Tuesday, November 11, 2014

I think the weather is finally cooling down again…

 Monday I ended up staying in bed again. I was really cold, they couldn't get rid of this chill but my body was sweating so the more I sweat the colder I get because of the cold air and I just don't know what to do… That happens every once in a while, I guess it's just part of the joy of being a quadriplegic. Omar came by and went to get the Halloween boxes out of storage, would you believe that on the way back some guy really did him? I thought we were done with this but I guess not. It's not that bad but I will check it out and see what I need to do. Luckily he got a picture of the guy's drivers license and his insurance information, we to go Omar! He took down most of the hanging stuff and cleaned out as much as he could and tomorrow Teresa and Lisa will box everything back up and on Wednesday on marble take it back over to storage. While he was there he grabbed the Thanksgiving decorations so that will give the girls something to do in case I'm stuck in bed next week also. Rosie came in and got Robby and I something to eat, that's pretty much it…

Tuesday was another day stuck in bed but luckily it went by fast. I had a different visiting nurse come in and she was also really nice. The social worker also came in today again and hooked me up with an independent living center and a women's center not too far from here, hopefully they can help me with my social anxiety and some other stuff. Lisa and Teresa put away somewhere of that Halloween decorations and Lisa planted some plants that I had in the water fountain that I used to help beside my house, I haven't seen it in person yet but she took pictures and it looks pretty cool.  Rosa came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a shower, I miss my baths but I'll take a shower and a day.

 Wednesday was a great day. Susan had a sore throat so wasn't able to come over for my massage and the physical therapist from VNA was supposed to come around 10 AM and he called and said he would be there around 11:30 AM I agree but then call him back because I wanted to get up. He said he would be there earlier but got there around 11:30 AM anyway. I got up and took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon, through the park on Bay Street and down Westcliff Drive to the second dog beach and back. I paused a long beside to lean back in my chair in amazement, I just can't believe how beautiful it is and I feel like I could sit there all day. I didn't stay as long as I wanted because I wanted to go down to the end of the wharf and check the progress on the extension of the patio at the Boardwalk. I got down to the wharf and they had ripped out part of the parking lot that has the curb cuts and I could have went around but I decided to just come on home and rest for a bit, my driving arm was getting tired and I was getting a little warm out. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I was able to just relax and watch TV the rest of the evening. It really was a great day.

Thursday was a great day. I got up and Kay came over and touched up my roots and cut my hair, I wanted to go really short so I can start wearing hats and scarves. I have all of my scarves and hats hanging on the back of the bedroom door and it's getting so heavy that the doors are closing right which, I have one of those shoe storage cloth bags hanging on the back of the door, I found another way to hang them on Pinterest that hopefully won't weigh as much… Get rid of some of my scarves and hats you say? That's ridiculous LOL. I went over to pet smart to cruise around with Robby and try to get him to be better at ignoring other dogs and people who look like they have treats in their hands, he just can't control himself but he's getting better. We cruised back down the reservoir and came on home. We rested for a bit and then Rosa came with her puppy to wish Robby a happy birthday. Karen made him a puppy peanut butter cake at three separate candles on it, put Robby's birthday hat on and we sang happy birthday to him and he got some cake… Robby was seven today. The cake smelled really good but nobody had the nerve to try it except Robby, we sent a piece home with Rosa for her dog. Rosa did some personal care and I got to take a bed bath, think goodness she's thorough because I really hate bed baths. Teresa did the payroll and then went home because she wasn't feeling good after getting her flu shot.

 Friday was an okay day, at least it went by fast. Karen came in and turned me on my site for a while until the visiting nurse came. It seems like I stay in bed for several days and I get up one or two days and my pressure sore is open again, I'm getting so frustrated. It didn't look that bad this morning but I think I'll stay in bed until Monday just in case, my lift broke anyway so Bill from South Bay mobility came by to look at it and said he had to order a part and it probably wouldn't be in until Monday or Tuesday. The rest of the day I just relaxed and watched TV. Shawna came in at 4 PM and took Robby for a little cruise somewhere and I don't have to feel guilty about him not getting any exercise. My older brother Stanley came down from Modesto for the weekend, of course it's always great to see him. We ordered some pizza from upper crust pizza and it was pretty good, I got gluten-free with sausage, pineapple and roasted garlic. For some reason I started getting chills and sweating, I hate when that happens and I can't figure out what's going on. I hope it just goes away.

Saturday was a pretty boring day. I still felt really bad, sweating, chills and a headache so when Lisa came in we did some personal care and I felt a lot better… What a huge relief. I laid on my side for most of the day and then sat up and I got to spend some time alone with my older brother, we haven't done that for a long time. He's so funny and smart and I just love talking to him, we get a long way better than we did when we were younger… he was always such a tease. Shawna came in and took the sheet off of Robby's bed and use the lint roller and rolled all of the hair off, there sure was a lot of hair. The rest of the evening I watched intervention and just relaxed.

Sunday was a pretty good day. I didn't get out, my lift is still broken, but my brother made the killer breakfast… Bacon and cheese omelette, roasted mini potatoes and toast with my favorite cinnamon spread, I swear that cinnamon spread has crack in it and I am addicted. Lisa was going to do some more work on the fairy garden, my fountain that she turned into a fairy garden, but she couldn't find the dirt so she made a succulent ball.

1 comment:

betty said...

Happy belated birthday to Robby; I can't believe he is 7 years old already! I liked all the pictures of your decorations, Tammie! It is cooling down here too; nice to get a little fall weather :)