Sunday, January 14, 2018

The holidays are over and it's a new year…

 Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the crew and then we did some personal care and while I was taking a long hot bath the Woofpack came to pick up Robby. I decided to stay in bed because it was going to rain all day, poor Dude. Yesterday he was so wound up I had him jump up on a bench and asked him to speak and he was jumping straight up and down he was so excited, after I asked her to get down he did his little rabbit run but he couldn't go anywhere because he was strapped to the arm of my chair… It was so adorable! Sometimes he has so much energy he just runs like a rabbit around the yard. I decided to stay in bed so I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow or if it does we can at least go outside and run up and down the driveway, Dude likes to play with the ball so that's very helpful. Almost all the decorations Omar took down over the weekend and Karen is working on the inside this morning, the house looked so bare for a while at the end of the year when all the decorations are back in storage. Rosa came in and fed everybody just in time for my uncle, my aunt, Claudia and my mom came to play cribbage.

Tuesday was a pretty boring day. It was supposed to rain again all day so I decided to stay in bed, I remember when I used to be able to stay in bed for days and now I can't… It just makes me crazy! Cindy came in and fed everybody and turned me over for a while just to change my position. She took my van over to Scott's auto body and of course, it did everything it was supposed to, they said there was nothing wrong with it… Are you kidding me?? This always happens. They suggested that I take it over to access options in Watsonville because they fix vans with lifts so I made an appointment to have Omar take it over on Friday. The rest of the day I just watched movies, shows on TiVo and listen to music… It was still a very very long day! Tomorrow I'm definitely getting up, even if I have to sit in my chair in my room and dodge all of the rain… The boys and I need it. Rosa came in and fed everybody and there really wasn't that much to do so she left earlier than usual. I watched more TV until I fell asleep. I hope I get a call about my Google glass tomorrow.

Wednesday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the fur babies and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath. Bailey's grooming service came to give Robby and Dude a bath. Dude has been locked up in this house for two days so I decided to take him out first, he was really wound up. It was really misting outside, it doesn't seem that bad until you get a couple blocks down and you're soaked. We cruised through Depot Park, down to the end of the wharf and back, down Westcliff Drive a little bit and I was soaked so I decided to cruise home and rest for a bit and dry off. Dude and I took off again through Depot Park where we ran into Rafael, he is so handsome! He said Hi and wished me a happy new year! He always makes my day! We cruised back over to the wharf and down to the end and back and my body was just cold and wet so I wanted to come back but then the sun came out so I tilted back and enjoyed the ocean and the sun for a while until I got a 10 minute warning text from Rosa so we headed home. She fed everybody and then put me to bed and got me something to eat, nice hot soup and half of a cornbread muffin and for dessert some chocolate Chia pudding. A girl that I went to school with put this question on her page… "What was the highlight of your day today?" My first thought was sitting on the wharf looking out over the ocean at the boardwalk and listening to music, I looked down to see Dudes head on my lap looking up at me, it just melts my heart. I don't think I really had the opportunity to bond with Robby before he started to rely a lot on my caregivers, they feed him and toilet him rush him and his teeth, clean his ears and get him ready for the day. After I brought Robby home I had to take him back up to CCI in Santa Rosa for a couple of months while I went into the hospital for flap surgery from a pressure sore that went all the way down to my bone, I was in the hospital for four weeks and then in bed at home for a couple more weeks and then gradually starting with an hour in my chair increased at an hour every day so needless to say Robby bonded more with my caregivers than me. Dude has been by my side since I brought him home in August so he is totally bonded with me and I love it, it's a great feeling! Robby will always come first and be number one but Dude is so awesome!

Thursday was a great day. Karen came in and fed everyone and got me up, the Woofpack came and got Robby so it was just Dude and I cruising around for the day. It was such a beautiful day, the sun was out and everything was fresh and clean from the rain that we had. We cruised through the lagoon, I still want to know what project they are working at on the path above the lagoon… Whatever it is it looks like it's going to be pretty awesome. We cruised through Bay St., Park and about halfway down Westcliff Drive.  It looks like they are setting up for a surf contest tomorrow, I hope I'm able to get my Google glass attached to my glasses and crews out there to take pictures. I saw Bob Cruz by on his recumbent bike, I don't know how he can cruise along the side of the road on Westcliff Drive… It looks like it would be really scary to me. We cruised back down to the end of the wharf and back, over to the end of the boardwalk and back and then back down to the end of the wharf again… It looks like they're getting everything ready for the weekend. We hung around on the wharf and met Rosa at Olitas restaurant for some killer Mexican food, I love their salsa! We both had lobster tacos, refried beans, and Spanish rice and it was awesome!! I have been dreaming about it all day and it was worth the wait. The sunset was so beautiful I had Rosa take some pictures with my phone and they came out awesome!  Omar texted me as we were leaving the  Wharf and told me that Adela was in the hospital again and she's going to have surgery, so scary. He texted me later and said that she had the surgery and everything was okay and she was going to be able to go home in the morning, what a relief. I'm not exactly sure what the surgery was for but she had a really bad stomach ache about a month ago, they thought it was food poisoning, and it sounded like it was a reoccurrence of whatever that was. Whatever it was I'm so glad that she's going to be okay, she is such an awesome lady! We cruised back here and she fed the fur babies and put me to bed.  I had to phone messages when I got back, one says that my new wheelchair is on order and another saying that the frames for my Google glass already and I can pick them up tomorrow. What an awesome day!! I watched 20/20 for a while and then drifted off to sleep.







 Friday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the animals and noticed there was one extra, my aunts cat Pita was laying on the landing up on the back stairs and then came to the back porch and found one of Penny's beds so we called my aunt and she said she has been looking for her for hours, Pita is not doing very good… She won't eat or drink. I think she wandered away to look for a place to pass, it's so very sad, my aunt took her home and she disappeared again and now they can't find her… I hope they find her so she doesn't have to be scared and alone. I took Robby for a cruise through Depot Park, over to the wharf where we ran into a guy named Aspen… He was a very happy guy. He said we have talked before and mumbled something about being married to Angelina Jolie and having six toes… He didn't have shoes or socks on and I only counted five but who am I to disagree with Aspen? We cruised down Westcliff Drive a little bit and then home. I rested for a bit and then took Dude downtown for my hair appointment with Jessica, she is so sweet and I love my hair! After my hair appointment, we went over to eye Q, I got a call yesterday that said my Google glass frames were ready, luckily David was there and he attached my Google glass to the Google glass frames and I was ready to go… I was so excited! I wanted to go down to the wharf but it was too cold and I told Theresa that I would be home by four, I'll get to try them out tomorrow, I took a couple of pictures on the way home. Omar took my van over to access options and they adjusted the door and said it was okay, I'm so glad there wasn't any frame damage like ocean Honda said.  I went to the Loma Prieta alumni Facebook page and saw a familiar name. When I lived on Loma Prieta Ave. I was friends with a guy named Gregg Radonich and I saw a girl with the same last name talking about the same area we lived in so I asked her if they were related and she said yes they are cousins. She said he moved away to Montana and we started talking about other people from Loma Prieta, CT English and Los Gatos high… Such great memories of growing up. We decided to see if there's any way we can get another reunion, it was really great talking to her. She's a year older than me and knew all of my friends older siblings. I watch TV for a while before I fell asleep.



Saturday was an awesome day. Cindy came in and fed the gang and then fed me, these days I'm eating chicken sausage with arugula and Chia pudding… It's a pretty good breakfast and good for you. My blood sugar has been really low so that's awesome! The woofpack came to get Robby, Omar came to put the last of the Christmas decorations back in storage for another year and my aunt and uncle came over to fix my blinds… They keep breaking off at the top, eventually, I want to get lines that Amazon echo can control for me. Dude and I took off for a cruise down to check out what all those canopies were set up for down on Westcliff Drive, I always think that after living in Santa Cruz for 10 years nothing surprises me and then I see something that surprises me. I was cruising around by the lighthouse Museum and I saw a guy on a motorcycle with a husky sitting in front of him on the gas tank, the dog looks so happy. I stopped in front and both got a drink of water, neither one of them got off the bike, and then they rode off. We cruised down to the second dog beach and on the way back there was a guy positioning a manikin, fully dressed, looking over the railing into the ocean. He disappeared for a couple of minutes and I tried to get really close to taking a picture but the wink feature on my glass is broken so I have to talk to take a picture and is just more obvious. I wish I could be one of those people that just doesn't care and scoot up real close and take a picture if they didn't want all the attention they wouldn't do it in public right?? He came back with a camera and started taking pictures and repositioning her for more pictures. I cruised back down to the wharf and it was so nice and warm I just decided to lay back and enjoy the sun and the view, there weren't as many people as I thought there would be… I guess everybody is back to work. I ran into Russell and his dog Sparky and we got to catch up for a couple of minutes. We cruised back home and rested for a bit and waited for Robby to come back, they both have so much energy and love to run up and down the driveway when Robby gets back. Theresa put me to bed and make me some prawns, zucchini, and eggplant, Chia pudding in peppermint tea. After I ate I was out but I woke back up as Theresa was leaving, she texted me to tell me that she forgot to clock in and out. I watched a show called live PD for a while and for the first time in a long time I edited the pictures from my Google Glass, it's so great to have it back again.




































Sunday was another really nice day. Cindy came in and fed everyone and got me up, I took Robby for a cruise through Depot Park, over to the wharf and then back. I got Dude and Cindy took me shopping at Whole Foods and then drop me off in Depot Park and Dude and I went for a cruise down to the end of the wharf and back a couple of times.  I have seen this guy cruising around on his motorcycle, he dressed up his helmet like one of the characters on Sesame Street… I can't remember which one but I finally saw it parked and got a picture. I think I saw Baba, he's a monk I met a couple years back… He wears all black and no shoes and carries his guitar and plays it and sings on the wharf, he is so animated and awesome. One day when I was cruising down the wharf he told me that he was moving away and I would probably never see him again, it was really sad but I hope she would be happy. I'm sure I will run into him again if he's back. We cruised home and hung out in the driveway for a while until Theresa came in. She fed everybody and then put me to bed and fed me greens and Chia putting, I am really starting to like the stuff and I love the way Teresa makes it. I watched I, Tanya and then drifted off to sleep.

















No comments: