Sunday, July 12, 2020

So nice to have my brother and sister-in-law visiting key from the Oregon…

Monday was a perfect day! Karen came in and fed the hungry crew and then fed me. For some reason, I just can't keep my eyes open, so I fell asleep, and Karen let me sleep for a while then got me dressed and up in my chair. Robby and I took off for a prolonged couple mile cruise and then we came back, I rested for a while and then Dude and I went for a beautiful long journey. We cruised up and down the wharf a couple times, over to the boardwalk, up and down the wharf again and then home. I had an appointment at 3 PM with the chiropractor, Adriana was boring to drive, and Karen was going to come along just to help transfer me to the massage table. I've been really really sore all day, so it was so beautiful to see Dr. Murray; he keeps the back door open… The back door opens up to their parking lot. We just come in the back, and they put me on the massage table, and then he comes in and makes a couple of adjustments, and then they transferred me back into the chair, and he makes a couple more changes. One of his partners that works there was there with her daughter, and her daughter was just so in love with Dude, they rolled around and played on the ground for a long time. I also got to meet his partner whom he said is not only his partner at work but also at home, they looked at each other and blushed a little… It was so cute! We came back, and everybody went home, and after a while, Rosa came in to feed the hungry crew, she put me to bed and then fed me. For some reason, I was so cold, I had the thermostat all the way up 78°, and I had my electric throw around my neck on high, but nothing helped… I have two of these neck pillows that have beads, and you put them in the microwave, and I have one in the front and one under my neck in the back, and I still was freezing. I don't know if I was from all the adjusting or just because I'm getting old after a while I warmed up and I was out. I was so sore and all that adjusting, and he showed me a couple of neck exercises put me right to sleep.























































 Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed boys and then fed me; I had every intention of getting up, but I was so comfortable, and every time they open the back door, I could feel how cold it was outside, so I decided to stay in bed. Cindy put some of the vine seeds in the little peat pockets and fill them with water, let's see if they sprout… Some of the seeds I have been here are so old they might not. I wonder if seeds expire?? My brother came down and made us a roast beef and green chili sandwich; it was perfect! Cindy swiffered my room and straightened up the garage and then went home. My cousin Rich and the girls came over for a little while to visit. Rosa came in and fed the hungry boys, and my brother came down to see what I wanted for dinner, he made sausages, street corn, artichokes… I ordered some artichoke bread, so we also had a piece of that with some butter, and man was that delicious! Rosa cleaned and straightened up a little bit and then went on home. I watch TV for the rest of the night, listen to some music and fell asleep.






Wednesday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry boys and then fed me. We did some personal care in a nice long hot bath, and when she put me back in bed we ended up doing more personal attention, and I didn't get up until around 1 PM, I really need to learn to only eat what I supposed to eat and not eat stuff that I know I'm not supposed. I signed up for the wharf to wharf online, so you have to have a picture of you with your bid and a to prove he went at least 7 miles. I took Robby for a nice little cruise to people park in back, after I rested for a bit I took Dude for a cruise down to the end of the wharf and back a couple times and then it was already time to come home. My brother Stanley and I decided to cruise down to the farmers market and see what we could find, we ended up coming back with some rotisserie chicken and fingerling potatoes and a bag of salad… They rotisserie chicken so that it drips on the potatoes, and then they put Rosemary sea salt; it's so delicious! We ran into my uncle on the way back and invited him and my aunt over for dinner, my mom came downstairs and wait in the living room. Rosa came in and fed the hungry crew and then put me to bed, I was pretty tired and watch TV until I fell asleep.















Thursday was a really good day. Karen came in and took the boys out to go potty and then fed them. She got me something to eat, got me dressing up in my chair… It's going to be a nice long day! Stanley took Robby for a cruise down to the wharf and back.  Karen put microprobe back on my chair and I took Dude out for a nice long cruise through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk, down to the end of the wharf again and then home… Taking pictures like crazy. We cruised home and hung out in the yard for a while and then when it got warm came in and watched TV until Rosa came in. She fed the boys, put me to bed, and then fed me. I watch TV for a while, edited some pictures and I was out for the night.































































 Friday was a really long day. Karen came in and fed the hungry fur babies and then fed me. We did some personal care and a nice long hot bath and I was so excited thinking I was going to be able to get up and enjoy most of the day but then I started having stomach problems and I ended up not getting up until about 3 PM, I thought about staying in bed but I have an appointment with Jennifer and I haven't seen her for about four months so I don't want to miss that. Luckily Stanley took Robby out for cruise so I just cruised with Dude over to the wharf and back. I rested for a bit and then Adriana came in to take me for my appointment in Capitola. While Jennifer was doing her magic Adriana came back here to get some CVD companies that I bought but decided not to eat, probably too much sugar for me. After my appointment, we went to Gayl's bakery to get some little mini pies and cakes for a barbecue were having here tomorrow. A couple of my brother's friends that he went to college with, there must've been about 50 people in line and they said it was going to be an hour so we decided to cruise over to the Buttery and a closed right before we got there. Adriana said she would go in the morning and get an assortment. We cruised home, my poor face is so red and sore from waxing but hopefully, it will go away by tomorrow so I don't look like I got beat up. We went by Safeway to get my Metformin, they have a recall so I had to bring it in yesterday and they said it would be ready today. Adriana put me to bed and then got me something to eat, Cindy and Adriana said they would come over and set everything up for the barbecue… They are so much help and they're so creative, they always do such a great job. I watch 90-day fiancĂ©: the other way and then tried to catch up on my blog but I fell asleep.

Saturday turned out to be a really nice day. Cindy came in and fed the crew and then fed me and got me dressed and up in my chair. The Woofpack came to get Robby and Dude tried to run out real quick so he could go also, I know he really enjoys it but I need to start working with him again. Stanley took Dude for a little cruise and he was really exhausted when they got back, I never saw Dude so tired before so I had a feeling something was wrong. He came inside and just laid on the floor for a while and then he looked a little antsy so I was going to try running them down to the work and back but I think the ground was too hot, Omar was here and I have them touch the ground and he said it was pretty hot so we just went and cruised around a couple blocks and then came back. I rested for a bit and then Stanley's friend started showing up so I went outside to say hello, everybody had a really nice time and Stanley has some funny friends and so sweet! Stanley barbecued burgers, regular, cheeseburgers, bacon burgers, and salmon burgers and he made his famous baked beans with bacon. We had a bunch of appetizers and fruit also. The time went by really fast and right after we ate I saw Dude run around to the dog yard so I went to go run after him to make sure he doesn't eat all the fruit dropping from the tree next door and I heard scrambling behind me, I bumped into Robby and I immediately felt my stomach sink… He just started feeling better after being to emergency and he definitely looked like he was hurt, his back legs were kind of giving out so we gave him some pet CVD and I call the emergency dog clinic, of course, it happened Saturday night at 6 PM. They said I could come to the parking lot but it would be about a two-hour wait so we decided to wait until Adriana got here and if you still party take him over but he seemed to be doing fine so I was relieved. Adriana put me to bed and of course, I was watching Robby on the cameras all night to make sure he was okay so I didn't get any sleep, thank goodness I'm not getting up tomorrow.













Sunday was a nice relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed the boys and then made me a breakfast burrito, I have one at a restaurant by the wharf called the picnic basket so I got all of the ingredients to make it and it was awesome! She put chorizo, bacon, hash browns, feta, and Monterey Jack cheese… I only ate half because my blood sugar was really high in the morning probably from eating all the stuff that I shouldn't be eating. Heather came by and I had her take a couple of the desserts for her and her wife, there's so much food leftover. My mom didn't come down yesterday because she was having a nosebleed and her legs were still swollen from cellulitis. By the end of the evening, she was feeling a little bit better. Karen came in at 2 PM and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, it felt amazing! My mom, my brother, and my sister-in-law went across the street to play cribbage with my aunt and uncle but before they left they made a taco salad… I LOVE their taco salads! We were finishing up just as they were leaving to go across the street so I just listen to my music really loud and waited for 90-day fiancĂ© to air. I like to save at least one or two episodes from last time so I make sure I'm all caught up on everything. I was so nice and relaxed and fell right to sleep after I watch 90 day…

1 comment:

betty said...

Your pictures of the water and the area around it are great Tammie! Loved the ones with the boardwalk too! Hoping Robbie is doing and feeling better!

betty