Thursday, April 18, 2019

It's beginning to look a lot like summer…

Monday was another pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the hungry fur babies and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. My uncle and aunt took Michele down to one of their favorite restaurants downtown. Karen got me dressed and up in my chair and I just wondered around with Robby circling Depot Park. I brought him back and then got Dude and then we went for a cruise through Depot Park, to the end of the wharf and back into the end of the boardwalk and back and then we came home and I got to hang out with Michele for a little while before Rosa came in to put me to bed. My uncle, my aunt, my mom, Claudia, Michele and I played cribbage… I don't even remember who won but we had such a good time catching up and joking around. As soon as everybody left I was out.
























Tuesday was another great day. Cindy came in and fed everybody and then got me dressed and up in my chair. I got an email from Saratoga Mountain Winery telling me that I get to choose the concerts that I want a week before they give the public a chance if you buy four concerts every year they give me the week before her first chance. I usually get a couple and then ask a friend he wants a couple. This year I got Michael Franti, a day of Queen, foreigner and Michael McDonald. Unfortunately, Chicago, Doobie Brothers, Huey Lewis, and the news and hauling notes were not there this year. Michele and I cruised around for a while and then came home and chatted until Rosa came in And fed the hungry boys and girl and then put me to bed. Michele hung out with my mom for a while and I watched TV for a while and then I was out.

Wednesday was another great day.  Susan came in to give me a nice long massage, it always feels so great! Karen came in and fed the hungry fur crew and then we did some personal care and a nice long relaxing bath.  Bailey's groomers came by to groom the boys. Karen got me dressed and up in my chair and I took Robby out for a cruise through Depot Park, over to the wharf, to the boardwalk and back. Dude, Michele and I took off for a cruise to check out the boardwalk and the wharf… The weather has been really nice. We came back home and hung out for a while before Rosa came in to feed the crew and put me to bed. I watched TV for a while, listen to some music and then drifted off to sleep.

































Thursday was a pretty good day but kind of sad, Michele leaves today to go back home. I'm so glad she came and we had an awesome time! Karen came in and fed the crew and then fed me and got me dressed up in my chair. I took Robby out for a cruise/sniff around Depot Park and then home. Dude and I took off for my appointment downtown with Carol, it seems like the more I go there the more I'm having problems with the elevator. I push the button and it lifts up about 2 inches and then drops back down and the doors open, I tried this twice. Carol says there's a guy in a power chair that works there and he never has a problem. We decided to go down the street a little bit and just hang out in the shade. After my appointment we cruised back down through town, through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk were we practiced a couple of commands and then headed home. Rosa came in and fed everybody and then put me to bed. It was a really long week and even though I had a lot of fun I am exhausted, I watch TV until I fell asleep.

Friday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the fuzzy crew and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. She got me dressed and up in my chair and watchdog security came to finish installing the alarm panel. I took Robby out for a cruise through Depot Park, over to the wharf, along the front of the boardwalk and back. Dude and I took off and cruised through the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive a little bit, down to the end of the wharf and back and down to the end of the boardwalk and back. We hung out with Robby in the driveway until Theresa came in. She fed the fur kids and then put me to bed and fed me. I listen to music for a while and played some games online before I fell asleep.

Saturday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed the gang and then fed me, I decided to stay in bed relax. The Woofpack came to get Robby so it was just me and Dude hanging out and watching TV. Theresa came in at 2 PM so we could do some personal care and a nice long hot bath. I was really nice and relaxed a when I went back to bed so I just listen to some music for a while and played candy crush on Facebook… I don't know why that game is so addicting it is.

Sunday was a really good day. Cindy came in and fed everybody and then got me dressed and up in my chair. I took Robby for a cruise around Depot Park a couple times and he sniffed a lot and empties his bladder. I brought Robby home and grabbed Dude and we headed off for the wharf. As we came around the corner from Depot Park to the sidewalk heading towards the wharf I saw a guy off to the left with a truck full of really awesome carvings, bears and dogs and trees, and mushrooms… I talked to the guy for a while and he said that each one only takes him about 20 minutes, he lives in Sacramento but his son is here in Santa Cruz so hopefully, I will see him again… I bought two trees from him. As we cruise down the wharf I could see a human statue… She had white paint on her head, face and arms in a long white gown and she was trying to stand perfectly still but she couldn't help peeking and I wondered if she was new at this. I was thinking about it and I have never seen a human statue on the wharf or the strip between the wharf and the boardwalk and I'm surprised, it looks like a pretty good gimmick. I want to take a picture but of course, my Google glass shut off, I ran into Annalise at the end of the fourth and asked her to turn the glass on for me and she did… She is so sweet! By the time I got back she was gone so I decided to cruise over to the boardwalk and there she was, she moved along the strip and was setting up her bucket to stand on and getting herself situated. We cruised on through the boardwalk and on the way back I ran into Vince, I talked to him for a while and then he asked me to take a picture of him with the statue lady. He started talking to her and she was asking where would be a good place for her to set up, she sounded like she might be from Germany. He talked to her for a while and I took pictures with my Google Glass and they look really funny because it looks like he's talking to a statue. We cruised back home and watch TV until Theresa came in to feed the crew and put me to bed. I ended pictures for a while, played some games online while listening to music and I was out.































1 comment:

betty said...

That would be interesting seeing that human statue, even if she was having trouble staying in character.

betty