Sunday, August 16, 2026

The air quality is really bad from the fires…

 August 11 2026

Monday

Liberty came in, fed the dogs, and got me some coffee and breakfast, and then we did some personal care and a nice, relaxing hot bath. She got me dressed and up in my chair; she went home for the day. The air quality was really bad, so we couldn't really do anything, so we just hung around. It was a great day!

We are hoping their little dog, Chaos, will get along with my dogs soon, but he just follows them around and barks at them. My dogs are afraid of him even though they go up to my dogs' kneecaps. They have another dog called Mayhem, and she is very sweet and loving.

Ashlyn came in, and we did some meal planning; she is going to make some cod, some chicken, roasted vegetables, asparagus, chicken salad, and Chia pudding. It is so nice to be able to pick anything I want, and Ashlyn makes it diabetic-friendly for me; I feel like I'm going to a fancy restaurant every night.

Brooklynn put me to bed, and I caught up on my blog and deleted some emails, watched a movie, and then fell asleep.

Tuesday

Amy came in and gave me a nice relaxing massage; I kept falling asleep on her.

Liberty came in and fed the dogs, got me some coffee and breakfast, then got me dressed and up in my chair. Brooklynn and I kind of worked out a schedule of what we were going to do, but since the air quality was so bad, we didn't get to do anything. I was kind of bummed because we were gonna go to the waterfalls, but for me especially, it's not a good choice because of my weak immune system.

We decided we might as well eat dinner early, so TJ cleaned off my brother's Blackstone, seasoned it, and then made hamburgers; they were so good! We also got curly fries, tater tots, and regular fries, but I just had salad. I love how they always do everything as a family. I thought he would feel uncomfortable tagging along, but I really like hanging out with them!

Mya came in, fed the dogs, and put me to bed. Maya is Brooklynn's cousin, so we all hung out in here with some fresh air. After Mya left, I played around on the computer and cursed the fires.

Wednesday

Haylee came in and fed the dogs, got me some coffee, and got me dressed and up in my chair. We were supposed to go to the beach today. The air quality was bad here but supposedly better at the beach, but I didn't wanna take a chance and make everybody leave early because the air quality was too bad for me to stay out in. It just seems like all the plans that we had went down the drain.

Naomi came over to help me out with the dogs; Kona is really good off-leash, but once she put a leash on her, she's a snarling, vicious, barking girl. Naomi was gonna help me out with some techniques to keep Kona from barking, so we braved it and went outside. Of course, there were no dogs around, so we'll try again next week.

Brooklynn and her family went home, and I hung out here with the dogs just playing on the computer until Haylee came back. We weren't going to be doing anything, so I had Haylee put me to bed, and then when Brooklynn and her family came back, we just hung out. They all slept in the living room and in the family room.

Wednesday

Haylee came in, fed the dogs, and got me some coffee. I don't know if it's my new meds or the smoke from the fires, but for the last couple of days I've been feeling really yucky. I decided to stay in bed because I can't really go outside or do anything anyway. I worked on my cookbook pretty much all day.

Haylee came back, fed the dogs, fed me, and got me some more coffee. We did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. I'm still just not feeling very well, but it seems like the meds are working, so I will wait it out. She put me back to bed, and while we were doing personal care, my family came home. I saw a bunch of pictures that they posted, and everybody seemed to have a great time.

I got caught up on my blog; I was about three days behind, and I'm always afraid I won't remember what happened.I talked to my brother for a while; he put on my CPAP, and I went to sleep while watching a movie.

Thursday

Haylee came in, toileted and fed the dogs, got me 2 cups of coffee and some breakfast, got me dressed and up in my chair.

I went out to the kitchen and hung out with my nephew, my niece, and the two kids. They went to Sunriver and had a great time; I could tell by the pictures. They went to Portland for a birthday party, so I came back to my room and hung out with the dogs. I wanted to take them out for a cruise, especially Kona because she has so much energy, but I'm afraid of being out in this air because of the fires; it says people with compromised immune systems should be careful.

TJ and Brooklynn came over to put up my sunshade on the back porch, but there wasn't anything to hook it to, so I think we'll try putting it out front and find something smaller for the back. They took the rest of my Verizon electronics back so they wouldn't charge me for it.

I looked up the side effects of my new medication, and just as I thought, headache and an upset stomach. It says that it should go away after about a week or so, and I hope so because although I love the results of the medication, I don't like the side effects. I could handle it for a couple of days, but I would rather not deal with that long-term.

I worked on my cookbook. I don't really feel like doing anything, but I also don't want to do nothing. ChatGPT said I could take some Zofran for my upset stomach, but Zofran has a tendency to make you constipated, so that would kind of be defeating the whole purpose of the new medication? So I will just suffer in silence and hope it goes away.

He got cold inside my room, so I went outside to sit in the sun until Mya got here. It feels so good to have the sun on my face. I try not to do it too much because I don't want my face to end up leathery like my aunts'. She had a great life and went camping a lot, just clean living.

Mya came in and fed the dogs, then let them out to go potty. We washed my hair over the tub and put a mask on it. After I got into bed, we did a mask on my face, my lips, and my eyes. I just love hanging out with this girl, and I'm really gonna miss her when she goes back to college at the end of the month.

I did some nuzzles on Reddit to wind down a little, I deleted some unwanted emails, I watched some YouTube cop videos while I worked on my cookbook until I fell asleep.

Friday

Liberty came in and showed me a picture on her cell phone of two positive pregnancy tests! She is pregnant! It sounds like her and Brooklynn are going to have their babies around the same time; it's so exciting! She got me some coffee, more coffee, and breakfast! I went out to say hi to everybody, and Mackenzie told me that they were having dinner tonight for Stanley's birthday. I had already made plans with Haylee to come in and do some personal care, so I was really bummed put me in my chair and put together a new cart I got. A wheel fell off of the other one, but this one is much nicer. She hooked me up with Kona, and we went out for our 2-mile cruise. There was a yard sale down at the end of the block and an estate sale down at the end of the block on the left. Kona and I cruised by to see if they had anything worth going to. I couldn't really see, and I know I would never go there by myself, so I texted Brooklynn to see. She texted me right back and said she and her husband were on their way. I found some toys for the kids and a couple of metal baskets for succulents. I saw the idea at a birthday party at my niece's mom's, and they looked awesome! We didn't go to the estate sale because Mackenzie said the stairs to get in were too steep, and I wouldn't be able to get in. I think I'm going to love the summers here because we have been going to a lot of yard sales and I love them! When I looked in Santa Cruz, my uncle and I would go to yard sales, and I really missed it!

I took Dude out for his 2-mile cruise, and I think that's what he's been wanting. The last couple of days he's been staring at me in the room and whining. The door is open so he could go out, and he has water, so I don't understand what's wrong. Sometimes I wish I could read their minds and see what they need. I also love to hear what they think about me and everybody else…I think!?!

Just as I got comfortable in my room, Haylee came in; she fed the dogs, put me to bed on my side, and we did some personal care and then a nice long hot bath. She put me back to bed, let the dogs out one final time until Stanley came in at 9:30 PM, and then she left. I caught up on my blog and watched some YouTube cop videos before I went to sleep.

Saturday

Brooklynn came in, fed and toilet the dogs, got me some coffee, one more cup of coffee, and some breakfast. I'd already eaten all my breakfast casserole, so I had chicken, vegetables, and half a bagel with cream cheese. I know, I know…I shouldn't be having a bagel, but I'm human? I only had half? I just can't imagine my life without bagels. Check out me dressed and up in my chair, and I was able to take the dogs out for their 2-mile cruise before it got too hot. The rest of the day I spent in the front yard with my brother and the kids, in my room with my pack, and out on my back porch, where I always just feel awesome!

Mya did the evening shift on Saturday night because Brooklynn had a family dinner to go to. Mya told me that after this month she won't be able to help me out anymore on Tuesdays and Thursdays or any other days because she's going back to college. I love how driven and motivated this girl is to reach her life goals. I am really going to miss her!

She fed the dogs and the cat, and put me to bed. We did a lip mask, an eye mask, and a face mask; the face mask was so cold! If I ever get overheated again, I'm just going to have somebody put one of these face masks on me, and that will cool me down real quick.

She washed my hair and put a hair mask on; we weren't really sure of the directions because I think it was written in China. I was going to look it up on you after I got back to bed and see if we did it right, but I forgot. Also, we already did it, so if we did it wrong, it's too late to correct it?

She went home, and I caught up on my blog, deleted my unwanted emails, watched a couple of cop shows on YouTube, then worked on my cookbook for a little while before I fell asleep.

Sunday

Brooklynn and I decided to try a new place for Sunday morning breakfast; it's called Sybil’s Omelets, and as you can tell by the name, they do mainly omelets. I decided to get a sausage, pineapple, and black olive omelet; they were a little heavy-handed on the pineapple and very light-handed on the sausage, but it gave me a good idea for future morning meal planning. I could just get a bunch of toppings and have whoever's on duty that day make me an omelet; I could have a different omelet every morning. I can't imagine not having Ashlyn's breakfast casserole; it's my favorite breakfast of all time!

Brooklyn saw a yard sale on Craigslist, so we went to check it out. We got a lot of Barbie dolls and a Barbie car, some random toys, and Noris' first bicycle. I have a feeling she's really going to love that! Luckily, they were home when we got back, but they were just leaving. I can't wait to see the expression on their little faces. All that we got there was under $20; we got a lot of stuff!

My neighbor down the street was also having a yard sale, so we went down and checked that out. I found some metal baskets that I want to use for succulents. I saw it done on a table at a birthday party we went to, and it looked awesome! Of course, the lady who had the birthday party has 10 green fingers, and her garden looks amazing! I'm starting to love our weekend yard sale adventures! I was always afraid to go to yard sales, especially by myself; I always felt obligated to buy something. When I go with Brooklynn and TJ, I don't feel that way as much. I really love looking at all the stuff, whether I need it or not. I need to start collecting some books because when my brother and sister-in-law move out, I will have a lot of bookshelves in the family room.

No comments: