Monday, August 4, 2014

The weather is getting warm here again…

 Monday was a pretty good day but then any day I get to get out of bed is a good day. Robby and I took off or might keep cleaning appointment. It's funny how it seems EVERYTHING is about a mile away from my house, the Boardwalk/wharf, downtown, the shopping center that has Ross and world market, my dentists… It wasn't the usual lady and hopefully the usual he is still there because I really liked her, even though I can't remember her name and I have to call her Lady. After my teeth cleaning appointment lobby and I cruised down to world market, cost plus, I want to look at everything they have in there because everything is so unique. Robby practiced hitting the button that makes the light change, he is so good at that and everybody laughs because it's so cute. Then we cruised down to the wharf but I didn't want to go too far on the wharf because I didn't know how hot it was and I didn't want to burn Robby's feet. We cruised back home I ran into Kelly out in front and visited with her for a while. Rosa came in to put me to bed and Susan never showed up so I guess no massage tonight. I get to just relax and decide whether I want to watch movies or TiVo.

Tuesday was a great day. I got up and Lisa took me over to the Capitola Mall to return some gel pillows that I bought online from kohl's, I ordered two online and they just kept sending them to me… I think I ended up with six. I also went into Victoria's Secret's to get some more of their love spell mist, I love that stuff. I came back and Omar was putting stickers all over the surfboard that he found and he hung it in the carport, it looks so cool. He also hung the surfboards with the succulent plants in them. It was a great day. Rosa came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath.

 Wednesday was another beautiful day. I got up and decided to look through my closet and start to wear some of the dresses that I have in there, man I have a lot of dresses. There's some really pretty ones in there that I didn't even know I had. Instead of wearing the same old thing every day I need to mix it up a little bit. I was trying to find something to wear to a graduation but I'm going to next month, Robby's sister's mom is having a graduation party and her family invited me. It's in Los Banos and it is going to be very hot. I took Robby for a cruise through Depot Park, to the end of the wharf and back and to the end of the boardwalk and back. I stopped to watch the performance of Lost at Sea, and keep missing the beginning but one of these days I will see it all the way through. I came back and rested for a bit and then Rosa came to put me to bed. It's nice to be out and about again with my Google glass.

Thursday was a really great day. It was so nice to get out and go over the hill and spent some time on the other side. I have an appointment to take my van in the general maintenance and to fix the lift. The guy said he was can have to tear up the whole floor board so was going to take a while and we were pretty much out in the middle of nowhere. There was one Vietnamese restaurant that Teresa said she went to one time in the potstickers were not good, kind of scary. We decided to get spring rolls, shrimp egg rolls, deep-fried chicken wings and Vietnamese coffee… It was EXCELLENT, everybody was happy with it.  I forgot to bring my Google glass so Sean and took pictures for me. I have Vietnamese coffee in San Francisco one time and just fell in love with it. We really have to wait too long after we got the van back Teresa, Shauna and I went to an asian market and found a bunch of stuff that we couldn't do without, stuff we can find around here. We came home and Shauna and I did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, there was a great day!

 Friday was another great day. My mom look me up at 6 AM with breakfast, I guess I'm lucky that I get breakfast in bed every day? I fooled around on the computer for a while and watched some shows on TiVo and the ladies came in at 8 o'clock to clean my room. Karen came in and got me up and I wanted to hurry and get outside before the payment was too hot for Robby's feet but when I got outside to my surprise it was really cool. We cruise through the lagoon, down W. Cliff Dr. and back, down to the end of the wharf and back and down to the end of the boardwalk and back. The band tonight was Y&T, people kept asking me what that stood for so I looked it up… Yesterday and today. I didn't really want to go see them because I wanted to go to bed early and relax and watch some TV.  I came home and it was so beautiful I hung out outside for a while with my mom and Kelly. Shawna came in and fixed me some bok choy with garlic, ginger and coconut oil… It was AWESOME.

I have Saturday all planned out and then I ended up staying in bed, so frustrating. I woke up in the left side of my back underneath my shoulder blade hurts so bad that I could barely move. Lisa fed and I and then gave me a couple of Cosco's version of Tylenol PM's, I thought I could sleep it off. I dozed off a few times but something always woke me right back up. By the time Shauna got here it was hurting even worse. My first thought was a pinched nerve and that is what Shawna said when she came in. She massaged my neck and shoulder for a while and that helped. My aunt came in and she gave me a massage for a while and at least and moved from my back to my neck, I think it's working its way out. My aunt took classes so she's always really good at finding where it hurts, by the heat and the bulging muscles. It feels a little better but every once in a while it gets really bad, at least it's not a constant. By 2 AM it was so bad I had my mom come down and give me a Vicodin, after an hour there was still in so much pain I took another one… I hate that stuff. Unfortunately I took it on an empty stomach and although it helped with the pain my stomach was so upset I didn't get much sleep.

By Sunday I didn't feel any better, so much pain. My neck was still hurting really bad and I didn't even want to move. I can't remember the last time I was in so much pain I just wanted to cry. Teresa came by and we did some personal care but unfortunately no bath, I didn't even want to be moved enough put on the sling so I decided to wait until morning.


Anonymous said...

I've only had Vicodin a couple of times. It did nothing for pain and just made me tired.

I hope you feel better.

betty said...

Hope you are feeling better by now, Tammie. Never fun to be in any pain! I like how you described that everything is about a mile from where you live; you must live in such a great spot there! That surf board is coming along nicely! I think that is such a cool idea! Great pictures you posted here too! I think it is neat to change up the wardrobe every now and then; especially with the hot weather, I bet the dresses will be more comfortable to wear!