Monday, May 12, 2014

It's going to be such a great week, perfect weather…

 Monday was such a great day. Of course partly because it's massage day, always a great day. I guess most people don't like Mondays but I really look forward to them. I got up and took Robby through the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive past the lighthouse Museum, to the end of the wharf and back. I wanted to stay out longer and go farther but my battery was dying. I'm just so frustrated that it can't last as long as it used to and it sounds like it never will. I used to be able to do the Human Race and the Wharf to Wharf but it looks like this year I'm not going to be able to, I'm glad I didn't sign up for the Human Race but I did sign up for the Wharf to Wharf. I came home and just sat on my porch for a while and just enjoyed the sun and the great breeze. Shauna came to put me to bed so Rosa could enjoy Cinco de Mayo.

Tuesday was another perfect day. I didn't get to have breakfast because I had to go take a fasting blood draw. I got back about 10 AM and I think I was back home by 11 o'clock, I have to do it again on the 14th. I came home and Omar was sanding and staining my outdoor furniture. I have this really cool redwood burl table that I got from a lady in Felton, her husband was a quadriplegic and he passed away so she gave me a lot of his stuff. One of my caregivers was also his caregiver. Everything looks so great. Three friends that I grew up with, I've known them since fifth grade, according to come here on the 25th in regard to how a little reunion and I'm so excited. I want everything to be perfect. My mom got me something to eat and then Robby and I went for a cruise through the lagoon and down to the boardwalk and back. I really wanted to go further but of course my batteries again when you let me, I'm so disappointed. I watched a movie and waited for Rosa. Rosa came and put me to bed and we did some personal care and of course my favorite nice long hot bath.


Wednesday started out to be really cold but it warmed up. I kind of waited around a little bit to see if there would and I'm so glad it did. I took Robby or a cruise through the lagoon, down to the lighthouse Museum and to the end of the wharf and back of. I came back and Omar was finishing up staining my furniture and he put in a new close fixture for the plants in the driveway and the plants on the porch, a doubleheader. The furniture looks really great and there's a lot more room on my patio since we rearranged everything. The front yard is almost done except for planting the succulents, I am so happy with how it turned out. My uncle and aunt, Lee and Claudia and my mom and I played cribbage… Lee was my partner and we lost a dollar.



























Thursday was a good day, really long. They came over in the morning and cut and dyed my hair, I swear I love it more each time does it. I took Robby for a nice long cruise and then came back just in time dressed for bed, get something to eat and head off to diabetes class. I really do like the class and I learned a lot but for some reason I just can't keep my eyes open. When Teresa and I got back Shanna was waiting here, we were going to show her how to do personal care and give me a bath. It's not as relaxing when somebody showing somebody else how to do everything but it will be nice to know that somebody on the weekend knows how to do personal care and that I can have a bath anytime I want.

Friday I woke up and I was so exhausted. Susan came to give me my massage and I was so relaxed that I started sleeping. My shoulders and neck really sore and she kept hitting these really sore spots and although I'm glad he was working on them they started really getting annoyed think I was having an anxiety attack. I just couldn't keep still and I just wanted to pull away from everything she did, this is never happened before. I can't believe it but I slept the rest of the day and then all through the night, going to be a great day tomorrow.


Saturday was a really nice day. After I got up and got dressed I met Lisa over at Ross so she could take me to Costco, Highway 1 is too hard to cross in my chair so I would rather not. This time I only needed a couple of things since we got everything last weekend, the pharmacy was closed so I couldn't get my probiotics. I came back and my old neighbor from when I lived in San Jose, Jerry, came over for a visit. I hadn't seen him since my 50th birthday party and it was so great to see him and catch up, it's too bad Liz couldn't come but she promises next time she will. I hope they come back to visit soon. I rested for a while and then Teresa came to pick me up for the Derby girls bout, it gets more and more exciting every time. I got home and Kelly was showing Shauna how to use the sewing machine, Shauna was going to make me some more draw sheets. Shauna put me to bed and I think I fell asleep before she even left. I've actually been sleeping really good these last couple days and it feels great.



Sunday was kind of a bummer. I was starting to get a blister on my butt and we couldn't figure out where was from but we finally did. I got this new chi machine and we usually do it on my bed with the Max inflate, it pumps up all the chambers and makes the bed hard, and it makes you wiggle back and forth and I think it was grinding my butt into the bed… We always figured these things out too late. It's just open right now but I have to be very careful because of my diabetes so it's on my site for a couple of days until it goes away. I want to be ready for when my brothers come to visit next weekend.Shauna came in to help Teresa do my personal care and give me a nice long hot bath. Unfortunately we decided that a long hot bath will now be good for my body right now so I got the old reliable bed Bath. I get to lay down flat on my side for a couple of days until my rash heals.

1 comment:

betty said...

Sorry about the wound, Tammie, but you are right to catch it as soon as you can and take precautions so it will heal quickly. I bet your reunion with your friends from elementary school will be a lot of fun! I liked the pictures of your yard; looks very nice and cozy for a visit!

betty