, it's about time. She took a statement and said she was going to talk to the lady that hit me and work everything out, she said it might take several months, with Medicare. I took Bobby for a cruise and met Teresa down at Ross, I thought it was going to be a lot more crowded than it was. I got some gift baskets for the girls, they actually have some pretty cool stuff there. After that we went over to world market, even cooler stuff there. I swear I love that place! I was going to meet Kelly at the farmers market but it started sprinkling so I figured I should just go home before it starts raining. I got home and we decided to go to the little Mexican restaurant a couple blocks down, their food is so good… I always get a vegetable quesadilla which is actually a lot thicker than a taco. Rosa came in and put me to bed and Kelly and I watched the movie Tammy, it was hilarious.

Wednesday was a great day! Teresa got me up and Robby and I cruised over to the lagoon with Kelly and Bailey, it was so beautiful and so nice to be out and about again. We came back to drop off Bailey and grab my Google Glass, I can't believe I forgot it. We cruised over to the wharf  and took some pictures, some guy was making a beautiful pattern in the sand. The sun came out a couple times but it was mostly cloudy and so gorgeous.  We stopped by to see the progress on the new restaurant is going in, it looks like it's going to be so awesome. The windows were still covered up by Kelly reached up and took a picture. We went to Stagnaro's on the wharf and had a really great lunch. Kelly had Linguine and Clams and I decided to try calamari Parmesan over polenta, it was so good I want to eat the whole thing but I only ate half. We cruised down to the end of the wharf, went inside one of the shops to look around… The lady in there gave Robby one of their locally baked organic treats, needless to say he loved it. We cruised back home and I rested for a while and that Rosa came in to put me to bed. Such a great day!

















Friday was another day of rest in bed. Teresa came in and turned me on my side and finish wrapping the Christmas presents, she makes it look so good I don't want to give them away… The visiting nurse came and said that everything looked great and I am on the mend. They come by once a week for maybe another month or so and then I have released, I can get up before then but they have to keep coming until it's completely closed. Teresa pretty much stayed here all day and we did some personal care and I got to take a shower, not as good as a bath but I will take it. I didn't have an evening caregiver.  My cousin Rich, Sue and her two boys and Alexia came to visit and tell us that Rich and Sue got engaged! Such exciting news, I really like Sue a lot, so does Rich's family, she is so good for them.

Saturday turned out to be a pretty good day. I morning caregiver is about an hour and a half late but actually that turned out to be a good thing because it was going to be a really long night. I got up and took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon, through Depot Park, to the end of the wharf and back and to the end of the boardwalk and back with Google Glass of course. Rosa invited Teresa and I to her Las Posadas celebration at her house but by the time Teresa got here my whole body, what I can feel of it, was itching like crazy and my bottom lip was swollen and warm so I decided to just take a couple of Benadryl and go to bed, I was really curious and really wanted to go. Teresa put me to bed and finished wrapping the last of the presents and digest watched TV for the rest of the evening.


























Sunday was a pretty good day. I could have gotten up but I decided to stay in bed and get my finger nails done for Christmas, Lisa always do such a great job but I forgot to have her take a picture… I'll have Teresa do it later. I feel much better after last night but I'm still a little groggy and slept on and off most of the day. Teresa came in and did some personal care and I got to take a shower over the bathtub, I can't wait until I can take a nice long hot bath… It looks like it might be next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I especially like your cloud photos.

betty said...

Ick with whatever made you itch Tammie; glad the Benadryl seemed to do the trick though. Glad too that you finally heard from the insurance company, ridiculous that it is taking them so long to get this resolved! Your Christmas trees look so very festive as well as the rest of the decorations. Always great pictures with the Google Glass!

I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!!

I am moving to Arizona next week, to Prescott; hubby got a job there that he will start after the new year. I'm probably going to be off line for a few days until things get settled, so if I miss your post next week, you'll know why!

Happy New Year too!

betty