Monday, November 14, 2011

An awesome visit from my brother David and his son JohnPatrick…





Monday I got up and JohnPatrick and I took Robby for a cruise over to the wharf and back, JohnPatrick is so smart he just amazes me. We got back and decided after hanging out for a while and order pizza, pizza is always good.

Tuesday was a day for just hanging out and having fun. Stanley was supposed to come down and stay for a couple days but he wasn’t able to make it. We decided to order Mexican food, David and I decided to split one, my mom got cheese enchiladas and JohnPatrick got chicken nachos.

Wednesday I got up and Teresa took me to get my mammogram, It went really smooth and fast, 1st time ever I think because of all the maneuvering we usually have to do. I came back and just wasn’t feeling very good. We were supposed to go out to dinner with my aunt and uncle so I stuck it out but it just felt awful, after I got home Teresa told me that I should have taken Xanax because even if I didn’t notice it the mammogram is a lot of trauma to your body. We went to the wooden nickel in Watsonville and have an awesome meal, even though I brought three quarters of mine home. I think EVERYTHING at the wooden nickel is killer. David decided to leave on Wednesday evening instead of Thursday morning because there was more flights and he really needed to get home by Friday.

Thursday I got up and took Robbie for a nice long cruise through the lagoon, to the end of the wharf and back and through the boardwalk. We stopped on the boardwalk for a while to just watch the ocean and enjoy the beautiful day, it was perfect. We came back and Teresa brought me some noodles from Hong Kong Charlie’s, my favorite is pad Thai with garlic tofu. After that we went to the post office to mail something to my brother David, of course the package that we ordered got here the day after he left. Part of it was to be left here and part of it to be shipped to him.

Friday my morning routine took so long and I was so exhausted I just went back to sleep, I didn’t even take a bath. Lee and Claudia, my uncle and aunt and my mom and I played cribbage and I did pretty good again. Karen Mason gingersnap cookies and we usually have a lot of snacks, although I try to stay away from them.

Saturday I got up and took Robbie for a next or long cruise, we haven’t been able to go very long cruises lately so we took advantage of today. I was going to stop at pet Smart to get a soft rubber brush for Robby but by the time I got down there I forgot. We came back and practiced some of our commands and Robby did really good. I was down for 3 weeks and we seem to have had company a lot so we neglected our commands and I thought I was going to be sorry but Robbie is always such a trooper.

"We try to replace them but never quite succeed. A new Dog never replaces an old Dog, it merely expands the heart. If you have loved many Dogs, your heart is very big”

Sunday was a really long and miserable day, we barely got time to do the morning routine and take a bath, I think Karen went home at 6 PM. She did make these really cool pinwheel things that we saw on the Pillsbury site. You just roll out the croissants and put bacon, cheese, green onions and it says to put ranch dressing on it but that didn’t sound good so we just left out the dressing. They were really awesome, while we were looking we found a recipe to make stuffed crust pizza. Pillsbury has a dough for pizza crust so you print that out and let it hang over the pan a little bit and then string cheese and put it around the edge and then cover it. Then you put on the marinara sauce and then you put on any toppings that you want, it looks awesome and we are going to try it.

1 comment:

betty said...

Cool pictures you have on your blog today, Tammie! Glad you had a good visit with your brother and JohnPatrick! Sorry though you had a miserable day yesterday. I bet you are thinking about what you'll do for Thanksgiving; it sure is coming by fast this year!

betty