Monday, November 5, 2012

Is this really November??

 Monday was a nice relaxing day. I love being able to sleep in until 8:30 AM, massage until 10 AM, a nice long hot bath and then back to bed to rest for the afternoon. It got up to 92° here today in Santa Cruz, I'm kind of glad I didn't go anywhere. Heather came over and cooked a bunch of wonderful stuff, I had just eaten before she got here and everything smelled so wonderful I was hungry again but I didn't eat. My uncle came over to visit for a while and he looked exhausted. He is putting in a new bathroom, all tile, at my cousins house. He does everything himself and it will look awesome but he's just wearing himself out. For breakfast I had a pistachio butter and jelly sandwich and for dinner I had pork with apples and saut√©ed onions, brussels sprouts and broccoli with wheat berries. I really need such awesome stuff, thank you Heather.

Tuesday was a perfect day. Robby turns 5 years old today. The weather was gorgeous so Robby and I took a really long cruise to watch the Cold Water Classic, I'm really glad that we did because I read after on Facebook that today was the last day… it was supposed to go until the 16th. I wanted to get a shirt but all I could find was assured for the surf Museum so I got that and a surf Museum beanie.  We cruise down to the wharf and I went in a couple of shops to see if they had a T-shirt but I didn't see anything so I came home and ordered one online. We cruise down to the boardwalk where there was really nobody around and practiced some of Robby's commands, I know I shouldn't make him on his birthday but I really just didn't want to go home because it was so beautiful outside. We cruise back to the lagoon again and then came home.  Heather was cooking up a storm and it smelled so good in here I want to eat everything but after I got to bed it was late so I decided to wait until morning. Teresa was coming in early to wax Karen and I and then we did some personal care. We watched the end of the election and then Teresa went home.

 Wednesday was a little cold outside, not unbearable but cold. The beanie that I bought the day before fell off my head the 1st time I leaned back in my chair, I have to lean back for 15 min. every hour. It fell in the sand and I had to have Robby get it. We cruise down to where the Cold Water Classic was held and they were tearing everything down so we decided to turn around and just go down to the wharf. I was looking at a hat yesterday and I decided to go back today and buy it so I did, I hope it stays on my head. We cruised down to the boardwalk and practice a couple of commands and I decided it was just too cold so we just came back home. Karen texted me and said that the dollar store down by the bus depot had Christmas stuff so I wanted to go down there and check it out but I think I'll wait until I can have somebody go with me, maybe I can get Karen to stop by there with me before she catches the bus for home on Friday.  Heather made some killer chicken enchiladas so I ate those and some wheat berries. I ordered a longsleeved shirt online that has a heater in it, I have been looking for one for a long time. It has a battery that can be charged but it also has a plug for a cigarette lighter, I have one on my chair… how cool is that? I can't wait to try it out tomorrow because it looks like it's going to be pretty cold.

Thursday was a little colder in the morning but it turned out to be pretty nice. I had to doctors appointments at the opposite ends of town, I love that because it gives us a good run. My 1st one was up at Dr. Owens to get my Depo-Provera shot. I always see the worry and the puzzled look in the MAs eyes when they see how bundled up I am in the nova have to give me a shot. I have a pair of leggings that Teresa cut a hole in the top of my leg that I wear when I go to the doctors to get a shot, my shirt covers it. There is always a huge relief in the MAs eyes when I show them that, what a good idea it is. After I left Dr. Owen's office the sun kept coming out and then going away and my next appointment was in for a couple of hours so I decided to cruise along Westcliff Drive because it's always so beautiful, it was not only beautiful but pretty much deserted except for the man taking down the bleachers from the Cold Water Classic. We cruise down to the wharf and then to the boardwalk where we stopped to practice a couple of commands and then decided to come home and get my sunglasses and my heated throw. I have a heated throw that plugs into the cigarette lighter plug I have on my chair to keep me warm, that was such a great idea. I started out about a half hour before my appointment and it was sprinkling a little bit, by the time I got to the end of the street it was raining a little bit harder so I was trying to decide whether to go through it or turn around and come home and reschedule my appointment. I decided to just come home and reschedule my appointment and I went out to the living room it was just pouring buckets, a good decision.  Karen was still here so I asked her if she would fix me up late to eat since she couldn't leave either because it was raining. I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for breakfast and for lunch I decided to have some fish, spinach and beats. I just hung around for a while and then Teresa came and put me to bed. I got some locally made cheese from Santa Cruz local foods that I kept wanting to try so I tried that with some smoked clams and some salami, it was awesome.
 Friday was a really long day. I got to sleep in so that was nice, I got my massage from Susan… she usually does it on Mondays but she's going on vacation. Personal care took 5 hours and by the end of it Karen and I were both frustrated and exhausted. My uncle and my aunt came over and we played about 4 games of cribbage, I lost a dollar in my mom was my partner. It looks like were going to have Thanksgiving across the street and my uncle's house. Their dinners are always so great. I'm not sure if my brother and his family are coming from Modesto about my cousin and his family will be here. I'm going to bring one of those pear/apple pies from Santa Cruz local foods. I tried one last week and they are amazing, plus they are all organic and locally grown. I also got some pumpkin ice cream from them. I LOVE Thanksgiving.

Saturday was a pretty great day, I thought it was going to be cold so I was going to wear my battery-operated heated shirt I just got the day before but I went outside in the morning and it was pretty warm so I just went with the thermal and a shirt. Robby and I cruised through the lagoon, up the hill, through the park and down to W. Cliff Dr. We cruise all the way down past the lighthouse to the dog park all the way back, to the end of the wharf and back and then back home. Karen came in early so Vicente could take her and I for a much-needed shopping visit to Cosco. I wanted to get gutter screens but it looks like I waited too long and they don't have them anymore, I did get a bunch of other stuff that I really needed. Of course I had to get a chicken bake, I love those things. We came home and put everything away and my computer was going crazy, my brother was fixing everything from Georgia… it always looks really cool to see all the stuff getting done. He is really amazing what the computer and he's just an amazing guy.

Sunday I ended up staying in bed all day and I didn't have any caregivers. I decided to watch 3 out of the 4 twilight movies,  I'm determined to watch the last one. The 1st one was really good and then I think they just went downhill after that, I don't see all the hype. For breakfast my mom made scrambled eggs, bacon and wheat biscuits… a really good breakfast. For dinner I ate the rest of the lasagna I ordered a couple nights ago and some wheat berries with spinach. It was a nice relaxing day.

No comments: