Sunday, March 14, 2010

Getting back to the old routine...

Getting up in my chair is getting easier every day. I am up to two hours a day to times a day. Today was the first day I went farther than the lagoon, I went down to the end of the wharf and then down to the boardwalk. Before my surgery they had just started rebuilding a haunted house and when I went by there today it looks like they are almost done with the outside of it, it even looks like it might be accessible.

The physical therapist came by on Wednesday and Friday to show the girls a proper way to do range of motion, most of them were too aggressive and did it way too fast. He also showed them some resistance exercises to strengthen my neck and shoulder muscles, I can already tell the difference. By the time I made it to the lagoon and back the first week I could barely hold my head up. You can bet that I sure am remembering to do weight shifts every hour.

I cannot wait until Tuesday when Teresa and Cassie go to pick up Robby, I cannot believe how much I miss that little guy. I didn’t really realize how many people noticed me when I was just cruising around but several people asked me where my dog was.

On Wednesday a bunch of people are coming over for corned beef and cabbage and cribbage. We get together once in a while but not often enough as far as I’m concerned, we really have a lot of fun.

I got to see Susan, the massage therapists, a couple of times this week. She brought over a movie “the weather girl”, it was a really great movie and we had fun just hanging out. She came by to other days to give me a massage and that always makes me feel GREAT and I sleep really well.

1 comment:

betty said...

glad your endurance is increasing Tammie and you are up and about more; I bet it will be a joyous reunion with you and Robby!

betty