Tuesday, March 13, 2018

It's supposed to be nice all week…

 Monday was a great day. I could wait to get up and out of here, unfortunately, we had to do some personal care and a bath. Karen came in and for the crew and while I was taking a bath the Woofpack came to get Robby, it was such a relief to see him be able to get out after being stuck here all weekend… The same for Dude. After Karen got me dressed up in my chair I was out of here, dude and I cruised around all day down Westcliff Drive and then over to the wharf. I haven't been over to the boardwalk for a long time, I'm trying to find new routes to cruise… Sometimes there's just too many around especially on the weekends. We came back and hung out in the driveway for a while with Robby before Rosa came in. She fed everybody and put me to bed and I watched TV for a little bit and then I was out, I was really exhausted. It's funny but on the days that I stay in bed I just can't make myself sleep all day and then the days that I get up I can't keep my eyes open morning… Even after coffee. Coffee seems to put me to sleep no matter how strong it is.







Tuesday was another great day. Cindy came in and got me dressed and up in my chair and we had a long list of errands to run. She drove us to Scotts Valley to the battery store, they have everything in the way of batteries that you can dream of. I wanted to get a couple of batteries for my door opener buttons, the guy even took it apart and put them in there for me. Since we were in Scotts Valley we decided to try the Scotts Valley market, all I needed was some vegetables and fruit. Everything in the storm looked great! They have a lot of already food and I was really hungry so I might've put a little crazy but I have enough food to get me till next Tuesday. I was going to have Cindy drop me off at Depot Park and take dude for our cruise but it was getting late and I was just tired. Rosa came in and fed everybody and put to bed, but did you forget to wash my face and brush my teeth… I was out.

Wednesday was a really long day. Susan came in and gave me a really nice long massage and they carried came in and we did some personal care, it took a really long time, in fact, we didn't get done until 2 PM… It was really exhausting but likely I didn't have anywhere to go until 5 PM. They were having a demonstration of The EksoGT™ robotic exoskeleton. The EksoGT™ robotic exoskeleton helps patients learn to walk again more efficiently. Dominican is the first hospital in the Monterey Bay area to offer this technology, which is FDA-approved for stroke and spinal cord injury rehabilitation. The units were funded entirely through private community donations to the Dominican Hospital Foundation. The demonstration was amazing and there was a lot of people there that I knew, I wish I had the nerve to stay and talk to some of them but all I could think of was how fast I could get out of there. Going in I kept telling myself just say hi and talk to everyone but once I get in there my mind just freezes and I can't think of anything. I noticed somebody standing next to me so I did look over and it was Nathan, he was my therapist when I got the twisted disc. Dude recognized him right away and kept looking over at him and wagging his tail, it was so cute! We went to Taqueria Vallarta I picked up some food and then stopped by to get Rosa. They told me that Nico was playing basketball at the Kaiser Permanente center, about five blocks from my house, and asked if I wanted to go watch. They have invited me before but I just felt obtrusive but it was a lot of fun, I think Nico was excited to have a lot of his family there and of course Dude, their team color is blue and I just happened to be wearing blue and Dude and on his blue vest. When we got there Scotty was already sitting down and watching the game, after a while, he moved up next to us. Shortly after that Adriana came over to join us, she said she had been there the whole game down in front right entrance…We walked right by her and didn't even see her and she didn't see us. They won!! The team that they played was undefeated but now they can't say that anymore. The coach on the other team was really passed off and teaching the kids to have a bad attitude, I don't think that's what a coach is supposed to do?? We came back here and Rosa put me to bed while Cindy heated everything up and make me some tea, they really do have a neat family. I was so excited I didn't think I would sleep but I fell right to sleep.












Thursday was another great day. Karen came in and got me up and Dude and I took off for a cruise through the lagoon and all the way down Westcliff Drive, it was so beautiful and not a lot of people. Karen went through a lot of the drawers in the bedroom and pulled out to get rid of a lot of the stuff that she knows I really don't wear anymore, she knows me so well. It really feels good to be getting rid of all this clutter and I already promised myself no more shopping… I have everything I need. We have some more to go through but hopefully, we will be done by the end of this weekend. Omar and Cindy will go through the garage and hopefully, we will get rid of a lot of stuff they are also. I took Dude out again this time we went to the lagoon but the men were working up on top of the hill so we turned around and went back through Depot Park, I really need to bother them while they're working… They are so nice but they always have to move all their stuff. We cruised down to the end of the wharf and then came home just in time to meet Robby and West at the door I let them run around of the yard for a little while and then we came in to watch some TV until Rosa gets here. Rosa got here and put me to bed after she fed the crew. When we were out of Scotts Valley market I saw some vegetarian lasagna, I have been craving lasagna so course I had to get it. I also got a salad with pears, Gorgonzola, candied walnuts, and cranberries… It looked really good! They also had a Chinese food section so I got myself some chow mein, fried rice, potstickers and lemon chicken. Luckily Rosa only gave me half because I think I would've eaten at all she would've brought it to me. I had some tea and some medical chocolate and I was out.

Friday was a really long day. Karen came in and fed the boys and girl and then me. We did some personal care which ended up taking a really long time but then I got to take a nice long hot bath, after the bath we had to do some more personal care and then it just got too late to get up so I stayed in bed. I really wasn't fearing very well so it was all for the better. There was supposed to bring anyway but of course, it barely did. I kind of watch TV and sorted out my photos so at least it kept me busy in the day went by fast. Theresa came in and fed everybody all over again, I tried not to sleep all day because sometimes I think it's better to sleep at night but I have a harder time sleeping at night… I guess if you don't have to get up it doesn't really matter. I'm trying to put all my pictures on a passport external hard drive, with taking the Google glass pictures every day I have 36,000 pictures and I'm afraid one of these days my computer is going to have too much stuff on it so I try to put it on a couple of different storage places just in case. I listen to music for a while and sorted more pictures and I was out. I felt something cold running down the back of my arm and at first, I thought maybe I was having a heart attack so I got really scared, turns out the tip came off of my hydration hose and the water was spilling out… I grabbed the homes and threw it over my shoulder and luckily it landed in the bucket that we keep on the floor under my hydration bag in case it leaks.

Saturday was another long day. Cindy came in and after feeding everybody we went through a couple more drawers and cupboards, it feels so great to get everything cleaned up and organized… I think it's really been bothering me for a long time. I stayed in bed again because it was supposed to bring but as usual, it didn't, there were scattered showers but mostly it was nice outside.  the Woofpack came and got Robby and it would've been the perfect day just to cruise around with Dude but I really thought it was going to rain. Cindy and I went through a couple more drawers and cupboards, it feels so great to get everything cleaned up and organized… I think it's really been bothering me for a long time. I stayed in bed again because it was supposed to bring but as usual, it didn't, there were scattered showers but mostly it was nice outside.  the Woofpack came and got Robby and it would've been the perfect day just to cruise around with Dude but I really thought it was going to rain. Thresa came in I washed some clothes and for some reason, I was really tired so we didn't do much else… I just wanted to sleep, watch TV and have some time to myself. For some reason, I was really anxious but I eventually fell asleep.

Sunday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed everybody and then got me up and ready for the day, it was so nice outside, almost too hot. I took Robby for a cruise first through the lagoon, I haven't really been going through the lagoon much because the guys from Parks and rec are building something and I'm just dying to know what it is… I wish I had my Google glass so I could take pictures. I keep forgetting to write in my blog because it's just not the same without my Google glass pictures, half the time that's how I remember what I did during the day. We cruised down Westcliff a little bit, down to the beginning of the wharf and then back home. I rested for a bit and then set off with Dude for the same cruise through the lagoon except went a little bit farther down Westcliff Drive. I ran into Vince, he and his wife are such amazing sweet people he always makes my day and I love his stories! It was almost too hot but felt great at the same time. We cruised home and Theresa came in and fed everybody and then put me to bed, I was exhausted and fell right to sleep.

No comments: