March 13 2026
Monday
Monday was pretty typical. Liberty came in and fed the dogs, got me a couple of cups of coffee, and then some breakfast. I don't know if it's the antibiotics or if I'm just dealing with some kind of flu or stomach bug. It makes me nervous because there's a recall right now for bagged lettuce or salads. I might just be paranoid! She got me dressed and up in my chair, she hooked up Kona before she left, and we went for our 2-mile cruise. It was so beautiful out, and it's been great getting up every day to enjoy this beautiful weather. I thought it was going to be too hot for me here, but you just have to learn to get up early and get everything you need done, then plan to relax for the rest of the day. I took Dude out for his 2-mile cruise, then we hung out the rest of the day in the front yard with my brother and the kids, in my room to take a little nap and play on the computer, and outside on the back porch. When we get back from our little cruise, it's always so warm, so I come into my room and hang out for a while, and then I actually get cold while it's 80 or 90° outside. I know it's crazy, but my body's thermostat is messed up. I have to go outside for 5 or 10 minutes, and then I feel better when I come back inside.
Haylee came in, fed the dogs, put me to bed and on my side, did some personal care, and of course, a nice long hot bath. How could anybody not relax and feel better after that? She went home. I watched a really good movie, but I can't think of what it was. One of the actors in the movie was Jeannie Garth, and I kept thinking the guy who played her husband looked so familiar. I thought maybe it was her real-life husband because I'm nosy and I read about all that stuff. Then it dawned on me that she looks just like a girl that I used to work with at Xicor, and the actor that portrayed her husband looks just like her husband, so I sent the picture to them next to a picture that I had of them. People don't seem to get as excited about that as I do; maybe it's an insult to them?
Tuesday
Amy came in super early because she had an appointment, and she gave me a really nice massage. Liberty came in, fed and toileted the dogs. She got me a couple of cups of coffee and some breakfast, then dressed me and helped me up in my chair.
Today was Naomi's day to exercise and work with the dogs. She is so amazing, and I love her methods for teaching the dogs. You can really tell she cares about them, and I love that; it's so nice not to have to worry about whether you picked the right person. Haylee took them over to Naomi's, and Stanley was going to pick them up.
I can't remember the last time I was this healthy and felt this great. I have had major health problems since I moved here in 2022, and it's so great to have that all behind me. I came into my room and read and deleted some of my emails I need to catch up on.
Before I knew it, it was 2:30, time to leave for my appointment at Cascade Infusion. My brother drove me there to get a PICC line and my first of three infusions before Friday. I had such a problem giving them a urine sample because first there was an accident in the lab, then I forgot to refrigerate it, so I had to do it a third time. My procedure was supposed to be today, and my doctor at Cascade infusion told me to just go ahead and do it and get my antibiotic infusions after, so I went on over. Just as we pulled into the parking lot, my urologist called and said they couldn't go ahead with the bladder scope until after my three antibiotic infusions. We went over to Cascade Infusion, where they inserted a PICC line into my hand and gave me my first infusion. I remember going there when I had my stage four pressure sore, and my brother took my mom there almost every day to do her infusions for her bone marrow blood disease. Back then, my niece Corrine worked there.
We got back home, and Mya was here feeding the dogs and getting my bed ready for a great night's sleep. I didn't do much on the computer because I was more wiped out than I thought, so I went right to sleep.
Wednesday
Haylee came in. I took care of the dogs. She got me a couple of cups of coffee and some breakfast. She got me dressed and up in my chair, and I took my dogs out for their 2-mile cruise, Kona first and then Dude. We hung out in the kitchen with my brother Stanley, sister-in-law Janet, McKenzie, Nori, Aria, Shilo, and Jude. The older they get, the more fun the kids are to be around. Some of the stuff that they say and the things that they do are so hilarious!
2:30 PM again, and Brooklyn came to take me to my infusion. They tell me their infusions are half an hour, but it seems like the time goes by really fast, so glad I have my so I can play games.
We came back home, and Haylee was here. She had already fed the dogs and got my bed ready. She put me to bed and on my side. We did some personal care and a nice hot bath. She put me back to bed and left for the evening.
I caught up on my blog before I forgot what happened the last couple of days, what's a police video cab shows on YouTube, deleted unwanted emails before I fell asleep.
Thursday
Haylee came in, fed the pack, and she was about to get me up, and there was a knock at the door. It was the housekeepers wanting to come in and do my room, so when they finished, Haylee got me 2 cups of coffee, the 2nd cup with some breakfast, and I couldn't be dressed up in my chair. She washed my hair before she left, and of course, I took the dogs out for their daily cruise. I wish I could find another route. There are a lot of streets around, and I would love to take them around a block or two instead of up and down the same street. I remember when I moved here, I joined the next-door neighborhood. Somebody had said that there is a family that doesn't close their back gate and lets their dog get out to attack and injure other dogs and people, a pit bull. I was stuck in bed one day at Liberty, took the dogs out for a cruise, and she said she ran into a dog that wanted to come after Dude. She got away and came home, and nobody got hurt. I decided a long time ago that if a dog ever came up to attack my dog, I would just have to write over him or her with my chair. It weighs about 700 pounds. I will do anything I can to protect my dogs, and if I get hurt, maybe something will be done about it. It's a misdemeanor to attack a service dog, but the police will not come out and take a report unless I get hurt. Animal control takes forever to get out. One of these days, I will feel brave and venture around a block or two. There is a school about a block away, Candalaria Elementary. I should probably just go up there and cruise around their track. I hate to go there on weekdays because if somebody chases us out, I won't want to go back because I've already been told that I can't be there.
After our cruises, we came back and hung out in the bedroom, and I watched a movie. Usually, I have a hard time sitting and watching a movie unless I can really get into it or I just wanna relax, tilt back in my chair.
Before I knew it, it was 2:30 PM again, and time to leave for my last infusion, and they are going to take out my PICC line. I am so excited about this because with my hand bandaged, I couldn't use my typing implement at night, so it was hard to use my computer and turn on my Dyson; I overheat at night. Brooklynn showed up with her husband, TJ, and her daughter, Kamaiyah. TJ was going to stay there and pressure-wash the walkway so it would be all nice and clean when we have a baby shower here on Saturday, but my brother had taken the pressure washer to our old house we're trying to sell to clean it up for an open house. They dropped me off at my doctor's appointment because I was going to be there for a while. I had first an appointment with my doctor, who was going to draw some blood for labs, then my last infusion, and then they took out the PICC line. When my appointment was over, I went outside, and they were waiting in the parking lot.
We came home, and Mya was here taking care of the dogs for the evening. TJ power washed while Kamaiyah played with the little girls. One of my great-nephews has a little crush on Kamaiyah and follows her around wherever he goes; it is so adorable!
Brooklynn put me to bed while Mya took everything out of the cupboard and the drawers behind the door and organized it. This girl has such talent and loves to organize things; she even tries to get me to throw away a bunch of stuff, which makes her cousin, Brooklynn, very happy, but I don't usually throw away much, to their chagrin. Brooklynn and her family went home, and Mya stayed there and finished. It looked amazing, and there was so much more room now! I'm going to be sad when she goes back to college in September.
After Mya left, I couldn't stop looking at the before-and-after pictures. It looks so awesome, and I'm hoping everybody keeps them like that. I deleted some emails and did some nuzzles on Reddit before I fell asleep.
Friday
Liberty came in, fed the dogs, and went to get me some coffee. I panicked; my procedure with the urologist is not until 3 PM, and I forgot to ask if I could eat or drink before it. Unfortunately, I looked on the website, and they don't open until 8 AM. What? I have to sit here for another whole hour after my caregiver comes in with no coffee; that's outrageous! I made it through the hour and called them, and they told me to go ahead and eat and drink! She tried to help me get my printer up and running again, but for some reason, it only prints from Windows 11.
When Liberty left, I took Kona and Dude out for their 2-mile cruise. I started a little late, so it was already getting too hot outside for me. I got back, and McKenzie and Brooklynn were putting on the top of the barrel storage. Brooklynn took it off because she wanted to decorate with pour paint, sand, and handsome seashells that she got. It looks amazing!! We hung out in the living room with Stanley and Janet instantly, and I tried to fix the ADT alarm because it kept beeping. I messaged GPT, but there are too many steps, so we will finish it one of these days
It was 2:30. Brooklyn came in, then loaded me up for my appointment with the urologist. I thought we were going to do a bladder scope and Botox injections, yes, in my bladder, because it stops it from leaking.I was a little worried because last time I had Botox in my bladder, they had to admit me to the hospital and put me out. The doctor said that it was just because it was my first time and they didn't know how I would tolerate it. They're going to call me with an appointment for the Botox.
We came back, and Haylee was here feeding the dogs. Brooklynn went home, and Haylee put me to bed on my side, and we did some personal care, then a bath. She put me to bed and then went home. I had forgotten to write in my blog for a couple of days, so I caught up. I wanted to watch a movie or play some games online, but I kept falling asleep, so I gave up and fell right asleep.
Saturday
Brooklynn came in the knucklehead, had my 1st cup of coffee, then got me my 2nd cup of coffee with breakfast that consisted of breakfast casserole, half an avocado, and fruit. I have a notary coming in this morning to sign the paperwork for my loan to consolidate my credit card debt. Every other time I had a notary come out, I didn't have to sign my full name; I only signed my initials, but this guy was a stickler for having me sign my full name. Halfway through, he said that he had to leave because he had another client. They neglected to tell him that I was a paraplegic and paralyzed from the chest down, so we tried to sign the papers while I was in bed, but it wasn't working out at all. All of the signatures were supposed to look the same, and they didn't. He went to his other appointment and came back. I tried to sign one, but it wasn't going to work, so we decided to have my brother sign as my power of attorney so he could sign for me. Adrian left and was going to get back to me to let me know what I needed to do to sign my brother, and Mackenzie signed up to sign for me.
My niece was having a baby shower here. Everything looks so beautiful, and there were a lot of ladies here, and they all seemed to be laughing, and they all had a great time! Brooklynn texted me to ask if I wanted to go on an adventure with her family and all the dogs. It was a new place that I hadn't been to, so I was really anxious to go! It was a really nice park with a playground, a baseball field, and, of course, a creek. We started walking on a trail, and all of a sudden, Kona found the creek, rushed over, and jumped in. That girl loves water! The whole time, she carried her ball in her mouth, and TJ was throwing it for her. Well, somewhere in our travels, we found some Beggar's lice burrs. Kona was absolutely covered in that, and she was bringing it back, rubbing up against everyone else, and giving it to them. Luckily, she has really short hair, so by the time we got home, they were gone all over my backseat in the van and Zaden, who was riding in the backseat with her.TJ had them in his socks and shoelaces; I had some on the bottom of my pants. Dude, it had a few, and I think Brooklyn got out of there with none. I asked ChatGPT, and I was told to just wander down some conditioner or spread some coconut oil on them and wait a couple of minutes, then brush them out gently.
When we got back, Brooklynn put me to bed, got me something to eat, and snuck some cheesecake from the baby shower, and then she and her family went home. I wrote in my blog and deleted some emails, and that was pretty much it for me; I fell asleep.
Sunday
Sunday was a great day! Brooklyn came in and brought us breakfast from Black Bear Diner, my favorite breakfast from there: sausage patties, egg over easy, English muffin, and home fries. I eat half and save the other half for the following morning if I remember. This is the only day that the dogs have to wait and let us eat first while it's still warm. I had 2 cups of coffee, and she got me dressed and up in my chair. I went out to the kitchen to wish Mackenzie a happy birthday!
Blair and Shilo were here, and we were going to a church barbecue on the lake. David, Melissa, and their three boys are going to be there also! A member of the church has some really awesome property, which includes a lake. There is a dock that moves around; they had all kinds of vessels to cruise around on the water with a big announcement that everybody who got near the water needed to have on a safety vest, and they had a bunch of them there. They had a sermon and two baptisms, and it was really cool because I knew the family that got baptized. The father and some of her kids remodeled my place downstairs when I moved to Oregon, and one of the girls worked for me for a while until I moved. There are eight children in the family, and it sounds like all of them got baptized in that lake, so it was really special. They barbecue hamburgers and hot dogs, have all kinds of salads, my brother makes the best baked beans ever, and beautiful desserts! It was such a great time!
We came home, and Brooklyn messaged me to see if the dogs and I wanted to go on another adventure. She came in and showed me a picture on her phone; it was a positive pregnancy test! She's been trying to have a baby and was getting so impatient, but it happened pretty quick! We went to a different park, and although there was a lot of sun, it was fun. Kona chased the ball like crazy, and we cruised through the park down to a launching area, and Kona ran and jumped in the water. Dude went into the water, but he always has to be coaxed a little bit. I definitely need to get some kind of pool or little pond for the backyard.
We came home, Brooklyn fed the dogs, and put me to bed. I really wanted to eat something, but I ate so much at the barbecue I was afraid to have anything too much, so I had half of a chicken salad sandwich and some Chia pudding. I don't remember anything after they left so I must've fallen asleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment