Saturday, April 17, 2021

Easter is this weekend…

 Monday was a really long day! Karen came in and fed the hungry pupster, then fed me. I decided to stay in bed; usually, I love to get up on Mondays because I have basically all day to cruise around, but since my chair keeps stalling after approximately 4 miles, it's not worth getting up. If I'm going to stay inside and watch TV, I just feel more comfortable in bed. Adriana came in, and she helped me upload a caregiver application on DocuSign to send it straight to the applicant; they can fill it out online and send it back. I got an email from a guy who wanted to apply for the job; I never had a male caregiver… I don't have anything against it, so I thought I would give it a try. We sent him the application, and he filled it out and sent it back; the number that he gave us for one of his references was not in service, so we texted back, and he gave us the right number, and she had raving reviews about him… She said he even helped out with her husband, and they adore him! That's all we needed to know, we did a zoom interview with him and asked him if he could come in on Wednesday for training, and he agreed. Adriana put me to bed, and I watched TV for a little while; my neck/arm/shoulder was hurting, so I just watched TV until I fell asleep.





 Tuesday was a perfect day, with lots of excitement! Cindy came in and fed the hungry knucklehead, fed me, and got me dressed up in my chair. Usually, we have at least two appointments, but today we only had one, so we decided to hang out at the harbor and eat some Mexican food… I'm kind of addicted to their shrimp nachos. It was a beautiful day, and we watch the people just enjoying the beautiful weather and the kids playing on the beach. After lunch, we cruised over to Dominican rehab for my appointment with Yasel… I really like going there because everybody is so sweet and happy to see everyone. She's been showing me some really awesome neck exercises; my neck/arms/shoulders have been sore for so long it's nice to finally get some exercises that will make me feel better. Yasel asked me to take a picture of my FES exercise cycle; I really want to start writing that thing again because I felt great when I didn't write it. Right before our session ended, Nathan came over and was standing there trying to get our attention but trying not to disturb us, he's so sweet, and they are such a cute couple! She looked up at him and said, "what's wrong?" I ran into Nathan at depot Park jogging, so I know he lives close by here. He said, "you can't go home because they have Walti, Felix, and Laurel blocked off because there's a guy with a rifle and a duffel bag jumping from the yard to yard talking about end-of-life and wanting to kill himself" I'm so glad that he told us, we were going to go try to find something else to do for a while when Adriana texted us and told us to just park in the house next to hers… I didn't really want to go there, but we did. Somebody said that they had caught the guy, and it was almost over; we could see a bunch of people hanging out in front of my uncle and aunt's house, so we went over there. They had caution tape across the street, and in front of my house, there was the SWAT team with their rifles pointed at the apartment complex next to my house, so I think it's still going on. I couldn't believe the people were out there just hanging out; I went back towards the garage in case shots started firing. I didn't want to be in the path. I heard somebody say "hi Tammie, it's been a long time" I looked up, and there was Atreyu; I used to run into him a lot, but I haven't seen him for a very long time… He is so sweet, and I always love talking to him. He told me that the ring doorbell in his backyard caught him hanging around and trying to get into his house. So he called the police, a lady came up and introduced herself as his sister, she had a work van, and I had seen the work van parked on the street several times, but it was really nice to meet her… I also met his dad, and he's also a lovely guy! Atreyu is, so everybody always wants to fight him; he has been beaten up, stabbed… You name it; it makes me really sad because he's such a sweet guy and so helpful to everyone. He's one of the kids that used to hang out with my cousins in their yard; it seems like everybody hung out with Rich and Patrick when they were younger. I often think about how awesome it would be if Patrick was still around, he and Rich both were just amazing people, and everybody wanted to be around them. I looked around, and there were a lot of neighbors, and I said, "Hey, since we're all out here, we should just have a barbecue" one guy in the crowd laughed and said, "we were just talking about that ." Everybody seemed pretty nice, so maybe we should plan a neighborhood barbecue when life gets back to normal… Whatever normal is going to be when this mess is over. Finally caught the guy, so everyone was able to go home. We came inside, and Adriana fed Dude, put me to bed, and then fed me. I started looking around the Internet for a story about what just happened, and I found many pictures and read the story. Adriana cleaned up, wiped everything down, and then went home. There's always a lot of drama going on around here; I have a camera on my front porch with a microphone because I only see emergency vehicles in front of my house. I really nosy sorry have to turn the camera on and listen. Sometimes I turn it on during the day when I'm stuck in bed because there are so many birds out there, and it just sounds beautiful! I watched TV for a while until I fell asleep.





















 Wednesday was a pretty good day. I can't believe this whole world is just going crazy! I kept waking up last night thinking how easy it would be for somebody to just come into my backyard and try to break into my house; I usually keep the back door open but not anymore. Susan came in to give me a nice long relaxing massage, the bones in my neck and my arms cracked a lot, and Susan kept cheering, it didn't sound like a good thing, but I guess it is? Karen came in and got me dressing and up in my chair; luckily, today is a really long day, so I can still get out with Dude and cruise around. We close down to the wharf, but it was hot; I asked one of the maintenance guys there if they would touch the ground and see if it was too hot for Dude's feet, and he did… He said it was hot, so we turned around and came back and hung out on the porch where it's nice and cool! It was actually really nice sitting out there listening to music; this pandemic really taught me to slow down and enjoy everything around me. Adriana came in and fed the hungry pooch, put me to bed, and then fed me… She wiped down, cleaned, did a couple of loads of laundry, and then went home. Somebody told me that while all the commotion was going on yesterday, FedEx came to deliver a package, and one of the police officers grabbed it to put it on my porch, so thoughtful even when there's danger. I was nice and relaxed; I had some THC chocolate and just stared at the TV until I fell asleep.



Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry G dog, fed me, and then got me dressed and up in my chair. Dude and I took off for a cruise down to the end of the wharf and back a couple times; it was so nice to be out and about again taking pictures of this beautiful place we live. It looks like everything is finally coming back to where we can almost have a normal life and say hello to our friends again. Dude got recertified, and after he passed the graduate department from CCI got some paperwork from the vet, and it said that Dude's weight was 87.3 pounds; they said he was supposed to be 65 pounds… I knew he was a little overweight, but I didn't realize he needed to lose that much. The vet had also suggested he was a little overweight, so I would cut down his food. Still, the CCI graduate department suggested I go with the weight management food, so I asked the doctor. She suggested one; they also suggested that he get a little more exercise, and I'm definitely okay with that. We will start cruising around 5 to 10 miles; I really want him to be the sleek good-looking boy I know he can be. I cruised back and talked to my mom and brother in the living room for a while Joy took Dude for a little cruise. My cousin Rich sent me a video of his dogs watching the birds through the window, especially the youngest one who loves to watch the birds… They are so cute! I saw some pictures of my cousin Debbie, so of course, I had to lift them off of her Facebook. Adriana came in and fed the hungry boy, put me to bed, and then fed me. I can't believe I'm not having any luck looking for a caregiver; usually, I get many applicants on care.com, but I'm only getting agencies. I don't think I'm desperate enough to use an agency… The agencies charge like $35 an hour and what makes me mad is that they only pay their caregivers, not even half that. If I have to use one, I'll use one until I can find someone private. When it was warmer, my neck/shoulders/arms felt so much better but now that it's getting a little cold and windy again, there started to hurt a lot. I edited my pictures a little bit until my arm started aching, and then I just watch TV until I fell asleep.






























 Friday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry Dude, fed me, and we did some personal care; when we first started doing personal care, home always freezing, and then I start sweating as soon as I start sweating in the cold air hits me then I'm freezing…So I'm really miserable a, freezing and soaked for the next hour, and then I get really sleepy. When I wake up, I'm so relieved that it's over, and I'm usually hanging in my sling headed towards that nice hot bath; as soon as I hit the bathwater, I instantly feel great. Karen lets me soak in the tub while she claims up and changes all the linen, wiped down the commode chair, and takes Dude out to go potty… I think that's my favorite part of the day, and if I could stay there all day, I would. She washed me down and then put me back to bed. She got me dressed in up in my chair, and I took Dude to his follow-up appointment at the vet for his ears; the infection seems to be down deep in his left ear, so the doctor suggests that the vet tech, over a couple nights to clean his ears and let us videotape how she does it. The vet techs are always so confident and just get in there and do what they need to do, whereas my caregivers hear the first wince of pain and want to stop and comfort. Karen videotaped it, and I could see her wince once or twice when Dude let out a scream; we thanked her for coming over and showing us the proper way to claim his ear… Westside Animal Hospital is an amazing place to bring your beloved pet; everyone there is so loving and caring… For a place these days, to send someone to your house to help you out is just amazing! After the appointment, we cruise down to the wharf and back to meet up with April from Numotion; she was coming to install a new seatbelt for my chair. Dude and I cruised back down to the wharf for our final cruise before it's time to go to bed. Cruising around the wharf just makes me happy; I think anywhere you go where there are many people in a good mood. It's just so amazing to watch! It's also nice because I still have a little bit of social anxiety so I can cruise around and if somebody looks interesting to talk to, I talked to them, and if not I just smile and move on, it's really my choice, and I'm really thrilled that I figured that out. We cruised home and can put me to bed; she agreed to come in and put me to bed so we could videotape Dr. Owens burning off the protrusion on my SP tube site… Because it's called a nitro stick, Karen was afraid to try to burn anything off, but after watching Dr. Owens, I can just see it in her eyes that look like something she could do. It went really well, and it looked charred for a couple of days, and then when I took a bath, it came off and looked clean; why didn't we do this a long time ago? She called it a Granuloma. After she finished, Karen set me up to the computer, and Dr. Owens went home; I'm so glad I found her as a primary care doctor because she is truly amazing! Not only is she smart, funny and caring but she comes to my house when I am worried about something… Who does that anymore?? I felt a lot better getting that granuloma partially burned off; I watched TV for a while, and then I was out.

 Saturday was a nice relaxing day. Because it would be a little bit cold and because of the crowds, I opted to stay in bed and rest my arm. Cindy came in and fed. Dude fed me that after she cleaned everything up, she finished decorating for Easter… I didn't realize I had such awesome amazing decorations for Easter. My uncle, aunt, Fred and Joanne, my cousin Rich, Stanley, my mom, and I will get together tomorrow for Easter dinner. It's been such a long time since we've all gotten together, and I'm really excited! I just listen to music, play games on the computer, and watch TV for a while. Adriana came in, fed the hungry pooch, fed me, and then cleaned everything up and went home. I watched TV a little more and then fell asleep.

 Sunday was a perfect day! Easter Sunday! I gave all the girls the day off and decided to stay in bed; we set up Easter dinner in my room. I got my mom honey-baked ham, and my aunt made a turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and gravy, Hawaiian biscuits, and we decided not to do a dessert. My cousin came over a little earlier so the dogs could play in the yard; we had a really nice dinner! After dinner, I just relaxed. I went on Facebook to look at all the pictures of people getting together and having a really nice Easter! I lifted some of my brother's Easter pictures, Deziree cooked an amazing Easter dinner. It looked like a big huge leg of lamb, broccoli with cheese sauce, roasted red potatoes, and deviled eggs… It looked amazing! I also looked on my cousin Debbie's Facebook page, and it looked like they had an awesome Easter! Debbie's been out of town for a while, so her husband Steve was the Easter Bunny, and he did an awesome job! Their little brindle French bulldog even found an egg and was so excited! Everybody in that family is just adorable, and they always have so much fun! My friend Marci sent me a picture of her adorable little bunny; she is so beautiful and pampered as it should be! I have known Marci for probably 30 years, but unfortunately, when I worked with her, we didn't really know each other; a pleasant good morning, but that was about it. I wish I would have got to know her long ago when we work together because she is an amazing person! We talked about one of these days getting together and catching up; I can't wait! I ended my pictures, watch TV, and just relaxed until I fell asleep.








































No comments: