Sunday, October 5, 2014

I thought summer was over but it's heating back up again…

 Monday was a nice relaxing day. I ended up staying in bed again because my arms are hurting and they're just really tense, I was hoping the physical therapist would call me today. I watched a couple of movies, one of them was Blended and the other one was think like a man too, I liked both of them very much. My mom and Kelly went over to chipotle, my new favorite thing from their is just lettuce, sofritas and cheese. I called Numotion to see if they could have somebody come out and look at my chair, the left lateral is tweaked and it's making a weird whining sound.

Tuesday was a great day. It is so nice to be out and about after being stuck in bed for two days. Lisa came in and got me up and since my van was still in the shop she said she would meet me up at Safeway so I can get some muscle relaxers that Dr. Owens prescribed for me. When I got up there they said that they wouldn't be ready for another hour so that I would cruise around for a little bit and then go back and pick them up. I cruised down Westcliff Drive to the lighthouse and down to the end of the wharf and back and my battery was almost dead so I decided to just come on home. Teresa dropped off some food from Charlie Hong Kong's and then went up to get my prescription. Rosa came in and put me to bed we did some personal care and of course a nice long hot bath.

Wednesday was another great day, I am just loving this weather even though we need the rain. I put my Google glass on this morning and they worked, I was so relieved. They just needed a good charge. I cruised over to Hulu's and met Cassidy for lunch, I haven't seen her for very long time and I have something for her and the baby that I of course forgot at home. We had a really nice lunch and then cruised back here and hung out for a little bit with her and my mom, my mom hadn't seen her for a long time either.  She is so sweet. After Cassidy left I decided to cruise down to the police department to file a report on my accident last Friday. I texted the lady that hit me and she never answered me, Teresa called her and there was no name on the mailbox and she never called her back either. The phone number was from the Santa Anna area, Teresa looked it up. The officer was so nice and didn't make me feel too bad because I didn't have that much information, I gave him what I had and he said he would do all he can to help me. He said people are more apt to answer if the police officer calls so he's going to call and laid her message. He asked me if I wanted to press charges for hit and run, I just want her insurance to pay for the damage done to my wheelchair and my body. I came home and Rosa put me to bed and I just relaxed, thanks to the muscle relaxers, and watch TV. I didn't get to go to the farmers market but it will be there next week, it was so nice to see Cassidy again… She is one of my favorite people.

Thursday was a really good day but really hot. I was up in my chair about 10 AM and it was already 70° in the shade… Not a snowball in sight. I took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon, down W. Cliff Dr. a little bit, down to the end of the wharf and back and down to the end of the boardwalk and back. It was still early but we have to come back because it was already 80°, I think it got up to 90°. I just sat around and watched TV until Lisa came in. Lisa went over and picked up my van and it looks great, I'm not supposed to let anything get on it or where I park that's kind of impossible… I parked under some weird tree that keeps dropping stuff and a couple of palm trees. I ordered a van cover and I hope it gets here before my new paint job is ruined. The lady that hit me gave me her information so now I can go ahead with everything. Dr. Owens wants me to see a physical therapist twice a week, that is going to be a problem because I need somebody to drive me there and somebody that knows how to put me back in my chair in case they need to take me out. I remember once Dominican home healthcare center therapists here so I called Dr. Owens to see if that was possible and I'm waiting to hear back. Numotion, so I called on Monday, finally got back to me today and said that I needed a doctor's prescription for them to come out and look at my chair. I have never needed a doctor's prescription before so I don't know what the deal is, they just changed ownership so maybe it's a new policy or something… Anyways it's a pain in the butt. After Lisa picked up my van she put me to bed and we did some personal care and I got to get nice long hot bath, I actually fell sleep in the bathtub it was so comfortable.

Friday was another really hot day, it actually got up to 100° so needless to say we didn't get much exercise. We cruise through the lagoon and then I stopped at the vet because Robby have an appointment, he had a couple of weird bumps on his tummy so I wanted to make sure everything was okay. One of the underneath stitches didn't dissolve so they cut it shorter so wouldn't poke through his skin and gave him some antibiotics. He also had a slight ear infection in his right ear and yeast around his mouth again, he rubs his mouth on everything so that must be why. Dr. Martinelli said it makes a dog very itchy. We cruise down to the wharf and then through the boardwalk and then came home to Ed from Pacific security. Ever since I had the door widened in my bedroom it just doesn't fit right and every time the wind blows, the air conditioner goes on when you open an inside door chimes and it's really annoying. He fixed it but said it would be a good idea to have somebody come out and straighten the door, I'm still so bummed at the way it turned out but I can get it fixed… It will be nice if I'm stuck in my bed and I want to go out on the porch. We came in where it was cooler and I watched some TV until Shauna came to put me to bed and then I watched some more TV… Do I watch too much TV??
Saturday sucked. There was a big one hundredth anniversary wharf celebration and I am missing it. My Saturday morning caregiver asked for the day off because her mom was coming into town, I couldn't get any of my backup caregivers to come in so I'm stuck in bed. Omar came in and told me how awesome everything looked around the wharf, he works there and help set everything up. He sent me pictures and it looks awesome! Teresa was going to come over and start decorating but she is sick and Shauna was going to come in early and help but she didn't, it's actually a good thing she didn't because nobody else was here either. Omar came in and went and got the rest of the stuff out of storage, they will start decorating tomorrow and probably finish up on Monday.  Shauna came in and fed Robby and I and open some package is that I got. One of them was Paleo wraps that I wanted to try, I love wraps and burritos but I really shouldn't eat tortillas anymore. I tried one with chicken salad and avocado and it was really good, I was surprised because I thought it would taste nasty. On Monday I will try it with soy chorizo, cheese and avocado. Lisa texted me and asked if she could park in the driveway while they went over to watch the fireworks, very smart as we are only about a mile away. I could hear the fireworks loud and clear and it sounded awesome, I'm still so sad that I have to miss them because I love fireworks.

Sunday was another boring and frustrating day, stuck in bed again. I emailed Teresa last night and told her if she still doesn't feel good she really shouldn't come over here and she said she still wasn't feeling well. Lisa came in and put me on my side for a while and planted some plants and seeds that we had spurning, that was very exciting. I didn't have an evening caregiver so my mom made me a really nice dinner, black bean burger with Turkey chili and a Greek salad. The rest of the evening I just listen to music and play cribbage on the computer, that I would get the TV a rest.


betty said...

Tammie, I think you were wise to contact the police about your accident. We had hot days since Thursday but they are cooling a lot at night which is nice :)


Anonymous said...

Ugh. 100 degrees?

It seems like Labs always get weird bumps on them. I grew up with a few.