Monday, July 9, 2018

4th of July week

Monday was a long day. My right ear is still plugged and throbbing so it looks like another day in bed. Karen came in and fed everybody and then the Woofpack came to pick up Robby for his hike with the pack. Karen played with Dude in the backyard for a while so I feel better he got some exercise and playtime. I pretty much watch TV all day and tried not to move my head, there is nothing worse than a plugged up ear to throw your whole head off. I texted to cancel Mariposa, she was going to come and give me some acupuncture but she told me that she knew how to unplug my ear nose and throat I told her to come on any way that would be awesome. I asked Rosa to come in a little bit later because for some reason she doesn't like Mariposa, she thinks that she's being rude to her because she asks her to be quiet while I get acupuncture… It's just easier to keep her away so she doesn't get offended. She was going to come in at 4:30 PM or 5 PM but she didn't get here until 5:30 PM so I called my mom and told him to play cards without me tonight because I wasn't going to be ready in time. Rosa fed everybody and I just watch TV for the rest of the evening.

Tuesday was a pretty good day, I was finally feeling better and ready to get up and out of here. Cindy came in and fed the fur babies and fed me and got me dressed and up in my chair. I was running late so I had Cindy drop me off at my appointment with Jennifer to get my facial. After my appointment Dude and I cruised through Depot Park where I ran into the Parks and Recreation by that helped me with my nieces the other day, I waved and wanted to go over and thanked him again but I was too embarrassed. We cruised down to the end of the wharf and back and then through the boardwalk and back and then just came home. Omar was moving the gate in my driveway back towards the house more so somebody can park in the driveway without having to open the gate, he and his friend José did an excellent job! Rosa came in and put me to bed after she fed the crew and then she made me a killer dinner, I'm so tired of staying in this bed but at least I find comfort in knowing that it's cold and windy outside so I'm better off in here but I get so anxious and restless.

Wednesday was a pretty boring day even though it was the 4th of July. Most of my caregivers have big families and usually have a big barbecue and party on the fourth so I asked Karen if she would do a double shift, she wasn't doing anything so she agreed to. Susan came in and gave me a nice long relaxing massage and then Karen and I did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, I was so relaxed I just wanted to go back to bed and stay there. My plan was to watch some movies but once again DirecTV changed the format and I couldn't figure out how to print a movie, they only gave you the option to buy for $16. Karen came back to feed everybody and then she went home again. My mom came back from across the street, she was watching Gunner so my aunt and uncle can go visit Rich in the care facility. About 9:30 PM I heard somebody ringing the doorbell on my back porch, I can see him in the surveillance cameras but I was not about to open the door while I was stuck in bed. He had something in his hand and he ran up to the end of the porch by the kitchen window and then ran back down the ramp and around the corner towards the dog run, he did this twice. I called my mom and asked her to fall 911, I can't call emergency numbers from my Skype and that's all I have when I'm in bed. I need to find out a way that I can call 911. It didn't take them very long and two police cars pulled up out front, 911 dispatch called my mom back and asked her to come outside and talk to the officers so she told them what had happened and told him I had surveillance cameras and videos of the guy and then I saw him go back down the driveway and into the apartment complex next door. They went into the backyard and looked around for a while and then just came back and told my mom if he came back to call them again, I hope he doesn't come back. I can tell I won't be getting any sleep this evening. I can't wait to get up and out of here tomorrow.








Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen can be and got me up, I canceled my appointment with Carol, my psychologist because I have an appointment with Jessica, my hairstylist, at 10:30 AM. I had to cancel one appointment so since I keep them three appointments apart the times got all messed up. The Woofpack came to pick up Robby for his pack hike day, he looks forward to this so much. Dude and I had a little bit of time before my appointment so we cruised down to the wharf and back, I love the wharf so much. After my appointment Dude and I cruise down to the end of the wharf and back and then down through the boardwalk and back and then home, I love to have Dude cruise through the boardwalk and ignore everybody… He is so amazing! Everybody that meets us just instantly falls in love with him. We got back home in time to greet Robby coming back from his walk with the Woofpack so they hung out in the yard for a while. Rosa came in and put me to bed after she fed the fur babies. I don't know why but I have had so much anxiety I really can't sleep, I fall asleep like 4 to 6 in the morning… It's really frustrating and I don't know what to do. I watch TV for a while and hope that it helps.

Friday started out to be a really good day. Karen came in and Fed the boys and girl and then we did some personal care and I got to take my nice long hot bath. I took Robby for a short cruise and then came back to get Dude, by the time I got back over to the wharf it was getting too hot so we cruised around a little bit and then came home. My uncle and aunt came over to play cribbage in the living room with my mom and I. My aunt was telling my uncle how I can raise up my chair to see over everyone at the concerts on the beach, I was going to go to the one tonight but I think it's going to be way too hot. I put my chair up as high as it goes and guess what?? Something popped and I was stuck about 6 feet in the air, I tried turning it off and then back on and tried a whole bunch of buttons but nothing worked. I just happen to text Daniel, one of the technicians at Numotion and he happened to be on the freeway at the exit right by my house so he came by, what a miracle! He is such a sweet guy and I couldn't believe he agreed to come by. He tried everything he could think of but couldn't get the error message to go away so he said he would come back Monday when the shop is open and he could call technical support. He was able to take off the brakes and Theresa and Karen pushed my chair in my room, somehow got the sling underneath me and put me safely back in my bed… I was so relieved! She fed the crew and then maybe something for dinner and the rest of the evening I just watched TV.

Sunday was kind of a long day but relaxing. Cindy came in and fed everybody and I decided to just stay in bed, I knew I would probably be sorry but I was still a little exhausted from yesterday and is going to be just as hot today… The last couple of days it is gotten up to 85° and that is just too much for me. The Woofpack came to get Robby and Cindy took Dude for a nice long cruise. I watched a lot of TV and dozed off and on until Theresa came in. She fed the boys and the girl and I decided I wanted to get sliders, tater tots, and onion rings from the burger place upon Mission St., my blood sugar has been really good and I needed something comforting to eat. Of course, it was amazing! I listen to music for a while and finally dozed off.

1 comment:

betty said...

That must have been interesting with your chair stuck like that, Tammie. I would imagine a bit freaky being so "tall" like that. That was scary too about the intruder, hope he doesn't come back again but good you got things caught on your surveillance cameras.

betty