Monday, November 5, 2012

On my own again…

Monday was a beautiful day as far as weather goes. Stanley, David and Deziree left this morning and Tom, Kelly and Bailey left this evening… it's going to be really quiet around here for a while. Susan came to give me a massage this morning and for some reason I was just sore all over, it might just be the weather so I'm going to try to get a massage a couple times a week and see if that helps. Susan also does reflexology which is really cool, there's a place on your hands and feet to soothe any part of your body. After my massage I have some lasagna, a piece of pizza with everything on it and some bread. For dinner I had some eggplant with garlic sauce, we found a Chinese food place that delivers.
Tuesday started out to be a little cold but then it warmed right up. I got up and did my exercises and then Claudia called to remind me that I had an appointment today to get my nails done, I'm so glad that she called. I got a French manicure with black on the bottom with orange tips for Halloween,  I can't believe it's already tomorrow. While I was getting my nails done  Samantha was talking about how cool it would be to wear a yellow shirt that says life on it and handed out lemons just like in the quote “when life hands you lemons…” I thought that was awesome and I didn't have a costume century seclude some letters on my yellow shirt and went over to the store to get some lemonade juice boxes and some lemons, I wanted to hand out little boxes of Lemonheads but she couldn't find any. My aunt stopped me on the way out today and asked me if I wanted to go with her to take the girls downtown and to the wharf, I had made plans with Heather but forgot it was Halloween and how miserable it was going to be downtown so Heather and I decided to go to the movies on Thursday. I didn't find a costume for Robby. After I got my nails done I cruised down to the boardwalk and worked with Robby for a little bit, cruise down to the end of the wharf and back and let Robby watch the seals and then cruised back home by then it was 4 o'clock and time for Teresa to come and put me to bed. Teresa also got some candy from the store and decorated the porch since I didn't get around to decorating anything this year.

Wednesday was Halloween. Halloween is usually my favorite time of the year and I usually go all out with my decorations but this year it just came and went so fast. Last night Teresa decorated the porch of a little bit, got me some candy and maybe a quickie costume. She took one of my yellow shirts and cut out the letters LIFE and glued them on my shirt. She went over to Safeway and got some lemons and got some Capri Sun lemonade juice boxes, I wanted Lemonheads but she couldn't find any, for me to pass out. The theme was “when life hands you lemons…” I got up and did my exercises, it sure feels good to do my exercises, and took Robby for cruise through the lagoon and up to W. Cliff Dr. I saw them setting up some bleachers a couple of weeks back and I thought that I had missed the event but it was going on today, practice I think. There was a huge banner that said “Coldwater classic, November 1 through the 16th. I watched for a little while and then we went a little further down W. Cliff Dr. On the way back I ran into Kristof, I always see him on his bike and he always stops to say hello. He lives in the apartments behind the lagoon. He said that he was going to turn 80 on Thanksgiving, he looks really good and he is in good shape. I also ran into Andrew, he works for the Parks and Recreation and I see him pretty much everywhere I go. He lives behind my driveway in the “purple house”… everyone uses that house for a marker. I cruised back and hung out for a while and watch the Big Bang theory before Sonia came to put me to bed. We didn't have a lot of trick-or-treaters, it seems to be fewer and fewer every year. I guess it's safer to take the kids downtown and to the wharf, oh well that means more candy for me. Of course Teresa was hiding spiders and cockroaches all over the house to try to scare Karen, she never gets scared but just looks annoyed and laughs. Karen and return it them for Sonia who totally freaks out. She put gummy eyeballs in my food and fake harry spiders in my eggs, I think about would've been anybody but Karen all of my eggs would be broken.  My cousin brought his 2 adorable little girls, Luana and Malia over to trick-or-treat and show us their costumes… a butterfly and a fairy. I can't wait until Christmas!

 Thursday it rained most of the morning and my stomach was cramping so I decided we better do some personal care and I will just stay in bed. Today was Heather's birthday and I wanted to take her to a movie and to dinner but it didn't work out, it's really hard trying to work something out through text messaging and I ended up misunderstanding what she was trying to say. It sounds like she had a really nice day and that's what it's all about. I thought today would be a perfect day to stay in bed because nobody was around but it seems like there's always somebody around, it was a rice relaxing day anyway.  I was watching intervention and I fell asleep and I must've slept really hard because when I woke up I assumed it was morning, I thought I had slept a long time. I finally looked at my computer and it was 8:30 PM. I guess that's good because if I can go back to sleep I have a whole night of henna me to sleep. For breakfast I had a poached duck egg and some kale and wheat berries. For lunch I had a pistachio butter and red orange sandwich and some some chips. When my mom got home she brought me a custard filled chocolate donut.

Friday turned out to be such a beautiful day. I got up and took Robby to his yearly exam and everything was great. For so long we battled a very itchy dog with her left ear that was always infected and this time he had no problems. Okay he was a little overweight but were working on that. After that we cruise through the lagoon, up to the Lagoon Park and down Westcliff Drive past the lighthouse, down to the dog beach, to the end of the wharf and back into the end of the boardwalk and back. I guess the cold water classic is pretty major national, it started yesterday and it goes until the 16th. There is a ton of bleachers set up and everybody practicing, it is going to be a mess down there tomorrow and Sunday I'm sure. We came back and Teresa came to put me to bed. My uncle and aunt, Lee and Claudia and my mom and I played cribbage… I don't know about everyone else but I broke even so it was a good night.

Saturday was so beautiful outside but unfortunately I was stuck in bed. I don't know how many more beautiful days we're going to have it I think officially the Cold Water Classic started today, or it started yesterday. I pretty much slept on and off all day so I hope I'm able to sleep tonight but if not I guess I have my movies. Sonia came this morning to give me something to eat and turn me on my site for a while and of course feed Robby. Tomorrow it's going to be even warmer so you can bet I will be out watching the surfers and dodging the dogs  on Westcliff Drive.

When I had a visiting nurse here I told her that I was looking for someone to clean my house and she recommended a lady, this lady is awesome. Once she gets your house in good shape she starts doing extra things. Today she washed the windows, she's usually here on Wednesdays and Fridays but she came in today just to do that… how cool is that? She asked me if I needed anybody to do my yard because her husband was looking for something extra to do.  I told her that I had a gardener but I have a ton of maintenance to do around here and he agreed to do it, he was also a great find. He sanded and repainted my fence and just decided to clean out my gutters one day. I feel so lucky to have found them and his great to have all of this stuff done. I had 2 lights  on the light posts at the end of my driveway and someone came by and slugged one of them off, I knew it would happen one day and I even got it on my camera but you can't really tell who it is.

Sunday was another perfect day. I got up and out of here early because it was going to be really hot. Robby and I cruised down to the lagoon and up the hill to Westcliff Drive to check out the Coldwater Classic, there was really a lot of people there. I decided to just cruise right through and not even look for dogs and everybody behaved themselves, it was really awesome and good for both Robby and I. Want to go down to the lighthouse but the people there directing traffic kept ushering me to the wheelchair VIP seating, they were so sweet. I sat there for a while, talk to a couple people and watch the amazing surfers until it got too hot and I couldn't stand it anymore. I figured I'll come back another day to get a T-shirt, hopefully it won't be as crowded during the week. We cruise down to the end of the boardwalk and back but it was just too hot so we cruised home. Luckily Karen came into work early so I just went to bed and we got some personal care on the way so we don't have to do it tomorrow. It seems really late because of the time change but I have a lot more time to relax and just watch TV. I bought a bunch of meat and seafood from Meat hub and Omaha steaks, I had groupons, so Heather has been cooking it up for me and it's pretty good stuff. This morning I had a little filet with onions, some zucchini and mushrooms and some broccoli with wheat berries. For dinner I had salmon with artichoke hearts, roasted brussels sprouts and broccoli with wheat berries. Heather is awesome!

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

I like your festive nails for Halloween Tammie and your costume with the lemon theme! too cute! We didn't have ANY trick or treaters; lots of candy leftover, LOL :)